ADVERTISEMENT

Early odds have Gamecocks as 23.5 point underdog

Their closest spread is -21 against #10 A&M. Vegas counting on them to kick some arse this year.

That is high but I wouldn’t touch it. Haven’t seen a reason to think we can legitimately compete with them.

On golden Nugget they are -17.5 against A&m, -18 against Syracuse,

So you are telling me there is a chance?

350_zpsrhh9iokw.png

Wouldn't touch any of it. Save your money and your sanity. Last season was lousy and closed with an inexplicable shutout. Much to prove. If anything, would dollar cost average across all games - betting the against the spreads at this point. The trend is your friend.

Well that does it! The oddsmakers have spoken. No need to play the game! Just mail it in!

I am not on any pre-season bandwagon, I will wait and see how it goes this year. However, at home against the taters they will likely only beat us by 10 to 14 points. I would take those points.

Bama, on the other hand, will likely kill us at home. Third game of the season, Bama has played Dook and NMSU, we never have it together the first few games. Usually we play a lot of crap teams close early, then UGA kills us. Now Bama will kill us.

Funny how the betting line is close, more often than not. If we could add a play maker RB to our roster before the season starts, those early lines could be worthless. o_O

Defense is your major issue: 95th in rushing, 65th in passing, 69th in scoring, 84th in total defense for last year. The defense should be much better this year but could wind up in a similar place statistically because of having to play Alabama.

Reactions: redrogers
Defense is your major issue: 95th in rushing, 65th in passing, 69th in scoring, 84th in total defense for last year. The defense should be much better this year but could wind up in a similar place statistically because of having to play Alabama.

I may agree with that if our offense had as may injuries as our defense or a similar lack of depth.

Our passing game was ranked #28, our rushing #81. Pretty big difference.

Reactions: Proudcock
I may agree with that if our offense had as may injuries as our defense or a similar lack of depth.

Our passing game was ranked #28, our rushing #81. Pretty big difference.

That was good for 43rd in total offense, way better than a couple years ago. Usually a decent coach can produce a similar defense with average talent, but it looked to me like team chemistry problems-players not knowing their jobs. Especially your bowl game.

Clemson scored a late TD to win by 21.
If there was another 30sec on the clock, we would have scored again. It was a 14 point game. Right now I would take the points and win easily.
If there was 1 min on the clock Clemson would score again also.

Reactions: IPOC369
If there was another 30sec on the clock, we would have scored again. It was a 14 point game. Right now I would take the points and win easily.

If we wanted to win by 50, it would have happened. On offense it looked like a Super Bowl team vs. a midget league team. Our defense pretty much rested that day.

Wait, Bentley had the best game of his career and one of the best QB performances in school history with a masterful hurry up offensive gameplan that surprised the top defensive coordinator in the country (something very rarely done) and then Bentley lost his top WR and Left Tackle and you have no concern about South Carolina covering 23.5?

Bama couldn't even cover 23.5 and most people expect the Clemson offense to be even better this year and their secondary might actually be a strength. You know the D line and LB will reload as Venebales has proven time and time again. South Carolina might cover 23.5, but on paper there is no reason to be confident about it.

Now if you just have a feeling that Bentley is going to have a new career/school best game against them and not regress to the mean, then by all means, bett away!!!

If we wanted to win by 50, it would have happened. On offense it looked like a Super Bowl team vs. a midget league team. Our defense pretty much rested that day.
You mean kinda like you did against Texas A&M and Syracuse last year? Surely you guys were just messing around when you nearly lost those games. I'm sure y'all could've won by a hundred if y'all really wanted to.

I mean gosh. Clemson is like the best team like EVER. They would have beaten da '85 Bears with Dabo at quarterback with one leg tied behind his back.

Last edited:
You mean kinda like you did against Texas A&M and Syracuse last year? Surely you guys were just messing around when you nearly lost those games. I'm sure y'all could've won by a hundred if y'all really wanted to.

Not sure what that has to do with the Clemson vs South Carolina games, but Kelly Bryant played most of the Texas A&M game and TA&M caught every miracle jump ball and tipped ball imaginable. Syracuse? Trevor Lawrence's first start where he got knocked out and backup Chase Brice had to win the game? Come on man! Yes, if Lawrence does not play then I think South Carolina can cover the spread. Is that what you are betting on?

Reactions: FJRTiger

I mean gosh. Clemson is like the best team like EVER. They would have beaten da '85 Bears with Dabo at quarterback with one leg tied behind his back.

Syracuse has a great coach and good quarterback. TAMU has a good coach and a ton of athletes. You have none of the above, and like my brother says, those were early games before Trevor was established. You may as well compare a game from 1979.

Not sure what that has to do with the Clemson vs South Carolina games, but Kelly Bryant played most of the Texas A&M game and TA&M caught every miracle jump ball and tipped ball imaginable. Syracuse? Trevor Lawrence's first start where he got knocked out and backup Chase Brice had to win the game? Come on man! Yes, if Lawrence does not play then I think South Carolina can cover the spread. Is that what you are betting on?
It took luck and some good breaks for Clemson to win those two games. I watched them both and know the scenarios.

My point is that we caught your defense off guard and had a good game plan. Give a little credit when it's due.

Their closest spread is -21 against #10 A&M. Vegas counting on them to kick some arse this year.

That is high but I wouldn’t touch it. Haven’t seen a reason to think we can legitimately compete with them.

You haven’t? Had we had an even decent defense last year, that game would have been very interesting. In other words, our offense was competitive.

LOL , yall won that's the only thing that matter. But please please spare me the tater logic.

Reactions: BigTomE
KB saved y'all's asses against TAMU. TL would've lost that game.

Wait, Bentley had the best game of his career and one of the best QB performances in school history with a masterful hurry up offensive gameplan that surprised the top defensive coordinator in the country (something very rarely done) and then Bentley lost his top WR and Left Tackle and you have no concern about South Carolina covering 23.5?

Bama couldn't even cover 23.5 and most people expect the Clemson offense to be even better this year and their secondary might actually be a strength. You know the D line and LB will reload as Venebales has proven time and time again. South Carolina might cover 23.5, but on paper there is no reason to be confident about it.

Now if you just have a feeling that Bentley is going to have a new career/school best game against them and not regress to the mean, then by all means, bett away!!!
As banged up as our defense was at the end of the season we couldn't have stopped Charleston Southern from moving up and down the field. I think most of us feel our defense will be much improved and a much better group than it was last season.

C'mon man. Bwahaha
We had over 600 yards and 35 points. Dabo had to keep putting his starters in to keep you guys comfortably ahead.
Of course it looked like a super bowl team out there against a high school team. You had a bunch of 5 stars jacked up on ostarine and we started 5 true freshman. Yet you still were running your full offense and had your starting d in late in the game because the game was much closer than expected. Win by 50 my ass. Your safeties were absolute garbage and we exploited it.

The only thing that could make a loss to Clemson worse is losing money on it. Sheesh, gambling on your own team, especially a Gamecock team, is not for the faint of heart. More power to you guys....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT