ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Bonobos "masculine" commercial....

radcock

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Aug 2, 1998
LMAO!

Have the people in charge completely lost touch with the few of us who still watch the channel on occasion? My wife just said "WTF was that?" and she does not say WTF.

I watched ESpin2 yesterday for first time in months thinking I could catch some football news? Nope! It went from Light Sabre battles to OCHO 8 and had Sumo wrestling then something else that I didn't recognize. It kept my attention for about 48min just because I was so confused as to what happened the sports channels that I used to watch.

Haven`t watched it since CWS. I don`t watch that crap anymore except for the actual games or to try and catch highlights of great JBJ catches, other things Gamecocks have done well.

Funny how the commercial omits any stronger looking dudes...
There are different types of people and that's all good but doesn't mean we have to rewrite the dictionary
That’s because including men that are actually masculine wouldn’t help in redefining the word.

How about just be yourself and stop g.a.s. if others think you’re masculine...or what they think period!

Last edited:
So where do they get their definition?
Websters is: a. Male b. Having qualities appropriate to or USUALLY associated with a man
Oxfords: is the same
Macmillans: with qualities thought to be typical of men.
So where do they get their definition from, the scholars at Google. Their online dictionary says "Having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with men, especially strength and aggressiveness."
I think most people would agree they dont want to be characterized as aggressive, except Rod D maybe ;) Yes, I wear a pumpkin on my head, but if you dont believe that social engineering exists then you havent been paying attention for the last 30 years. Just look at all the things that were socially unacceptable that are now. You can decide if they changes were for the best or not but those changes occur through social engineering. Case in point, I would take it as a complement if someone said I was masculine. If Googles definition becomes the one generally accepted, I would not.
And holy crap I went to edit this and realize its pretty long. Sorry.

Liberals are trying to turn everyone gay-or if not gay then unisex. According to them, guys are supposed to act like women and women are supposed to act like men. Men showing masculine qualities is insulting and offensive.
No, that’s what a very small percent of the population thinks “liberals” are trying to do. What the commercial is trying to convey is that the majority of society is saying be who you want to be, there’s no need for pickup truck driving, white males to feel threatened. The one quote says it pretty darn nicely with (something like), “The definition is too narrow for something so big.”

No, that’s what a very small percent of the population thinks “liberals” are trying to do. What the commercial is trying to convey is that the majority of society is saying be who you want to be, there’s need for pickup truck driving, white males need to feel threatened. The one quote says it pretty darn nicely with (something like), “The definition is too narrow for something so big.”
"Progressive" liberals I mean. I don't own a pickup.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Didn’t realize ESPN had gotten into the commercial production business now. Has their hq moved to Madison Ave?

I suppose we all have to watch the network for football games we want to watch, but other wise I never watch them. For whatever reason they have basically turned into MSNBC that carries sports. Odd for a network where conservative, white, males should be a prime target of their audience. But all they do seems to be some kind of left wing agenda, whether commercial, or studio programming. Maybe part of the reason as to why their business model is falling apart and they are losing money by the dump truck loads. Or maybe I am just not "woke" enough to appreciate the modern day spin at ESPN

No, that’s what a very small percent of the population thinks “liberals” are trying to do. What the commercial is trying to convey is that the majority of society is saying be who you want to be, there’s no need for pickup truck driving, white males to feel threatened. The one quote says it pretty darn nicely with (something like), “The definition is too narrow for something so big.”
Disagree.. Anytime the left pushes the right for a Grown Ass man to use a little girls room, that is where they have truly gone over the edge.. Just My opinion..

This is just a symptom of the confusion being sown into world culture by Jezebel..Science and tradition established that gender is innate and sexuality is a choice. The culture is doing its best to convince the world that gender is a choice and sexuality is innate. Men must be destroyed in the process...when you understand that strategy of this spirit, all of the crazy things happening in the world today make more sense...

This is just a symptom of the confusion being sown into world culture by Jezebel..Science and tradition established that gender is innate and sexuality is a choice. The culture is doing its best to convince the world that gender is a choice and sexuality is innate. Men must be destroyed in the process...when you understand that strategy of this spirit, all of the crazy things happening in the world today make more sense...
New member, huh. Take the tin foil off. No one is trying to destroy men. The same arguments were made when black men wanted the right to vote, when women wanted the right to vote, when 18 year olds wanted the right to vote, when mixed-race couples wanted the right to marry...

When I think of the term masculine i think of a guy like Stallone, Burt Reynolds, or Tom Selleck in the 80s. Today I would probably lool at Dewayne Johnson as an example I think most out there probably have a similar type of image in their head.

If you arent that kind of guy. If you are short, fat, and a bit nerdy thats ok. Doesnt make you less of a person, but you arent mascculine and thats ok. A lot of women like nerdy guys.

Do we need to redefine "nerdy" too? I think of nerdy as someone off the Revenge of the Nerds, Screech Powers, or Erkel . Do we need to say Brock Lesner is nerdy too to make others feel ok about themsleves?

That’s the point of the commercial (in Wal-Mart’s efforts to hawk their men’s clothing line brand)- men should not be forced to fall in line with society’s definition of masculinity.

No issues with the commercial

WalMart creates different feelings for me, but I do feel slightly irritated when I have to go there, except for the fishing section

Not really...racism and sexism is a bit different than arguing against XX and XY. Look across world culture for 5000 years, not just a snapshot in U.S. history...

Reactions: tl from little hell
New member, huh. Take the tin foil off. No one is trying to destroy men. The same arguments were made when black men wanted the right to vote, when women wanted the right to vote, when 18 year olds wanted the right to vote, when mixed-race couples wanted the right to marry...
NOPE, not the same. Not allowing Black men to vote was WRONG a wrong that was finally righted.. Black, White, Red or Green, Men are men Women are women, if society was all ¨Gay¨, then you would be one generation away from extinction, Just MY OPINION..

Masculinity for for me is standing up for yourself, what is right and protecting your family. For me it also includes being physically able to lend a hand and have a skill set that is needed for those that can’t helo themselves. I was in NoDa in Charlotte last night. These were not your average red blooded Americans. They should do a 30 for 30 on the downfall of ESPN.

So being masculine is bad? Or using the adjective masculine is bad? Or do men need to be feminine? Or should we make certain words taboo in the English language? I’m confused

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT