ADVERTISEMENT

Donta Scott

ansoncock

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2001
It appears that basketball player Donta Scott, 6'6' SF From Imhotep in (or near) Philadelphia may be considering playing for Coach Frank Martin. If so, I think it will be great for Donta. He will get some great coaching in a quality program. He is a talented player. Hope it works out for him and us!

I'll admit, I am a diehard Gamecock BB fan and am looking for news.

We should be able to hang with Alabama or Arkansas anyway.
Arkansas...are you serious? They have Championships out there and support the heck out of their team. I'll agree with Bama but let's not downplay the NBA coach effect is having on their team.

Arkansas...are you serious?..I'll agree with Bama but let's not downplay the NBA coach effect is having on their team.
Yes. Arkansas went into eclipse for a long time after the the Nolan Richardson years. They haven't been past the second round of the Dance since the 1996 Sweet 16 team. Heath and Pelfrey combined to make the Dance a few times but didn't advance very far, never beyond the second round. They went five years between 2008 and 2014 without going to the postseason at all. Now they appear to be resurgent under Mike Anderson, entering his seventh year. He has Danced three times (the second round has been the ceiling) and been to the NIT once. The last couple of years they have won 26 and 23 games while Dancing twice, but not beyond the second round. So, while their historical success has been impressive, they experienced a five-year lull until recently and have never approached the success of the Richardson years. But the current arc of their program appears to be superior to ours. They are moving back past us after getting behind briefly with Martin coaching us. But we seem to have recently swooned while they have gained traction. I do agree with you about their fan support. It is impressive for such an isolated place.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Yes. Arkansas went into eclipse for a long time after the the Nolan Richardson years. They haven't been past the second round of the Dance since the 1996 Sweet 16 team. Heath and Pelfrey combined to make the Dance a few times but didn't advance very far, never beyond the second round. They went five years between 2008 and 2014 without going to the postseason at all. Now they appear to be resurgent under Mike Anderson, entering his seventh year. He has Danced three times (the second round has been the ceiling) and been to the NIT once. The last couple of years they have won 26 and 23 games while Dancing twice, but not beyond the second round. So, while their historical success has been impressive, they experienced a five-year lull until recently and have never approached the success of the Richardson years. But the current arc of their program appears to be superior to ours. They are moving back past us after getting behind briefly with Martin coaching us. But we seem to have recently swooned while they have gained traction. I do agree with you about their fan support. It is impressive for such an isolated place.
How many times have we ever made the tournament? Tulsa has more Elite 8s than us lol

They support all of their sports teams...honestly they have the best fans I have ever seen.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT