ADVERTISEMENT

Did the ESPN announcer mention something about slavery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel_Martin

Feb 14, 2010
I didn't catch the whole thing but I thought I heard him saying something about slavery when he was talking about South Carolina. Did anybody catch exactly what he said and in what context?

Announcers sucked more than usual. No mention of pass interference on hurst when they intercepted just “good coverage “. Then no mention of all the holding. There were 2 holds on Michigan when Johnson got called for the face mask on the qb

Could anyone clarify what exactly was said and which announcer said it?
They were highlighting our two assistant coaches, who happen to be African-Americans. They acted like that was a huge deal in SC since we were once a slave state and the first to secede from the Union. I think they meant well, but it came across as a back-handed compliment.

Reactions: rogue cock
Yeah I was like WTF really?? He was basically saying it was such an amazing thing for South Carolina to have two black coordinators considering we were the first state to succeed. What an a$$clown that guy was. Basically he was amazed by that since the State of South Carolina had a history of Slavery.

Thanks for clarifying, I heard the bit about the two coordinators and then kind of got distracted during what followed but definitely heard slavery yadda yadda yadda. ESPN fired all those people and they keep douche nozzles like that liberal muslim staying useless sh!t like that during a live football game.

The University should ask for an apology at the least and ask to have that douche fired. USC always seemed to get tagged with the negativity of the confederate flag issue while Clempson got a pass. Do you think Dabo would allow ESPN say something implying Clempson was racist during a nationally televised game that recruits are watching?

Thanks for clarifying, I heard the bit about the two coordinators and then kind of got distracted during what followed but definitely heard slavery yadda yadda yadda. ESPN fired all those people and they keep douche nozzles like that liberal muslim staying useless sh!t like that during a live football game.

The University should ask for an apology at the least and ask to have that douche fired. USC always seemed to get tagged with the negativity of the confederate flag issue while Clempson got a pass. Do you think Dabo would allow ESPN say something implying Clempson was racist during a nationally televised game that recruits are watching?

Why did you have to mention Muslim? Racist POS. You embarrass all Gamecock fans with this.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Oh yea. Typical PC, MSESPN drivel. Always having to play the race card. The guy was trying to draw some comparison to having two black coordinators and being a state with slaves in centuries gone by. Something I had not given a thought to, or heard anyone else give a thought to. Nor have I heard anyone comment on Clemson's offensive coordinator being black. But shouldn't have been unexpected on an MSESPN broadcast. The announcer in question is Adam Amin. His twutter is @adamamin. Feel free to light him up. I already have.

Announcers sucked more than usual. No mention of pass interference on hurst when they intercepted just “good coverage “. Then no mention of all the holding. There were 2 holds on Michigan when Johnson got called for the face mask on the qb

Just more of the uneducated trash that ends up in the booth for ESPN. I just watch games with audio muted. I see everything quicker than they do anyway. Lol

They also brroke the huddle with 12 men on the field on their only TD with the official looking rig gr8 at the player and not throwing a flag.

Yeah I was like WTF really?? He was basically saying it was such an amazing thing for South Carolina to have two black coordinators considering we were the first state to succeed. What an a$$clown that guy was. Basically he was amazed by that since the State of South Carolina had a history of Slavery.

Well, he could have said the state of South Carolina has a black US senator, how many states can say that, and did have a women Governor that is of Indian decent and is currently Ambassador to the UN.

That war has been over and done with for approximately 153 years. People like those announcers claim the South can't let the past go well how about them. And as someone mention quempsum gets a pass on this crap.

Reactions: cockandload
Why did you have to mention Muslim? Racist POS. You embarrass all Gamecock fans with this.
Wait... is Muslim a racial slur now? I know we cant say retard any more.. the N word has BEEN off limits, but MUSLIM isn’t allowed either? Are we allowed tonuse descriptive terms like “white” or “black” when describing kther hunans any more? What I called a Dutchman DUTCH? Is that racist? Can we say JEWISH?

This over sensitive PC BS is what is wrong with America and the backlash against it is what has lead to the division in our country today..

Wait... is Muslim a racial slur now? I know we cant say retard any more.. the N word has BEEN off limits, but MUSLIM isn’t allowed either? Are we allowed tonuse descriptive terms like “white” or “black” when describing kther hunans any more? What I called a Dutchman DUTCH? Is that racist? Can we say JEWISH?

This over sensitive PC BS is what is wrong with America and the backlash against it is what has lead to the division in our country today..
Is the guy a Muslim and even if he is what difference does it make what his religion is?

It’s embarrassing that you are a purported Gamecock.

He specifically mentioned Muslim in a way that could only be taken as racist. Read the sentence.

If he had mentioned it in a religious context, fine. But he could have just said "liberal". Adding Muslim pretty much shows he had a certain agenda. If you don't see that ---- well, I guess you have the same deep-rooted feelings.

GC2020Member
NewYeah I was like WTF really?? He was basically saying it was such an amazing thing for South Carolina to have two black coordinators considering we were the first state to succeed.

I believe we were the first to “succeed”...but in this case, you mean...Secede.

Reactions: Golden Cock

Well actually Muslim's describes a religious belief not a race, but I wouldn't expect a PC liberal to know that. Just go ahead and accuse any and everyone of being racist like the ESPN announcer did to make yourself and other liberals believe you are smarter and better than others.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
They went off chasing a rabbit and said way more than a CFB telecast should’ve

This.

Well, we didn't succeed, unfortunately, in our effort to secede from the union.

co-sign

Same old, same old. Just another PC Damnyankee still sniping at us over a war we would have long since forgot...except for their species continuing to take potshots at the South at every single opportunity, however tenuous. They're never gonna stop, so just enjoy beating the team they were pulling for today (you know they were; Michigan and their fans are a wonderful example of Northern Arrogance). They'll still be doing this, after another 150 years. It's what they do.

Reactions: tigertrains
They were highlighting our two assistant coaches, who happen to be African-Americans. They acted like that was a huge deal in SC since we were once a slave state and the first to secede from the Union. I think they meant well, but it came across as a back-handed compliment.
We have an African America US senator. Had a female governor. How many Yankee States can claim that?

Isn't it funny you don't hear this crap when Clemson's playing and the history is way worse.
Clemson was a United States military school. A lot of our alumni died fighting for this country. Quit trying to portray Clemson any different than other southern schools.
Same old, same old. Just another PC Damnyankee still sniping at us over a war we would have long since forgot...except for their species continuing to take potshots at the South at every single opportunity, however tenuous. They're never gonna stop, so just enjoy beating the team they were pulling for today (you know they were; Michigan and their fans are a wonderful example of Northern Arrogance). They'll still be doing this, after another 150 years. It's what they do.
Holier than thou yankee BS. They are and were more racist than the south. How many white Yankee soldiers thought they were fighting to end slavery? Small percentage. Most of them cared less about slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT