ADVERTISEMENT

DirecTV public service announcement

Almost saved $80 but lost one channel my wife likes so only saved $60 plus free sports pack for 6 months. Representative said this was only a word of mouth promotion....

Reactions: EssoClub2
Almost saved $80 but lost one channel my wife likes so only saved $60 plus free sports pack for 6 months. Representative said this was only a word of mouth promotion....

Great , Pass the word .. I am sure Directv isn't trying to publicize . "Get it while it's working "

I just got $55 off a month for a year and a free genieII for 5 tvs
What is geniell?

Do the discounts include internet or are these discounts cable only?

I called Spectrum and those assholes only wanted to increase my internet speed and raise my monthly fee instead of any discounts!

A million thanks...... I called this morning at 8:30 before church and it was quick easy does not extend a contract and I got $40 off for a year and show time for 4 months. OP thank you again and I hope you have a Merry Christmas

While I appreciate the sentiment , , I am married into a Gamecock family for 33 years . That is close enough to honorary Gamecock status. A merry Christmas will suffice.
Thanks.

ac8387c273a15cd6b1ad71e1e40d5291.gif

Reactions: bloody spur
A million thanks...... I called this morning at 8:30 before church and it was quick easy does not extend a contract and I got $40 off for a year and show time for 4 months. OP thank you again and I hope you have a Merry Christmas

good deal ! Merry Christmas

Just called a few minutes ago and got $60PM off charge which was $130PM. There's a thread about this on IF too. This was a nice Xmas present for me as I have been griping to myself for months about DTV charging me too much. Have been with DTV since '97.

I got $40/month off for a year and I've only been with Directv for 12 months. I've been a Directv customer in the past and have AT&T phone service, so maybe those things helped. No sales pitch or pressure to upgrade though.

This sounds like it has to be an NCAA recruiting violation, and I’m turning every last one of you in ... (the verifiable Taters at least)

I told Charter I was cancelling my TV and telephone with them unless they gave me the same deal they were giving everybody else that hasn’t been paying them for the last 5 years like I have. They wouldn’t go that far, but they did knock off $30/mo for 1 year. I am going to see what AT&T will do if I bundle my wireless in with everything else (TV + home phone).

It’s weird. I live in the Greenville suburbs, but AT&T can’t deliver U-Verse or their new Fiber Network to my neighborhood. The only high speed ISP’s available are DISH and Charter/Spectrum (C/S). The best AT&T can do is the old DSL internet at a whopping 4mbps, and I do not trust DISH as an ISP because I do not know 1 person that has any experience with their internet service, plus their prices and speeds advertised are no better than C/S. It’s kinda like the devil you know vs the one you don’t.

If youve got a good signal you can add a hot spot to the unlimited plus plan and use it as home internet - where i'm at signal is pretty rough and i can still usually hit 30-40 mbs with spikes into the hundres . Also depends on if your tower is used alot

weird thing is we had been customers for 10 years and were quoted incorrectly and they STILL wouldn't give me any more off even though new customers got the same package for 60 / month and it still would have been higher than quoted. I ended up having to cancel in my wifes name and signing up in mine although i still haven't seen that gift card! --- so in the end they payed someone to install new equipment, have the old equipment shipped back to them and they are still giving me a good deal ( although it sounds like some of you are getting even better)

Just called a few minutes ago and got $60PM off charge which was $130PM. There's a thread about this on IF too. This was a nice Xmas present for me as I have been griping to myself for months about DTV charging me too much. Have been with DTV since '97.

glad it worked out Merry Christmas

Hmmm...I was skeptical, but just got $40 off and free Showtime. Also, I called the number in the first post, and it says it's been disconnected, but gives a new number...800-531-5000. I didn't even have to ask for a special loyalty discount. I just said I was looking to lower my bill, and boom...$40 and free Showtime. Thanks for posting this.

I got $40/month off for a year and I've only been with Directv for 12 months. I've been a Directv customer in the past and have AT&T phone service, so maybe those things helped. No sales pitch or pressure to upgrade though.

it was an easy call for me as well!

I just called the original number (800-778-3397) and it said it was no longer in service for DTV. It gave a new number to call 800-531-5000. I was still able to get the promotion....

DirecTV users, public service announcement. Call 1-800-778-3397 and ask for your "Holiday Loyalty Discount" You will get between $15.00 and $60.00 per month off your monthly bill. Every little bit helps. I got $20 discount per month, Showtime for 4 months (don't have to call to cancel ), and $5 per month off the regional sports pack. My relative in SC got $60.00 per month discount for 12 months. Anyway, it is worth a call.

number is disontinued now

Awesome!! I had to call the new number also and almost gave up. I am glad I didn't...got $40 off, free HBO for 6 mos and finally getting HD and DVR installed for free! Thanks, esso!

DirecTV users, public service announcement. Call 1-800-778-3397 and ask for your "Holiday Loyalty Discount" You will get between $15.00 and $60.00 per month off your monthly bill. Every little bit helps. I got $20 discount per month, Showtime for 4 months (don't have to call to cancel ), and $5 per month off the regional sports pack. My relative in SC got $60.00 per month discount for 12 months. Anyway, it is worth a call.
thanks. nice of you to share. merry Christmas.

I bet they are extending your contract too.
actually had thought the same thing would come up. but no, same contract as it was structured. the bonus discount is something they do once a yr. usually without alot of fanfare. but if you become aware of it. then you have to jump on it. the window appears to close rather quickly. you should call em. good deal.

If youve got a good signal you can add a hot spot to the unlimited plus plan and use it as home internet - where i'm at signal is pretty rough and i can still usually hit 30-40 mbs with spikes into the hundres . Also depends on if your tower is used alot

I thought VZ slowed hotspot speeds down to a crawl (less than 1mbps). Are you saying you’re using VZ Hotspot to power your internet use within your home?

I saved $55
Got that bill down to a cooooollll $250 ehh?

Direct Tv is THE biggest ripoff I have ever paid for! They lure you in with some BS rate and constantly raise it, then I have to beg them to lower it every few months... what a racket! You think, if they can drop your bills $50-60 a MONTH- WTF were they charging you all this time?? DOUBLE what most other companies would charge, and more than TRIPLE what my new streaming service costs!
It isn’t any better than dish or anyone else... i’d recommend saving more and canceling it!

I thought VZ slowed hotspot speeds down to a crawl (less than 1mbps). Are you saying you’re using VZ Hotspot to power your internet use within your home?

No att hotspot for 20 dollars a month, on atts they only may slow it down after 22gb and then only when the towers congested. Yes its my only internet and works great especially since the line is again only 20 bucks

Got that bill down to a cooooollll $250 ehh?

Direct Tv is THE biggest ripoff I have ever paid for! They lure you in with some BS rate and constantly raise it, then I have to beg them to lower it every few months... what a racket! You think, if they can drop your bills $50-60 a MONTH- WTF were they charging you all this time?? DOUBLE what most other companies would charge, and more than TRIPLE what my new streaming service costs!
It isn’t any better than dish or anyone else... i’d recommend saving more and canceling it!

Y’all hear a splash? Sounded like someone dropping a turd in the punch bowl.

I just called the number posted. It was disconnected but I called the main DirecTV # the message gave. The first agent was clueless and said my account had no loyalty offers. When I suggested that cable companies were offering huge discounts she transferred me to another agent (supposedly a “loyalty department agent”. Well she was clueless as well but listed a couple package upgrade offers she said I was eligible for, but it extended the contract. I said no and explained I was a customer for more than 15 years & my friends got the holiday loyalty discount, and I should too. She then transferred me to a loyalty depot guy for real. He checked my account and found a $50 off per month for 12 months and either Showtime or the Sports package for free for 6 months which would automatically end without needing to call to cancel. I asked if it extends the contract because “I do not authorize extending my contract.”, and he said nope. He did offer other discounts and new equipment if I wanted to extend, but I declined those. So, it sounds like you have to work for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT