ADVERTISEMENT

Do you personally know anyone with coronavirus?

And if that were typical of nursing homes everywhere, it would mean something statistically.
It shows what happens when it gets a foothold - that's the point. With a long incubation period, it takes a while to know. With the bumbling effort of testing, it will spread before people are tested. Just look at Italy to understand, and we have like 7 times as many people as Italy.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It shows what happens when it gets a foothold - that's the point. With a long incubation period, it takes a while to know. With the bumbling effort of testing, it will spread before people are tested. Just look at Italy to understand, and we have like 7 times as many people as Italy.
Make sure you get in your digs with every post, your so predictable.

Reactions: Expro19 and PC31
Why are people so quick to cite Italy? They are an aberration. Look at all the
nations surrounding Italy, even backwards-@$$ Greece. I don't know everything that's wrong in Italy besides the fact they are an old populace. But they are also atypical of the course of this virus.

Just being honest, dude. We have a bumbling fool in the White House.

@cockhornleghorn I appreciate you fighting the good fight on a message board full of people who don't want to hear/see it.

The President is a minimum a clown. At worst, a danger to democracy. Zero responsibility for his previous actions and throws people under the bus when he can.

Reminder that he once tweeted this

Most symptoms don't start until about 5 days after getting it. :(
Coronavirus incubation:

Infection Symptoms appear Standard 14-day quarantine period
21540721_1584141959738.jpg

"Viral Shedding"— Ability to infect others until cured
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...vid-19-infection-process-symptoms/5009057002/

@cockhornleghorn I appreciate you fighting the good fight on a message board full of people who don't want to hear/see it.

The President is a minimum a clown. At worst, a danger to democracy. Zero responsibility for his previous actions and throws people under the bus when he can.

It's called politics, Shall we go back and look at what Democrats said about certain issues? Like gay marriage, illegal immigrants, and others.

Check out Biden's Illinois townhall on YouTube from today. Disastrous to say the least. Sad to watch someone's mental decline in free fall. Guy starts speaking and can't say anything really coherent.

It's called politics, Shall we go back and look at what Democrats said about certain issues? Like gay marriage, illegal immigrants, and others.

Feel free to do that. And I'm sure there are many discrepancies in their quotes. But the fact is this, none of them are the President. Trump is. And as such, he should be held to a higher level of accountability. Just as a coach gets the credit and blame when his team under performs, so should the President when his (or her) country is going well or is in a tough spot. That's the nature of that job. It baffles me that many on here chastise Muschamp for not taking full responsibility for his team's performance last year and only saying the same rhetoric over and over (practice harder, evaluate tape, ect.) But when the President does that very thing, with much higher stakes at risk, it's just normal political talk.

I don’t know anyone that has it.

Many of my customers are nursing facilities and they are very nervous about it as you would expect. But they have to be.

I have a coworker that has been sick with a lot of coughing. He thinks it’s allergies but he’s not sure. He hasn’t received a test. It hasn’t been available in his area. Up until a week or so ago he was visiting s lot of healthcare facilities. So he’s a biit nervous.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Good buddy of mine is quarantined right now to his home. Problem is he has all the symptoms, but there aren’t any tests available for him. Tested negative for the flu so he’s just waiting it out - hopefully in non-lethal sickness.

I posted in another thread that my best friends wife works at the “assisted living facility “ in the news yesterday

Yes..I have someone 4 houses down from me that is recuperating at home from CV19. They came in from UK last week, was tested and confirmed within 24 hours. Just got word that they are up and doing much better. Basically sick for 4.5 to 5 days. Less than the seasonal flu. The whole family is under a Quarantine order..I live in South Charlotte.

Last edited:

Many of my customers are nursing facilities and they are very nervous about it as you would expect. But they have to be.

I have a coworker that has been sick with a lot of coughing. He thinks it’s allergies but he’s not sure. He hasn’t received a test. It hasn’t been available in his area. Up until a week or so ago he was visiting s lot of healthcare facilities. So he’s a biit nervous.

I just got a text from my wife that my friend’s wife is now told to stay home until further notice.she works at the nursing home that got in the news the other day.she also said another patient has it but isn’t supposed to say nothing/anything..

99.995% of active US coronavirus cases are classified as mild. 2,200 current active cases of which 10 are classified as Serious or Critical. ‪ https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
That is completely wrong... Not only is your math wrong on what you tried to figure (as pointed out anove)... but what of the 69 deaths? I would say they count as “severe” right? So that makes like 79 severe cases... which is a little north of 2% if the figures were right for total number of cases- which we know that figure to be wrong because the vast majority of people who have it have not been tested... So the math is irrelevant at this point. You cannot determine scale on an issue like this until it has passed and we look back at final numbers. Let’s hope we get to do that math real soon.

Reactions: DaddyRooster

I just got a text from my wife that my friend’s wife is now told to stay home until further notice.she works at the nursing home that got in the news the other day.she also said another patient has it but isn’t supposed to say nothing/anything..

What nursing home was that?

That is completely wrong... Not only is your math wrong on what you tried to figure (as pointed out anove)... but what of the 69 deaths? I would say they count as “severe” right? So that makes like 79 severe cases... which is a little north of 2% if the figures were right for total number of cases- which we know that figure to be wrong because the vast majority of people who have it have not been tested... So the math is irrelevant at this point. You cannot determine scale on an issue like this until it has passed and we look back at final numbers. Let’s hope we get to do that math real soon.
The current ACTIVE cases in the US are 3,660 of which 3,650 are classified as mild, 10 are considered severe to critical which is 99.73%. Closed cases total 142 (73 Recovered and 69 Died).

The current ACTIVE cases in the US are 3,660 of which 3,650 are classified as mild, 10 are considered severe to critical which is 99.73%. Closed cases total 142 (73 Recovered and 69 Died).
Again though that number means nothing...using only active cases in this equation gives you no understand of the severity when you are excluding the 69 people who died. I mean if it makes you feel better to lie to yourself... OK... but if you want to represent figures accurately you need to include the dead, use that against the TOTAL cases and you get a slightly more accurate telling... You are still however disregarding multiple variables like the subjectivity of “mild” vs “severe”. What is mild to one person may kill someone else... Also, how often does a cold/flu/illness of any sort start out seeming mild and get worse.. OFTEN. So these initially reported mild cases could become worse over time... and then there is a question of just how accurate is this data? Beyond the problems reported with us not having enough test kits to have even a reasonable estimate of how many are infected, there are also quite a few reports that many deaths originally attributed to the flu in the US this year may have been COVID. Again, the lack of testing makes that impossible to model for. While I see what you are doing- clinging to the one number from that page that looked encouraging, and trying to bolster your opinion extrapolating some broad implication from it... I don’t think your figures tell an impactful tale at this point.

We all know the number of severe cases is pretty low... but we also know that this thing spreads fast and if left alone, it could infect millions and millions of people... in which case even a 2% death rate means that hundreds of thousands or millions could die. This leaves us with two options- go the “herd immunity” route like the Uk... Basically, let it infect as many as possible in the hopes your population that survives is immune to a potentially worse breakout if it should occur again... Or try to limit exposure as much as possible until we develop vaccines and drugs that can fight it. I don’t know about ya’ll but I am personally glad our government has chosen the second option. If I lived in the UK right now I would be trying to get TF out!

My sister works at a hospital in South Carolina. They had a patient with lung problems due to a virus that died over the weekend. They tested him but have not received the results yet. I was told this info Sunday night on the phone.

Also, go look at China on that page... 33% of currently active cases are listed as severe... of the closed cases, 5% died. What does that tell us? Absolutely nothing. Nobody has confidence in their reporting. They are prone to lie about anything to make their country look good, and to bolster the president in power’s grip on that power... Sounds a lot like a country who restricted who could get tested and tried to deny entry from our own citizens who were sick just to keep our totals down...

Reactions: Lakecock1
Also, go look at China on that page... 33% of currently active cases are listed as severe... of the closed cases, 5% died. What does that tell us? Absolutely nothing. Nobody has confidence in their reporting. They are prone to lie about anything to make their country look good, and to bolster the president in power’s grip on that power... Sounds a lot like a country who restricted who could get tested and tried to deny entry from our own citizens who were sick just to keep our totals down...

ordvits-mao-lmao.jpg

Reactions: Chanticleer37
Again though that number means nothing...using only active cases in this equation gives you no understand of the severity when you are excluding the 69 people who died. I mean if it makes you feel better to lie to yourself... OK... but if you want to represent figures accurately you need to include the dead, use that against the TOTAL cases and you get a slightly more accurate telling... You are still however disregarding multiple variables like the subjectivity of “mild” vs “severe”. What is mild to one person may kill someone else... Also, how often does a cold/flu/illness of any sort start out seeming mild and get worse.. OFTEN. So these initially reported mild cases could become worse over time... and then there is a question of just how accurate is this data? Beyond the problems reported with us not having enough test kits to have even a reasonable estimate of how many are infected, there are also quite a few reports that many deaths originally attributed to the flu in the US this year may have been COVID. Again, the lack of testing makes that impossible to model for. While I see what you are doing- clinging to the one number from that page that looked encouraging, and trying to bolster your opinion extrapolating some broad implication from it... I don’t think your figures tell an impactful tale at this point.

We all know the number of severe cases is pretty low... but we also know that this thing spreads fast and if left alone, it could infect millions and millions of people... in which case even a 2% death rate means that hundreds of thousands or millions could die. This leaves us with two options- go the “herd immunity” route like the Uk... Basically, let it infect as many as possible in the hopes your population that survives is immune to a potentially worse breakout if it should occur again... Or try to limit exposure as much as possible until we develop vaccines and drugs that can fight it. I don’t know about ya’ll but I am personally glad our government has chosen the second option. If I lived in the UK right now I would be trying to get TF out!

You are the one who is reading a lot into the stats I referenced. These aren't my stats this is how the website breaks them down (Active vs Closed Cases) and they have stats for other countries as well. If you have a website with better stats that you prefer then please share them, otherwise stop trying to read my mind you aren't qualified.

Reactions: Expro19
You are the one who is reading a lot into the stats I referenced. These aren't my stats this is how the website breaks them down (Active vs Closed Cases) and they have stats for other countries as well. If you have a website with better stats that you prefer then please share them, otherwise stop trying to read my mind you aren't qualified.
I wasn’t reading your mind I was reading your posts. I am most certainly qualified to do that. If you don’t want people responding to them then why are you posting?

I wasn’t reading your mind I was reading your posts. I am most certainly qualified to do that. If you don’t want people responding to them then why are you posting?

I do not mind responses that are fair, but I do mind having my posts mis-characterized. You most certainly were reading into my post and I would appreciate you refrain from doing so. Since you don't seem to comprehend what I mean, I have referenced two examples from your post.

"I mean if it makes you feel better to lie to yourself... OK... but if you want to represent figures accurately you need to include the dead, use that against the TOTAL cases and you get a slightly more accurate telling"
"While I see what you are doing- clinging to the one number from that page that looked encouraging, and trying to bolster your opinion extrapolating some broad implication from it... I don’t think your figures tell an impactful tale at this point."

Again this is not MY data this is the way the website represented the data. Obviously you don't appreciate the stats referenced, which is completely your right.

Reactions: Expro19
Curious to see folks post here as it happens.

As of right now I do not know of anyone, either personally or indirectly.
Well, since I started coughing Friday night, and since its worsened each day/night since, and since I just got off the phone w/ MUSC, I gotta go do the test thingy sometime this afternoon. I guess I'll know more within the next "24 to 48 Hours" post the actual test time!

I'll keep y'all posted. Honestly, I don't think I got it! But then again, where this coughing and runny nose stuff popped-up from I haven't the slightest. Because I've been in and out of Lanc. county several times in the last week just to keep Mom "checked on", well MUSC thinks it prudent that I do the test thingy. Like I said, I'll keep ya posted!!

Well, since I started coughing Friday night, and since its worsened each day/night since, and since I just got off the phone w/ MUSC, I gotta go do the test thingy sometime this afternoon. I guess I'll know more within the next "24 to 48 Hours" post the actual test time!

I'll keep y'all posted. Honestly, I don't think I got it! But then again, where this coughing and runny nose stuff popped-up from I haven't the slightest. Because I've been in and out of Lanc. county several times in the last week just to keep Mom "checked on", well MUSC thinks it prudent that I do the test thingy. Like I said, I'll keep ya posted!!

I hope it turns out okay. I'm interested in the details of the testing. Location, procedure...anything you want to share. Please let us know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT