ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Bonobos "masculine" commercial....

This is just a symptom of the confusion being sown into world culture by Jezebel..Science and tradition established that gender is innate and sexuality is a choice. The culture is doing its best to convince the world that gender is a choice and sexuality is innate. Men must be destroyed in the process...when you understand that strategy of this spirit, all of the crazy things happening in the world today make more sense...
New member, huh. Take the tin foil off. No one is trying to destroy men. The same arguments were made when black men wanted the right to vote, when women wanted the right to vote, when 18 year olds wanted the right to vote, when mixed-race couples wanted the right to marry...

ESPN has an agenda. They gave Bruce, excuse me, Caitlyn Jenner the Arthur Ashe Courage Award.

The problem is not with the definition, it is with so many who do not fit the definition being afraid that they don't so they want to change the definition so that they may be included without disparagement. To that I say this: If you are a pony, have the courage to say you're a pony. Don't say you're a horse, and then try to change the definition of horse to include small horse-like animals.

Reactions: ruffledfeathers
ESPN started their path downhill when they telecast the domino tournament in the early 90's. It's been a steady fall since then.

ESPN started their path downhill when they telecast the domino tournament in the early 90's. It's been a steady fall since then.

Was that the year there was no NHL? I recall that there a lot of poker shows to fill the gaps.

No issues with the commercial

WalMart creates different feelings for me, but I do feel slightly irritated when I have to go there, except for the fishing section
I feel irritated by the Walmart fishing department. Some of their baits are inferior quality to the same models found in outfitters' stores because they force the mfg's to make them cheaper to get an exclusive. I've had big fish take the hooks right off them. If they have what I need, they're usually out of the color I want it in. I'll always troll through there if I have to go to Walmart. But that's just to see what's in the clearance bins. I buy what I "need" from Academy or off Amazon prime.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
As s previous poster stated, Bonobos is s Wal-Mart brand. They paid ESPN to run the ad, like other commercial ads.

I did not mean to imply that ESPN had anything to do with the making of that commercial, merely that they chose to run it. There is no doubt in my mind that they are aware of how "aggressive" the majority of their viewers are (key demographic men aged 18-49).

I just thought it was odd because ESPN makes their money off aggressiveness and violence. Also, the commercial calls out alpha males, who make up most of the athletes we all cheer for and ESPN televises.

Its no biggie....had my computer opened to FGF when it came on so I posted it to see what others here thought about it. About what I expected.

I feel irritated by the Walmart fishing department. Some of their baits are inferior quality to the same models found in outfitters' stores because they force the mfg's to make them cheaper to get an exclusive. I've had big fish take the hooks right off them. If they have what I need, they're usually out of the color I want it in. I'll always troll through there if I have to go to Walmart. But that's just to see what's in the clearance bins. I buy what I "need" from Academy or off Amazon prime.

My point is that small section is the only place in the store I feel sane

Reactions: TheReelEss
This commercial just made me want to bomb China. People do not realize the cultural penetration they have made in our society...pumping out subtle messaging.

Reactions: cockyferg
Toxic masculinity is a thing. Ever wonder why so many men get in trouble for domestic abuse?

True, but they're not redefining toxic masculinity. There trying to imply that any masculinity is negative. Why redefine a word. Words have meaning, which is how language works. If we redefine all the words we know, we will eventually get to an infinite regress where the redefined words will become offensive for a new reason. It isn't the language, it's the perception and connotation

Reactions: cocky4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT