ADVERTISEMENT

Don Shula dies at 90.

I had read a biography of Coach Shula about six months ago. He was very successful with the Colts and Dolphins , but he never completely got over losing to the Jets and Joe Namath in a huge Super Bowl upset. To make matters worse, Caroll Rosenbloom, owner of the Colts, never forgave him.

I had read a biography of Coach Shula about six months ago. He was very successful with the Colts and Dolphins , but he never completely got over losing to the Jets and Joe Namath in a huge Super Bowl upset. To make matters worse, Caroll Rosenbloom, owner of the Colts, never forgave him.
When the Baltimore Colts left in the night the way they did, I no longer had an NFL team to pull for. But that was Bob Irsay who engineered that departure.

When the Baltimore Colts left in the night the way they did, I no longer had an NFL team to pull for. But that was Bob Irsay who engineered that departure.

Different subject, well point rather, in regards to the Colts, but do y'all recall Bert Jones and the 77 Colts??

At the time I was at the ripe old age of 10, and I played pop-warner football for the Colts!! Me and the rest of our team became Baltimore Colts fans (I wore #7 on our pop-warner team; hence ol' Bert Jones and I had a lil' in common back then!!) and were rootin' for Bert and Lydell Mitchell, etc., to make it to the Super Bowl!!! They lost in the playoffs to Da' Raidahs, along w/ ol' Ken Stabler!!

Da Raiders went on to beat the vikings in the 77 Super Bowl, and to this day 1977 was my personal favorite year in regards to The NFL!!

Anyway, just thought I'd mention what I did therein above! Y'all be good now, ya hear!! =;-p

I'm such a baby cause the Dolphins always make me cry. Dolphins WERE my team growing up. Marino was my favorite qb.

Yo, if that upsets you, maybe you oughta shoot a man named Gray, take his wife to Italy.
When she inherit's Gray's million bucks, and then she dies, it'll come to you!!

Just sayin'!! =;-p

My dad was a Dolphins fan. Always talked about Griese, Mercury, Csonka, Warfield and the No-Name Defense. Good memories of good stories. RIP Coach Shula.
Csonka was a beast, a bruising running back who often played hurt. I was disappointed when he went to the new league at the time, I think it was the World Football League. Jim Kick was also good but he was somewhat of a rebel but he

Been a lifelong Phins Phan and Shula was the Greatest NFL Coach who was hard nosed but who always did it the right way and didn't have to cheat or compromise his integrity in order to win. Dolphins franchise struggled before he arrived in Miami and has struggled ever since he left and will never be another one like him, he leaves behind a Perfect Legacy.

Reactions: pisgah
Different subject, well point rather, in regards to the Colts, but do y'all recall Bert Jones and the 77 Colts??

At the time I was at the ripe old age of 10, and I played pop-warner football for the Colts!! Me and the rest of our team became Baltimore Colts fans (I wore #7 on our pop-warner team; hence ol' Bert Jones and I had a lil' in common back then!!) and were rootin' for Bert and Lydell Mitchell, etc., to make it to the Super Bowl!!! They lost in the playoffs to Da' Raidahs, along w/ ol' Ken Stabler!!

Da Raiders went on to beat the vikings in the 77 Super Bowl, and to this day 1977 was my personal favorite year in regards to The NFL!!

Anyway, just thought I'd mention what I did therein above! Y'all be good now, ya hear!! =;-p
Bert Jones was a suitable successor to Johnny Unitas, who was hard to replace. But like Y.A. Tittle, Johnny played a year or two too long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT