ADVERTISEMENT

Doty Done for the Season

We seriously need to bring in a couple transfer QB’s for next season. There is absolutely zero experience behind Noland now.

Reactions: Jbouton2
That is exactly what I thought He couldn't cut and had to be careful planting that foot to throw and it just kept him from being the quarterback I think he is going to be. Might as well get it over with now. He may be able to get a medical redshirt due to only playing in 5 games. Don't know the exact rule though.

Reactions: TAV31 and reeves819
The kid played through a foot injury to give his team a chance. A lot of negative posters about this kid. Self reflection is necessary for those that told this kid to move to WR. First year end of story.

Gamecocks QB Luke Doty done for season after foot injury
Do you feel the same way if a coach knowingly put this kid in harms way?

He’s a Gamecock. He’s earned our support. I’ll be the first to admit most here do not know what’s going on behind closed doors.

Having said that I really didn’t see a play in any game this year where he got re injured. So it begs the question, was it right to put Doty out there if he was playing on an injured foot to begin with?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Says a lot that they kept trotting him out there less than 100%.

of course they did… That’s your hope and dreams to get rid of Beamer, if not.. Take another shot at him.

I’m sure they asked Doty how’s his foot was doing and I’m sure he said fine.. All you need to do is step on it wrong and tweak it and that’s enough to do some damage..

Do you feel the same way if a coach knowingly put this kid in harms way?

He’s a Gamecock. He’s earned our support. I’ll be the first to admit most here do not know what’s going on behind closed doors.

Having said that I really didn’t see a play in any game this year where he got re injured. So it begs the question, was it right to put Doty out there if he was playing on an injured foot to begin with?

It says he re-injured it in the second quarter against Vandy.

Reactions: TAV31
It says he re-injured it in the second quarter against Vandy.

Do you remember the play? Usually a season ending injury is going to stick out on game film.

My gut feeling is this was a player that already had a season ending injury. Gutted it out for his team, realizing it was already hurt and couldn’t be re injured.

I coached a kid that went to Carolina and played 3/4 of a season on a bad knee. He was ripped to shreds on this forum about his play. All the while I knew he was out there competing for the last year on a bum knee bc his team needed him. Trust me this happens more than you know.

Do you remember the play? Usually a season ending injury is going to stick out on game film.

My gut feeling is this was a player that already had a season ending injury. Gutted it out for his team, realizing it was already hurt and couldn’t be re injured.

I coached a kid that went to Carolina and played 3/4 of a season on a bad knee. He was ripped to shreds on this forum about his play. All the while I knew he was out there competing for the last year on a bum knee bc his team needed him. Trust me this happens more than you know.
Bingo. One of our stars from the SOS years worked for me. He played about 3/4th of a season with a broke foot. To this day the public doesn't know about it.

I do remember a play where he scrambled to the sideline and kinda hopped on it funny after he stopped. I'll see if I can find it. I thought at the time it looked funny, but he trotted a little afterwards and seemed to look ok.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Bingo. One of our stars from the SOS years worked for me. He played about 3/4th of a season with a broke foot. To this day the public doesn't know about it.
To me this ought to be public knowledge if true for a couple of reasons:

1. Fans should know if Doty did in fact play on a broke foot. There’s no risk of reinjuring it now, but it would be good to know just so the fans can give this guy the proper respect that playing injured deserves.

2. If it is true Doty played on a broken foot until we could go back to Zeb, that lets the fan base know they can put down the pipe dream of clamoring for anyone behind these two.

3. A little open and honest communication between the coach and fan base go a long way. People are going to find out in most cases anyway. If the general public finds out sooner than the coach gives the information out, it leads most people to lose credibility in their coach.

Fans aren't owed anything about a player's injuries. The player should decide if information is release and who should know. In fact, Vandy hid their QB's injury to their benefit. We prepared for one type of QB and had to face another one.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Fans aren't owed anything about a player's injuries. The player should decide if information is release and who should know. In fact, Vandy hid their QB's injury to their benefit. We prepared for one type of QB and had to face another one.
So if your stance is not to be honest with your supporters, don’t expect them to be loyal in their support. The media is how coaches communicate to their fans.

I get gamesmanship of hiding an injury for a game. Doty has been announced as out for the season, so there is no tactical advantage to be gained from not communicating at this point.

With the thinking of half of you we would never have played Taneyhill. Doty was ineffective and honestly bad last Saturday after the first few series and should have been pulled for the second half. Turns out he was bad because of injury.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
So if your stance is not to be honest with your supporters, don’t expect them to be loyal in their support. The media is how coaches communicate to their fans.

I get gamesmanship of hiding an injury for a game. Doty has been announced as out for the season, so there is no tactical advantage to be gained from not communicating at this point.

It's not dishonest to not tell you something that is none of your business.

The kid played through a foot injury to give his team a chance. A lot of negative posters about this kid. Self reflection is necessary for those that told this kid to move to WR. First year end of story.

Gamecocks QB Luke Doty done for season after foot injury
People were only negative about his INTs. Good lord, nobody wants him hurt. Speedy recovery young man.

To me this ought to be public knowledge if true for a couple of reasons:

1. Fans should know if Doty did in fact play on a broke foot. There’s no risk of reinjuring it now, but it would be good to know just so the fans can give this guy the proper respect that playing injured deserves.

2. If it is true Doty played on a broken foot until we could go back to Zeb, that lets the fan base know they can put down the pipe dream of clamoring for anyone behind these two.

3. A little open and honest communication between the coach and fan base go a long way. People are going to find out in most cases anyway. If the general public finds out sooner than the coach gives the information out, it leads most people to lose credibility in their coach.
What in the world gave you the idea he had a broken foot?

They’ve reported from the beginning what his injury was. Now you’re whining about people losing credibility in the coach.

Please stop trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT