ADVERTISEMENT

Do UK basketball players ever graduate...Who? When?

Where you been Friend? Locked Up?? UNC hasn't had classes in close to 20 years now.
I could have sworn that UNC has had more academic all-Americans than UK has had bb graduates. I can name them if you’d like. But I think you are just envious, if not a hater.

UNC has had more academic all-Americans than UK has had bb graduates. I can name them if you’d like.

Are you sure about that??? I really don't think you could name them all. I think you are just blowing smoke up my ass.

Are you sure about that??? I really don't think you could name them all. I think you are just blowing smoke up my ass.
Luke May was named to the Academic All-America second team. He is the fourth Tar Heel men's basketball player to earn Academic All-America honors in multiple seasons with Tom LaGarde (1975, 1976), Tyler Zeller (2011, 2012) and Marcus Paige (2014, 2015, 2016). and became the fourth Tar Heel to earn Academic All-ACC honors four times (with Henrik Rödl, Zeller and Paige). CAROLINA'S COLLEGE SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTORS OF AMERICA (CoSIDA) ACADEMIC ALL–AMERICAS
Billy Cunningham: 1965
Charles Scott: 1970
Steve Previs: 1972
Dennis Wuycik: 1972
Kim Huband: 1972 (3rd)
Brad Hoffman: 1975 (2nd)
Ed Stahl: 1975 (2nd)
Tommy LaGarde: 1975 (2nd), 1976
Bruce Buckley: 1976 (2nd)
Steve Hale: 1986
Henrik Rödl: 1993 (3rd)
Eric Montross: 1994
Tyler Zeller: 2011, 2012
Marcus Paige: 2014 (2nd), 2015 (2nd), 2016
Luke Maye: 2018 (2nd)

Now who is blowing smoke, idiot!

And exactly how many years does academic fraud go back? Some may have deserved and others just a stamped fakery.
And this does not include outstanding academic performers who did not make the all-American team: Cameron Johnson, Nazzir Little, Harrison Barnes..and the list goes on.

You are all talk and envy

I think I made my point and defended it. Now, list UK starters who have even graduated from UK. Just one, or two...

Luke May was named to the Academic All-America second team. He is the fourth Tar Heel men's basketball player to earn Academic All-America honors in multiple seasons with Tom LaGarde

Pretty damn impressive, Smoky, I must admit. I really find it amusing that you included Eric Montross. You must have an excellent sense of humor. But, you said there were more UNcarolina AA's than Ky BB grads. Didn't see that list yet. I know you must have it to make such board statement. Certainly, you do, don't you???

Pretty damn impressive, Smoky, I must admit. I really find it amusing that you included Eric Montross. You must have an excellent sense of humor. But, you said there were more UNcarolina AA's than Ky BB grads. Didn't see that list yet. I know you must have it to make such board statement. Certainly, you do, don't you???

It’s easy to produce Academic All-Americans when they get “A’s” in classes that don’t exist. That list should be 20 times longer. How dumb to these guys have to be NOT to be Academic All-Americans at a school literally handing out credits???

And I guess he’s bashing UK for sending so many players to the NBA early.

But still don’t know why he’s talking Kentucky on the SC board. But I totally understand why he’s talking basketball...because NC football sure isn’t worth talking about.

That’s because there are no UK basketball players to make up a list>. Name just one....I am waiting.

And UK blasts Duke and UNC for easy classes

UK uses the Calipari tried-and-true "One and Done" system, so there's not too many UK MBB players still eligible to graduate, unless they go back after their pro careers are through. Duke has now gone to that, while UNC hasn't yet due to their recruiting not being at the same level of UK and Duke over the Roy Williams' years.

UNC goes for the talented prospects that could not get admitted to UK or Duke academically for even one year, much less four. But their system compensates for that by letting the prospects skate through virtual-reality classes, and by giving them De Facto grades.

The "One and Done" system has proven to be a failing system at the collegiate level. Calipari lucked out by having a few caliber players stay at UK that one year instead of go pro, and then added to them his best prospect during his time there in Anthony Davis, and it resulted in him getting himself a NCAA Title.

But that will be his only title he'll get as a college HC - UK can excite the fanbase every year with talented, blue-chip talent, but the coaching and development is sorely lacking with the lone year they get every year, and with the coaching staff geared to recruit more than teach. And the UK fanbase will have to settle for the high pre-season and during-season rankings, hype, and expectations, only to keep seeing the team under-achieve during the post-season, because they are never developed enough to handle the best of the best in a two-week format. That's the bed they climbed into when they hired Calipari....

Meanwhile, now Duke is starting to experience the down-side of the "One and Done" phenomena, even with an excellent teaching staff under Coach K, because having talent for just 1 year doesn't give Coach K enough time to actually TEACH. The caliber of talent that Duke has brought in the past 2-3 seasons - had they gotten that talent during the 1990s or early 2000s, they would be the acting dynasty right now in MBB.....

Reactions: atl-cock

Lol.....wonder if he knows how easy it is to have academic All Americans when you have fake classes that hand out A’s for pretend work. Hell, put me in charge....I’ll whip out an “academic AA” each semester.

Luke May was named to the Academic All-America second team. He is the fourth Tar Heel men's basketball player to earn Academic All-America honors in multiple seasons with Tom LaGarde (1975, 1976), Tyler Zeller (2011, 2012) and Marcus Paige (2014, 2015, 2016). and became the fourth Tar Heel to earn Academic All-ACC honors four times (with Henrik Rödl, Zeller and Paige). CAROLINA'S COLLEGE SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTORS OF AMERICA (CoSIDA) ACADEMIC ALL–AMERICAS
Billy Cunningham:

There's a pretty big difference between "I can name them if you'd like" and "Let me copy and paste directly from goheels.com and pretend I knew this."

https://goheels.com/story.aspx?file...amed-academic-all-america&file_date=3/12/2018

Lol.....wonder if he knows how easy it is to have academic All Americans when you have fake classes that hand out A’s for pretend work. Hell, put me in charge....I’ll whip out an “academic AA” each semester.

Seriously, I don't think he realized he was on a South Carolina board. I was baiting him the best I could but, I guess he finally just went away. We'll see.

EDIT: Nah, he's still hanging in there. Usually they'll pass out by now.

Last edited:
That’s because there are no UK basketball players to make up a list>. Name just one....I am waiting.

I usually do not converse this much with UNc supporters but, when I do, I always order the Whopper combo with large fries.

But, I gotta ask you two things Sweet Thang. Do you realize that you are on a South Carolina board whining about Ky's graduation rate??? Is there some logical reason why I have been blessed to bear this cross???

Seriously, I think you have me confused with someone who gives a shit.

P.S. Thanks for the smoke.

Reactions: swflakat
Seriously, I don't think he realized he was on a South Carolina board. I was baiting him the best I could but, I guess he finally just went away. We'll see.

EDIT: Nah, he's still hanging in there. Usually they'll pass out by now.

Sadly, he believes UNC is an academic bastion up there with the likes of Harvard. I guess he operates under the George Costanza philosophy : “it’s not a lie if you believe it”

Reactions: Thigh Man
Sadly, he believes UNC is an academic bastion up there with the likes of Harvard. I guess he operates under the George Costanza philosophy : “it’s not a lie if you believe it”

What tickled me, was from his 2nd post on, he was ranting and angry, as if he had been arguing with someone else previously.

Ignorance is such a sad state, especially when someone doesn't realize it.

Does the NCAA still not penalize programs if they fall below a certain % number of athletes graduating? Seems I remember if a school didn’t graduate enough players they’d lose scholarships. If that’s still true, how the Hell does Kentacky men’s b-ball program have ANY scholarships left?

Does the NCAA still not penalize programs if they fall below a certain % number of athletes graduating? Seems I remember if a school didn’t graduate enough players they’d lose scholarships. If that’s still true, how the Hell does Kentacky men’s b-ball program have ANY scholarships left?
I've been wondering about that too. Wasn't it the APR or something like that?

I could have sworn that UNC has had more academic all-Americans than UK has had bb graduates. I can name them if you’d like. But I think you are just envious, if not a hater.
It's really easy to be an academic all-american when you get A's for just signing up for your courses that don't exist.

Reactions: kl40504
Under Calipari all 20 players at UK who were eligible to graduate by the end of their senior years have graduated, including four players (Patrick Patterson, Jarrod Polson, Alex Poythress and Brad Calipari) who earned their degree in just three years.

And Alex Poythress is the 12th Kentucky player to earn academic All-America honors in program history, joining legends such as Louie Dampier, Larry Conley, Dan Issel, Mike Pratt and Kyle Macy. Mark Pope

Last edited:
Billy Cunningham:

You left out Rashad McCants.

UK uses the Calipari tried-and-true "One and Done" system, so there's not too many UK MBB players still eligible to graduate, unless they go back after their pro careers are through. Duke has now gone to that, while UNC hasn't yet due to their recruiting not being at the same level of UK and Duke over the Roy Williams' years.

UNC goes for the talented prospects that could not get admitted to UK or Duke academically for even one year, much less four. But their system compensates for that by letting the prospects skate through virtual-reality classes, and by giving them De Facto grades.

The "One and Done" system has proven to be a failing system at the collegiate level. Calipari lucked out by having a few caliber players stay at UK that one year instead of go pro, and then added to them his best prospect during his time there in Anthony Davis, and it resulted in him getting himself a NCAA Title.

But that will be his only title he'll get as a college HC - UK can excite the fanbase every year with talented, blue-chip talent, but the coaching and development is sorely lacking with the lone year they get every year, and with the coaching staff geared to recruit more than teach. And the UK fanbase will have to settle for the high pre-season and during-season rankings, hype, and expectations, only to keep seeing the team under-achieve during the post-season, because they are never developed enough to handle the best of the best in a two-week format. That's the bed they climbed into when they hired Calipari....

Meanwhile, now Duke is starting to experience the down-side of the "One and Done" phenomena, even with an excellent teaching staff under Coach K, because having talent for just 1 year doesn't give Coach K enough time to actually TEACH. The caliber of talent that Duke has brought in the past 2-3 seasons - had they gotten that talent during the 1990s or early 2000s, they would be the acting dynasty right now in MBB.....
The development at UK is excellent. UK players are considered the most NBA ready. Most of your post was blind hate.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Billy Cunningham:

That list actually isn't all that impressive. I figured it'd be higher considering the sheer number of guys who were given straight A's and a college degree for over 20+ years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT