ADVERTISEMENT

Did Muschamp ever sell his house on Lake Murray?

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
My wife and I were out riding on Lake Murray earlier this week and went by the house. No one was there, but of course everything looked great around the property.

No idea if he sold it or not and I didn't take the time to try to look it up.

It's a great place to chill out for a guy living in Georgia but I can't imagine he'd want to keep it and visit given the sour note of the firing.

My wife and I were out riding on Lake Murray earlier this week and went by the house. No one was there, but of course everything looked great around the property.

It's a great place to chill out for a guy living in Georgia but I can't imagine he'd want to keep it and visit given the sour note of the firing.

Don't believe he has. That house is pocket change to Muschamp. Probably there for just a weekend lake flee at the moment.

Last edited:
According to the Lex Co tax map, he still owns it (doesn't show it being sold since he bought it in 2016 for a cool $1,875,000).

Reactions: Ward Jr
Bad decision by Muschamp. Isn't that home sort of on an island? People, with deep pockets, interested in that kind of setting, are not a dime a dozen. Evidently, he must have thought his firing by Florida was a fluke.

Bad decision by Muschamp. Isn't that home sort of on an island? People, with deep pockets, interested in that kind of setting, are not a dime a dozen. Evidently, he must have thought his firing by Florida was a fluke.

Yes- there is a small drive out to it that goes by the guest house and then right after is the main house.

If anyone finds out UGA is flying recruits into Columbia to have a lake day with Muschamp on Lake Murray, we might have to shut down the message boards and prescribe anti depressant medication.

There are not many attractive avenues to park money at the moment Most pp w/ Muschamp level wealth are keeping sizable stakes in property in this "everything bubble" environment.

Reactions: rhewredi

Old Chinese proverb about property on water, “Sit on it, till it becomes a nuisance”.

Reactions: section907
I have access at work and this piqued my curiosity. Got some healthy taxes on that bad boy, but it is a nice piece of dirt. It looks as though you practically have to drive in your neighbors front yard to make that final turn or two to get to his driveway but maybe it’s not as tight on the ground

I have access at work and this piqued my curiosity. Got some healthy taxes on that bad boy, but it is a nice piece of dirt. It looks as though you practically have to drive in your neighbors front yard to make that final turn or two to get to his driveway but maybe it’s not as tight on the ground

It's pretty tight so I think you are probably right. I tried to look down the driveway but couldn't really tell but it would not surprise me that you do have to do what you suggested with regard to the neighbor's yard.

A number of lake properties are like that- but those big fancy ones often aren't like that.

The only issue I would have (and I admit it's a minor issue) - you are really exposed where his house is located. Anyone riding by in a boat knows when you are home unless you are inside and have the shutters closed. It's private- but in a way not really private.

It's pretty tight so I think you are probably right. I tried to look down the driveway but couldn't really tell but it would not surprise me that you do have to do what you suggested with regard to the neighbor's yard.

A number of lake properties are like that- but those big fancy ones often aren't like that.

The only issue I would have (and I admit it's a minor issue) - you are really exposed where his house is located. Anyone riding by in a boat knows when you are home unless you are inside and have the shutters closed. It's private- but in a way not really private.
So, private but not inaccessible to people you don't want there.

I was on the lake with some friends summer before last and they asked if we wanted to see where CWMs house was. They rode us by, and them, being taters, jumped in the water to pee in front of his house. Kind of funny - kind of tacky - but kind of funny.

I was on the lake with some friends summer before last and they asked if we wanted to see where CWMs house was. They rode us by, and them, being taters, jumped in the water to pee in front of his house. Kind of funny - kind of tacky - but kind of funny.
You know 'em better than I do. Would you say it's kind of typical?

Well, driving up to it would be a bit difficult I think - you don't accidentally drive up to that house.

But from the water on a boat, you can hang out right in front or to the side of the house all you want- which would be a bit odd if it was my property. I mean if someone is fishing- no big deal. But if they are there because they know it's a college football coach, that would not afford him much privacy in the summer - if he's even there.

That said, that property would only increase dramatically in value I would think. So even though he doesn't need the money, it would be a great place to hang onto and enjoy in the summer when he wants to get away from Athens.

Well, driving up to it would be a bit difficult I think - you don't accidentally drive up to that house.

But from the water on a boat, you can hang out right in front or to the side of the house all you want- which would be a bit odd if it was my property. I mean if someone is fishing- no big deal. But if they are there because they know it's a college football coach, that would not afford him much privacy in the summer - if he's even there.

That said, that property would only increase dramatically in value I would think. So even though he doesn't need the money, it would be a great place to hang onto and enjoy in the summer when he wants to get away from Athens.
Water access is what I had in mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT