ADVERTISEMENT

Did the ESPN announcer mention something about slavery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone clarify what exactly was said and which announcer said it?
They were highlighting our two assistant coaches, who happen to be African-Americans. They acted like that was a huge deal in SC since we were once a slave state and the first to secede from the Union. I think they meant well, but it came across as a back-handed compliment.

That's exactly how I heard it.

F@ck ESPN.

Reactions: LAST MANGO
Clemson was a United States military school. A lot of our alumni died fighting for this country. Quit trying to portray Clemson any different than other southern schools.

Holier than thou yankee BS. They are and were more racist than the south. How many white Yankee soldiers thought they were fighting to end slavery? Small percentage. Most of them cared less about slavery.

Despite the "Lost Cause" mythology that took root after 1900, almost every American in 1861 knew that the Civil War was about slavery. If 99% is a small percentage, I'll agree with you.

Well actually Muslim's describes a religious belief not a race, but I wouldn't expect a PC liberal to know that. Just go ahead and accuse any and everyone of being racist like the ESPN announcer did to make yourself and other liberals believe you are smarter and better than others.

^ This. But what I find fascinating is that out of all these PC libs......apparently NOT ONE of them owns a mirror, because they see 'bigotry' everywhere.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Pitchfork.

Ben.

Tillman.

Can't deny it.

Tillman was a really, really bad guy (so was Hampton, Byrnes, Thurmond, etc.). But before he died, Clemson sent a bunch of soldiers to WWI. After he died, we sent a bunch to WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and so on. Then we were the first public college in SC to integrate.

I recall a story about a USC faculty member that performed medical experiments on enslaved women without anesthesia. Does his history wipe out everything else positive about the school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT