ADVERTISEMENT

Do you Pull For SEC always??

Do you pull For ALL SEC teams when they Play teams from other Conferences??

• Yes

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • NO

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • (And for you WISHYWASHY) Sometimes

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters
Do you live in Georgia? Ex-wife a Bulldog or something? Those are the only possible explanations I could understand?
Bad experiences with UGA fans many times. More of them than any other fan base I've ever seen. Plus I went to school at Clemson for civil engineering so I probably don't hate them quite as much as most on here do. When just on campus they weren't bad. I wore my USC hats and shirts all the time to class and everywhere else and hardly caught any flack for it.

Reactions: Carolina4
How's the strength of the SEC helped SC in the last 26 years

How's Alabama winning 6 national championships helping Georgia , Florida , tenn . LSU , Tex. AM ... All were looking for new coaches the last 2 years
We have a lot of nice and shiny facilities now and ones that we are building that we would not have if it wasn't for SEC money from them winning all those championships. SEC has allowed us to bring in more money than Pickens U, even with their CFP runs...that matters when building a program. You can't make the argument the last 26 years really, the SEC has only been dominant the last 15 or so, and our program has come a long way in the last 15 years.

correct..
if it helped other teams in the SEC when Bama won 6 championships, then why was LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida, Tenn, ..all looking for new coaches the last few years
Because we were tired of winning just 10 games a year.

Unless they are playing Clemson, pulling for someone else in the SEC has never made a bit of sense to me. The better they do, the better they should be able to recruit. That only hurts USC.

Alabama pulling for auburn would be like us pulling for CleMson.

I have been to CleMson games with friends and if it is an acc vs sec game on at someone’s tailgate they always pull for their conference. I see the same thing at our games. Except for maybe Tennessee I think we want Tennessee to lose every game
The ONLY reason I would ever pull for FreeShoesU, UNCheat, Miami etc would be to improve our strength of schedule. Completely self serving. Otherwise I would take great joy in seeing each of them run into the ground. I pulled for Bama last year against FSU and enjoyed every second of the beat down (we are lucky to be in a situation where the ACC can be trash and we will get the benefit of the doubt, for now at least. We did lose to Syr last year after all and still made the CFP) . So if I do pull for the ACC its ONLY if it benefits my team. I suspect (and it seems most on here agree) the same is true for USC fans.

well now we have a larger sample size, i am surprised.. I would have thought more Pull for the SEC... Lets take my ¨current¨ sport, lol, or when I played basketball, I will try and beat my brothers as badly as I can, but when they pay anyone outside my Family, well i hope they beat the CRAP out of them..

Being in the SEC is only as valuable as the SEC brand is valuable. Some of y'all need to consider the implications of that when we play OOC games.
True, that's why my "it takes an amazing extenuating circumstance" is limited to Florida, Auburn and Tennessee. Admittedly I pull for y'all when you play Clemson.

Reactions: king ward
well now we have a larger sample size, i am surprised.. I would have thought more Pull for the SEC... Lets take my ¨current¨ sport, lol, or when I played basketball, I will try and beat my brothers as badly as I can, but when they pay anyone outside my Family, well i hope they beat the CRAP out of them..

I completely get that, loved beating family in competition & pulling for them in their success.

The SEC, ACC etc.... are not family ( maybe distant cousins if you roll that way). I do take in consideration where it may benefit the Cocks, but it certain instances that’s not a very strong factor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT