ADVERTISEMENT

Do you believe this?

I never really understood until this year - that all CDC flu numbers are projections. That only in a small percentage of the deaths attributed to the flu was the deceased given a flu test. It's more interesting as you point out that flu deaths could have been up to 62,000, or as low as 24,000. It's a strange system.

That said, no one talks about flu deaths because we know all about the flu. We have vaccines and know that if a typically healthy person gets the flu they have a crappy couple of days on the couch - not a trip to the hospital. This new virus is largely unknown and though we look at it killing people with "pre-existing conditions" and older people - we don't actually know why and how exactly it taxes our bodies.

The flu vaccines is more like a guess of the type of strain that may be out there...

It's all a guess...

I talked with a neighbor and trusted friend of mine this past week. He said he knew of a former co-worker of his who recently told him of his elderly father who had been very ill over the years with heart problems and had finally passed away from a Heart Attack. When he received copies of his father's Death Certificate - it read that his father had died of Covid-19. His co-worker went to the doctor who saw his dad and complained to him that his father didn't die of Covid-19 but had simply had his final but deadly heart attack. The doctor sternly looked at him straight in the eye and said - "that is what the Coroner has stated on the record and that's what it will be."

He probably did.......If you are living with a co-morbidity and you contract a virus that makes you so sick that you die. Your primary cause of death is that virus.

I had a buddy on Sullivan's who took meds for a heart/lung condition and had been doing so for years. He was in his early 50s and in good shape. Walked every day, etc....He died in his shower with his washcloth still in his hand. The doctor signed off on a cardiac event.

However, the family pushed and found out he was positive for COVID....COVID usually hangs around 3-6 weeks at most. If you die in that window, chances are it was a catalyst.

Most Americans live with some type of comorbidity by around age 45, whether diagnosed or not. At that juncture, you're past your reproductive years, and evolution doesn't stop for anyone.

Reactions: the real usc
I talked with a neighbor and trusted friend of mine this past week. He said he knew of a former co-worker of his who recently told him of his elderly father who had been very ill over the years with heart problems and had finally passed away from a Heart Attack. When he received copies of his father's Death Certificate - it read that his father had died of Covid-19. His co-worker went to the doctor who saw his dad and complained to him that his father didn't die of Covid-19 but had simply had his final but deadly heart attack. The doctor sternly looked at him straight in the eye and said - "that is what the Coroner has stated on the record and that's what it will be."

Right because everyone that treated him gets more money from a covid patient.

Reactions: ClemDent
He probably did.......If you are living with a co-morbidity and you contract a virus that makes you so sick that you die. Your primary cause of death is that virus.

I had a buddy on Sullivan's who took meds for a heart/lung condition and had been doing so for years. He was in his early 50s and in good shape. Walked every day, etc....He died in his shower with his washcloth still in his hand. The doctor signed off on a cardiac event.

However, the family pushed and found out he was positive for COVID....COVID usually hangs around 3-6 weeks at most. If you die in that window, chances are it was a catalyst.

Most Americans live with some type of comorbidity by around age 45, whether diagnosed or not. At that juncture, you're past your reproductive years, and evolution doesn't stop for anyone.
Obviously you don’t really know how death certificates really work.

Prior to cdc mandate changes in April, if you had heart disease and died from a heart attack while positive with the flu, that cause of death would be heart disease not the flu. Post new cdc mandates that’s not the case anymore. It’s being pushed to be covid. Now why would that be. Sit back and think about it. We already know that the government (tax payers) is going to pay hospitals x amount for every covid patient they treat. If elective surgeries are off and people are staying at home and not coming to the ER the money has to come from somewhere. I have already seen it personally.

Too long to read, I know I don`t believe 68% of the public thinks we are being too aggressive about opening up. If so, they need to show how many of those people are getting more money to not work than to work, how many of those polled are small business owners, etc. They never put the details out there. I say open up. I`m not afraid of Covid - don`t wear a mask, don`t use hand sanitizer. I was checking out at Publix yesterday - I got fruit, vegetables, yogurt, fake meat stuff, etc. The guy behind me had a mask, gloves, etc. and was buying a big juicy steak, beer, etc. Probably not a thought to all the potential contamination at the meat-packing plant where his steak came from. Probably smokes a pack a day or so. The things people are afraid of and not afraid of. I`m ready to go out to eat, go to a concert, go to a ball game. I`m in good health, have few bad health habits(sweets and caffeine may get me), so if I get it it probably won`t do much anyway. So much hysteria, paranoia out there. Yes its real - if I lived in NY or NJ I would be a lot more careful. Look at the very low # of deaths in Florida and Texas - even less than Connecticut - now why is that???

Prior to cdc mandate changes in April, if you had heart disease and died from a heart attack while positive with the flu, that cause of death would be heart disease not the flu. Post new cdc mandates that’s not the case anymore. It’s being pushed to be covid. Now why would that be. Sit back and think about it. We already know that the government (tax payers) is going to pay hospitals x amount for every covid patient they treat.

Don't follow. It's well documented COVID can induce heart attacks. It's evident throughout the literature - regardless of the country, etc...They were correct in making that change.

In terms of the conspiracy theory over hospitals ramping up numbers to get their extra $$, that's been circulating for months now and it's an easy audit. So that's just gross negligence on our part if it's happening to any real extent.

Also, that theory doesn't explain the deviation b/t the average historical number of daily deaths in say, NYC (which is around 165) and what's been going on since COVID hit. Which is about 4x that number w/ all parameters being equal....You can't fake dead bodies.

Don't follow. It's well documented COVID can induce heart attacks. It's evident throughout the literature - regardless of the country, etc...They were correct in making that change.

In terms of the conspiracy theory over hospitals ramping up numbers to get their extra $$, that's been circulating for months now and it's an easy audit. So that's just gross negligence on our part if it's happening to any real extent.

Also, that theory doesn't explain the deviation b/t the average historical number of daily deaths in say, NYC (which is around 165) and what's been going on since COVID hit. Which is about 4x that number w/ all parameters being equal....You can't fake dead bodies.

What do you mean you don’t follow, just because you have a heart attack while covid positive does not mean your cause of death is covid. What if you were asymptomatic and has a heart attack. Before the mandate change that cause of death would have been listed as heart disease not covid.

Total hoax and America has been played bigtime. I knew it was a hoax when it started. And there's more than Crystal clear facts all over the place that states that it is. All bullshit. you can believe the media including Fox and all media outlets for that matter and they're all full of crap.

What do you mean you don’t follow, just because you have a heart attack while covid positive does not mean your cause of death is covid. What if you were asymptomatic and has a heart attack. Before the mandate change that cause of death would have been listed as heart disease not covid.

If you live 60-70+ years and you die in a tight window of a few weeks of when you have COVID, there's an extremely high chance COVID was the catalyst - especially if it was heart/lung related.

There's been plenty of cases where people were asymptomatic with no known heart condition and dropped dead. Especially health care workers.

And again, the actual body count vs. historical averages. There's no way to reconcile the massive rise.

Last edited:
In SC, the positive rates dropped from 14% to under 4% over the last 2 weeks.
Really, I have been tracking them everyday for 2 months and they have been 9-11 percent. Perhaps we have different data sources. Mines an outside third party that tracks public/private.

For those with enough sense to grasp....
This is gold: The principle is viral exposure over an extended period of time.

I see nothing in this article that is false or falsely presented. I am glad he explained in more detail the restaurant incident in China.

Yes, I am a sure there is a level of confirmation bias in academic research, but it is a cop out to just dismiss studies as biased or influenced by funding. You only hear that stuff regurgitated on social media.

For what it's worth, everyone seems to be guessing to an extent. The article did not seem to make any giant leaps to conclusions. Again, this will be more concerning for older people and those with existing health issues. I don't see how diagramming how the virus spreads in a restaurant or a confined space is controversial. There will inevitably be people that think they are safe and will resume doing things they did pre-social distancing.
The reason you “only hear that stuff regurgitated on social media “is because the t v and newsprint media is overwhelmingly slanted to the left. Usually way left

What is the author lying about?
You only have to read a couple of paragraphs to realize this author is totally full of shit. There is no possible way a normal human being can generate a sneeze that causes droplets to travel 200 mph. That is a physical impossibility. A major league baseball pitcher using all the force and weight of his body can only generate enough force to throw a baseball 100mph - if he is exceptionally powerful. A sneeze generating 200 mph is ludicrous. Use some frigging common sense,

Nope In my opinion that is fear mongering and propaganda at its finest. I will not go as far to say this is a hoax but it is defiantly bring politicized and used by the media to insight fear and get ratings.

Even if you take everything he predicts as true, he is predicting 140,000 deaths this year in the US. In 1968 we lost close to that number in the US from the Hong Kong flu. (H2N2) That was the year of Woodstock, nothing was shut down. It was a much smaller population with nearly comparable deaths to what is predicted here. This COVID is a serious illness and extreme measures may be needed at nursing homes and other old people venues, but hospitals aren't overwhelmed as was predicted, so cautious opening of the economy is logical. Sure wear masks, wash hands, distance and the like, when possible, as he suggests.

Reactions: patback33

I think you are about ten years too early with your age 45 comment. Maybe by age 55.

You only have to read a couple of paragraphs to realize this author is totally full of shit.
The 200 MPH thing was a mistake, but the rest of the article is solid. I dare you to prove otherwise.

so you talked to a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy. Interesting.

Reactions: mcbear30
The 200 MPH thing was a mistake, but the rest of the article is solid. I dare you to prove otherwise.
Ohhh! So you wish to pick and choose the parts of the article you want to believe? Gotcha. Well I choose to believe that if there is such a glaring mistake in the article like this then there probably are many others as well. When you find such irresponsible statements such as this how can you believe anything else in the article?

Even if you take everything he predicts as true, he is predicting 140,000 deaths this year in the US. In 1968 we lost close to that number in the US from the Hong Kong flu. (H2N2) .
Estimated 147k deaths by August. That's about 7 months from the start.
Hong Kong flu was about 100k over about 18 months.
How many Covid deaths over 18 months?

Reactions: funktavious
Ohhh! So you wish to pick and choose the parts of the article you want to believe? Gotcha. Well I choose to believe that if there is such a glaring mistake in the article like this then there probably are many others as well. When you find such irresponsible statements such as this how can you believe anything else in the article?
Surely you have the smarts to digest the information and make informed decisions without a predetermined bias?

Reactions: funktavious
Surely you have the smarts to digest the information and make informed decisions without a predetermined bias?
Yes I do. But do you? After reading an article that you acknowledge has at least one glaring error, you seem to be willing to dismiss that and accept the rest of the article without question. Is that because of your predetermined bias?

Again that stat is inflated and can’t be trusted when it’s in the best interest in those reporting to have more deaths. IE unexplained change in cause of death protocol.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Again that stat is inflated and can’t be trusted when it’s in the best interest in those reporting to have more deaths. IE unexplained change in cause of death protocol.
147,000 doesn't seem that inflated when there are already 84,000 dead in the US.

And (based on yearly averages) in 2019 through 7 months 1,484,000 Americans died. (With no virus) I’ll ask AGAIN; why the nationwide shut down this year? Thank GOD I live in South Carolina and we are trying to get back to normal. After two months of this nonsense I’ve come to realize that the bulk of Americans will just sit back and allow anything to happen to them without even questioning anything.

Yea...it's all BS.
Be a man....stand up to the BS!
If you're a real man? Well are you?
C'mon....show us what you got! Put your money where your mouth is!
Rage against the Coronahoax BS! You can do this!

Yes I do. But do you? After reading an article that you acknowledge has at least one glaring error, you seem to be willing to dismiss that and accept the rest of the article without question.
It's called common sense.

So, if you don't believe the info in the article, and it's just BS, then put your money where your mouth is.
Don't worry about washing your hands....because it's all BS right?
Don't need a mask........because it's all BS right?
Be sure to spend lots of time in closed spaces with others........because it's all BS right?
Next time you hear of someone getting sick, be kind and hold their hand and let them breathe on you........because it's all BS right?
Next time you go to the Dr or dentist....laugh at them for wearing masks........because it's all BS right?
Next time you see a picture of medical people wearing their protective gear....laugh at them as well........because it's all BS right?
The 1918 flu was just propaganda & the numbers were inflated.........because it's all BS right?

It's called common sense.

So, if you don't believe the info in the article, and it's just BS, then put your money where your mouth is.
Don't worry about washing your hands....because it's all BS right?
Don't need a mask........because it's all BS right?
Be sure to spend lots of time in closed spaces with others........because it's all BS right?
Next time you hear of someone getting sick, be kind and hold their hand and let them breathe on you........because it's all BS right?
Next time you go to the Dr or dentist....laugh at them for wearing masks........because it's all BS right?
Next time you see a picture of medical people wearing their protective gear....laugh at them as well........because it's all BS right?
The 1918 flu was just propaganda & the numbers were inflated.........because it's all BS right?

I don’t wear a mask, gloves or wash my hands more than I did. I have been to Lowe’s almost every day since this bs started. No one is saying it’s not real, just blown WAY out of proportion.

Yea...it's all BS.
Be a man....stand up to the BS!
If you're a real man? Well are you?
C'mon....show us what you got! Put your money where your mouth is!
Rage against the Coronahoax BS! You can do this!

Man, woman or mouse..
How can anyone argue with a person who says the people........ "can’t be trusted when it’s in the best interest in those reporting to have more deaths".

For one it reads as more of an opinion peace than scientific fact. People also forget that scientist are swayed by their political affiliation as well.

This is research from a well known and respected, Ivy League researcher with s stellar reputation. You clearly don’t understand the importance of presenting an unbiased study in the sciences. Other researchers have validated all of the facts contained in this research and it is getting a lot of attention.

Reactions: bosoxcock
You only have to read a couple of paragraphs to realize this author is totally full of shit. There is no possible way a normal human being can generate a sneeze that causes droplets to travel 200 mph. That is a physical impossibility. A major league baseball pitcher using all the force and weight of his body can only generate enough force to throw a baseball 100mph - if he is exceptionally powerful. A sneeze generating 200 mph is ludicrous. Use some frigging common sense,

In Anatomy and Physiology 101 you learn about the power behind a human sneeze. It is common to generate that kind of velocity with a sneeze.

And yet, most experts agree that it's an underestimation, or at least a low ball figure.
No; false. "Most experts" agree to no such thing.

Aside from internet experts, here is the problem with all the "information" people think they see out there...we place masks and use social distancing on people who are in no danger of dying from the virus instead of quarantining those that are. Then, when the elites tell us that it is okay to stop using these things, we have not developed sufficient antibodies to fight it off and we contract it and spread it to those that have been let out of quarantine. Then they get sick and die and we slam the brakes on a 22 trillion dollar economy that WILL NOT recover from a "round two" of this mess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT