ADVERTISEMENT

Early Signing Day

I think everyone understands it. The question is, why do so many think we're gonna be so successful there.
Because immediate starting potential isn’t just a talking point with this team and guys are going to see it. It’s an easy path to potential SEC starting slot at quite a few positions.

that’s what Clem tech did in dodo’s first year. Think they only signed 12 players.

But then like 30 the next year.

The rules have changed since then and we are pretty much stuck at 25 for next year even if we only sign 12 this year.

Of course, the NCAA might loosen it up for Covid reasons. But, for right now and given that we are going to lose many players to transfer out, we need warm bodies.

But then like 30 the next year.

The rules have changed since then and we are pretty much stuck at 25 for next year even if we only sign 12 this year.

Of course, the NCAA might loosen it up for Covid reasons. But, for right now and given that we are going to lose many players to transfer out, we need warm bodies.
Also, though small, they had a lot of talent in that first class....quite a few 4-star players in it.

Just wondering but has an SEC school ever finished outside the top 100? Regardless of who the HC is in a conference like the SEC a year of recruiting like this basically gaurentees 3-4 years of enormous struggles. Beamer may very well wish to be a position coach again.

True. But at least he knows what they'll run at Georgia Southern. We still have no idea what offense we'll run.
Not funny.... You can't really believe that. Even the recruits surely know we won't run an offense like GA Southern. Also, one thing that I distinctly remember Coach Beamer saying at his press conference that he would adapt his style of play to the players he has. If he is successful at doing that, he's well on his way to being a great HC.

Derwin Burgess, a Wide Receiver who was committed to us since last July, flipped on signing day to Georgia Southern. Who runs the triple option. And never throws to receivers. I don't care if he wasn't all-world, losing 1 of the 10 guys we had committed who is a RECIEVER to a G5 school that DOESN'T THROW THE BALL is embarrassing unless Shane made it clear to him that he wasn't going to honor Muschamp's offer.
It's beyond sad at this point

Jondarius Morgan signed last night. Could still be a one or two in the next few days.

Again, I know this is hard for some to understand, but covid and the early signing period hurt this class and it was always going to be smaller for the new coach. Transfer Portal will be big, which should/could off set the lower ranked class.

This small group is solid, a starting/building point.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Looking ahead, we can sign 16 more between HS and transfers/JuCos. Now I am not a numbers expert, but as of now we have 5 open scholarships, but that number should change. The question marks IMO are the following:
Hill
Davis
Smith
Muse
Terrell
Fox (I think he will be back)
Roderick
Foster (I think he will be back, as a WO his scholarship is yearly)
Greene (I think returns)
Staley (I think returns)
Sterling (I think returns)
Eason- Riddle (same as Foster)
Ellis (I think he returns)

Jondarius Morgan signed last night. Could still be a one or two in the next few days.

Again, I know this is hard for some to understand, but covid and the early signing period hurt this class and it was always going to be smaller for the new coach. Transfer Portal will be big, which should/could off set the lower ranked class.

This small group is solid, a starting/building point.

Solid? A starting/building point? This is a disasterous class. SEC Network had USC ranked behind Vanderbilt in recruiting. VANDY! And USC isn't going to get anybody to make a real difference against anybody of relevance in the transfer portal. With the total failure of Muschamp, and now the hire of Beamer, I have reset my hopes for the program. Instead of hoping USC can catch Clemson, UGA, I now just hope that USC can eclipse CCU as the 2nd best team in the state

Solid? A starting/building point? This is a disasterous class. SEC Network had USC ranked behind Vanderbilt in recruiting. VANDY! And USC isn't going to get anybody to make a real difference against anybody of relevance in the transfer portal. With the total failure of Muschamp, and now the hire of Beamer, I have reset my hopes for the program. Instead of hoping USC can catch Clemson, UGA, I now just hope that USC can eclipse CCU as the 2nd best team in the state

Whatever you say princess.

Why is everyone suddenly banking on us killing it in the transfer portal?
I agree 21, transfer players usually transfer because they cant get on the field with their current team. Don't see how we improve and compete in the SEC by taking others teams backups but we don't have much choice this year.

He's right. Look at the 247 rankings right now. It hurts to look at. Vandy is at 48... Us, 107 behind all 3 service academies, and directly behind UMASS, Charlotte, and Eastern Michigan. This is on the AD. The fact that we allowed him to make a new hire is unfathomable.

If you look at the average star rating we are higher than them, Kentucky and Arkansas. Quantity gets you more points in the recruiting rankings. As I stated this was always going to be a smaller class. Dig deeper than just the surface numbers.

As for those questioning transfers, we have more room than most for transfers, they count toward the 25 number. Go look at the portal, tons of 4* guys looking for a chance.

If you look at the average star rating we are higher than them, Kentucky and Arkansas. Quantity gets you more points in the recruiting rankings. As I stated this was always going to be a smaller class. Dig deeper than just the surface numbers.

As for those questioning transfers, we have more room than most for transfers, they count toward the 25 number. Go look at the portal, tons of 4* guys looking for a chance.
Want to take a guess at where we are with the Rivals class rankings? It stops at 100 and we aren't anywhere listed.

I get your point about star ranking averages but we aren't talking about 5 stars here. We're talking about 2-3 stars and few of them. Beamer should have come in and offered EVERYBODY. Shoot man, we need bodies, and I'm not talking about leftovers from other programs.

Reactions: cadcock
Want to take a guess at where we are with the Rivals class rankings? It stops at 100 and we aren't anywhere listed.

I get your point about star ranking averages but we aren't talking about 5 stars here. We're talking about 2-3 stars and few of them. Beamer should have come in and offered EVERYBODY. Shoot man, we need bodies, and I'm not talking about leftovers from other programs.

Again, we only have 9 commits at this point, the rankings are based on quantity. 2-3 stars? We have 0- 2* and a 4*. And remember there were no camps this year. Barrett and Blake are both under ranked, and many recruiting gurus have said as much. This isn't NCAA football where you go and offer everyone and maybe land one or two guys.

Transfer are not always leftovers, such a short sighed comment. You think Justin Fields was a leftover? Go look at the portal, lots of talent there right now, the free transfer rule has changed the game when it comes to the portal.

Reactions: The Defender
Again, we only have 9 commits at this point, the rankings are based on quantity. 2-3 stars? We have 0- 2* and a 4*. And remember there were no camps this year. Barrett and Blake are both under ranked, and many recruiting gurus have said as much. This isn't NCAA football where you go and offer everyone and maybe land one or two guys.

Transfer are not always leftovers, such a short sighed comment. You think Justin Fields was a leftover? Go look at the portal, lots of talent there right now, the free transfer rule has changed the game when it comes to the portal.
Let me know when a Justin Fields is looking in our direction. I remember when we got a transfer portal WR from Wingate that everyone thought was going to be the next Alshon. That's much more the norm than Justin Fields.

Let me know when a Justin Fields is looking in our direction. I remember when we got a transfer portal WR from Wingate that everyone thought was going to be the next Alshon. That's much more the norm than Justin Fields.

You missed the point, but not surprised.

There is a lot of talent in the portal.

For example, looking at 4* at our positions of need you have the following:
WR- 15
S- 5
CB -7
LB- 10 including a 5*

And the portal is only going to grow once the season is fully over.

This is what everyone is ignoring. We're more likely to lose a good player than gain one in the portal.

For the most part I don't see us losing anyone one of consequence at this point. Hilinski seems to be staying, and he was the one most thought would leave.

Sanders is probably the most underrated. Please tell me he is still a commitment.

Few guys we are still looking at signing:

Keon Coleman- WR
Jordan Mosley- WR
Qus Davis- WR
Deonta Anderson- DE
Isaiah Norris- CB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT