ADVERTISEMENT

Doty Done for the Season

He told you today at the press conference. What are you complaining about?
Not complaining about anything. The coaching staff should be open about Dotys injury status. If a kid went out there and laid it on the line with a broken foot, it should be told to the public that this kid gutted it out for his team.

My eyes tell me he has been hurt much longer than the Vandy game. In addition, if you think he was hurt in the second quarter, then it’s a completely fair question to ask why he continued to play almost two full quarters on a season ending injury.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
My two cents- The goal here is to get Doty back 100% by the Spring Game. His game thus far has been ineffective primarily due to taking away the pass/run option. He is a competitor and I suspect it eats him up not going fill speed in leading the charge. With the re-injury, it makes the most sense and the right choice to go ahead and get this fixed now in time for spring (only five months away)

Not complaining about anything. The coaching staff should be open about Dotys injury status. If a kid went out there and laid it on the line with a broken foot, it should be told to the public that this kid gutted it out for his team.

My eyes tell me he has been hurt much longer than the Vandy game. In addition, if you think he was hurt in the second quarter, then it’s a completely fair question to ask why he continued to play almost two full quarters on a season ending injury.

It could be a ligament issue, not a broken foot. Just because he decided to shut it down and have surgery doesn't mean that he was putting a play at risk.

Seems like some of you are looking for everything and anything to club Beamer over the head with.

What gave you the impression Doty was healthy at any point this season?
I never said he was. To me he hasn’t looked 100%, and I’ve opined that some of his issues throwing may be due to his foot.

You’re the one who keeps repeatedly yakking about a broken foot when it’s been reported from the beginning what his injury was.

The MD’s cleared him to play. They wrapped it for support, he tried playing through the pain. Very few college players get through a season without something dinged up. Connor Shaw played with a cracked scapula. Lots of guys play brought sprained ankles, Ryan Brewer was a hero against OSU with a bad high ankle sprain.

Reactions: The Gadfly
At no point did he look like he was "at risk". Not 100% doesn't translate to at risk. Lots of players aren't 100% every game.

You’re the one who keeps repeatedly yakking about a broken foot when it’s been reported from the beginning what his injury was.

Please provide an article or quote where it says exactly what the injury is. At this point other than “it’s his foot” I haven’t heard squat.

At no point did he look like he was "at risk". Not 100% doesn't translate to at risk. Lots of players aren't 100% every game.
I agree that rarely are players 100%, especially on a team that hasn’t had a bye yet.

I disagree that a QB with mobility issues wouldn’t be at risk trying to play, especially behind our already poor offensive line.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It could be a ligament issue, not a broken foot. Just because he decided to shut it down and have surgery doesn't mean that he was putting a play at risk.

Seems like some of you are looking for everything and anything to club Beamer over the head with.

Do you have any other post where I have been negative about our coach? Withholding information about the health of a player deserves criticism. Especially if the decision was made to play that injured player for two quarters after a season ending injury occurred.

I think Beamer has done a great job maximizing wins with minimal talent on the roster. There’s only one game he could have won (Kentucky) that he hasn’t so far. Kentucky is more talented than we are but we had a chance to win that game. It hasn’t been pretty but he’s done a good job.

Playing a player that has suffered a season ending injury after the fact deserves criticism regardless of performance.

Do you have any other post where I have been negative about our coach? Withholding information about the health of a player deserves criticism. Especially if the decision was made to play that injured player for two quarters after a season ending injury occurred.

I think Beamer has done a great job maximizing wins with minimal talent on the roster. There’s only one game he could have won (Kentucky) that he hasn’t so far. Kentucky is more talented than we are but we had a chance to win that game. It hasn’t been pretty but he’s done a good job.

Playing a player that has suffered a season ending injury after the fact deserves criticism regardless of performance.
He was cleared to play by the medical staff. The coach does not make that decision.

He was cleared to play by the medical staff. The coach does not make that decision.
Exactly and maybe the medical staff should be questioned. Maybe Beamer is not the one that should be questioned.

Maybe it’s nothing but again a guy that was injured in the second quarter (supposedly) played in the third and fourth quarter and then we are told he’s out for the season.

My point is this SHOULD be questioned about when the injury occurred and why the decision was made to let Doty continue playing after sustaining the season ending injury.

Exactly and maybe the medical staff should be questioned. Maybe Beamer is not the one that should be questioned.

Maybe it’s nothing but again a guy that was injured in the second quarter (supposedly) played in the third and fourth quarter and then we are told he’s out for the season.

My point is this SHOULD be questioned about when the injury occurred and why the decision was made to let Doty continue playing after sustaining the season ending injury.

They might not have known it was "season ending" until examining it after the game.

To me this ought to be public knowledge if true for a couple of reasons:

1. Fans should know if Doty did in fact play on a broke foot. There’s no risk of reinjuring it now, but it would be good to know just so the fans can give this guy the proper respect that playing injured deserves.

2. If it is true Doty played on a broken foot until we could go back to Zeb, that lets the fan base know they can put down the pipe dream of clamoring for anyone behind these two.

3. A little open and honest communication between the coach and fan base go a long way. People are going to find out in most cases anyway. If the general public finds out sooner than the coach gives the information out, it leads most people to lose credibility in their coach.
You need to put down the pipe alright. Jeez

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Withholding information about the health of a player deserves criticism. Especially if the decision was made to play that injured player for two quarters after a season ending injury occurred.

A sprained foot hurts. He was cleared by a MD to play.

Shaw played with a cracked scapula. He came off the bench with a sprained knee to beat Missouri. Most of these guys are dinged up, we have at least 4 guys right now playing with sprained ankles. When Spurrier was here we had several guys playing with a sprained foot. He’s going to be out, instead of waiting to see how quick it heals it makes sense to surgically repair it now, get him a head start on next year.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
They might not have known it was "season ending" until examining it after the game.
That’s not a good defense for playing an injured player. Coaches and medical staffs should err on the side of caution when potentially dealing with a season ending injury.

I like the coaches being forthcoming about the injury, but after they shut him down.

I can easily understand withholding injury information while the player is still playing. That's common.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
That’s not a good defense for playing an injured player. Coaches and medical staffs should err on the side of caution when potentially dealing with a season ending injury.

"Season ending" is not the benchmark. That can be by choice or by necessity. He may still be able to play safely now, but just chooses to go ahead and fix the issue due to discomfort or recovery timeline.

Reactions: chief2791

Maybe he said nothing until AFTER the game. Are our coaches now supposed to be mindreaders?

Everyone knows this poster is a troll
of course they did… That’s your hope and dreams to get rid of Beamer, if not.. Take another shot at him.

I’m sure they asked Doty how’s his foot was doing and I’m sure he said fine.. All you need to do is step on it wrong and tweak it and that’s enough to do some damage..
Everyone knows this poster is a troll. Don’t let him reel you in

Everyone knows this poster is a troll

Everyone knows this poster is a troll. Don’t let him reel you in
d99454ecd37d214296091b98de896aef

I wish Doty the best on getting back to 100%. I am in the camp that thinks he can still be a good QB. But the kid is a great athlete and has other options if QB doesn’t work out. He does need to show it early next year or he probably should look at the position change.

Reactions: cockofdawn
As opposed to assuming he told the coaches and they sent him out there anyway?

Never stated that he told a coach anything. A coach should be able to tell if their player is injured or not. A medical trainer should be able to tell if a player is hurt or injured. Nothing wrong with playing hurt. Everything wrong with playing injured, especially season ending style.

Never stated that he told a coach anything. A coach should be able to tell if their player is injured or not. A medical trainer should be able to tell if a player is hurt or injured. Nothing wrong with playing hurt. Everything wrong with playing injured, especially season ending style.
But you are assuming the second scenario is what happened without any evidence

But you are assuming the second scenario is what happened without any evidence
I am stating that questions should be asked. The information coming out seems to be very limited.

Like I stated earlier in the thread I have personal knowledge of an athlete playing through an injury for a carolina coach (not Beamer) that was told if he played through injury he would likely not be able to play again. Player played through the injury. He never suited up again after seasons end.

Players can make these emotional decisions, but sometimes medical staff need to intervene on behalf of the player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT