ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN ragging on SEC "Least"

johnnohj

Jul 10, 2017
near ATL
SEC East at #5 in their current bottom 10.

Cut and paste if you'd rather not give them traffic:

5. The SEC Least
How do I love an entire division in the Coveted Fifth Spot? Let me count the ways. Vandy lost to Bama by 59 points; Mizzou lost to Auburn by 37; Kentucky fell to Florida for the 31st time in a row by blowing a 13-point, fourth-quarter lead. Then Florida had nine players tagged in a fraud case. And the team that had just lost to Kentucky last week, South Carolina, had to kick a late field goal to win 17-16 over Louisiana Tech, a team that came in the day ranked 94th in the nation in points allowed. Am I missing anyone? Oh yeah, Tennessee message boards have been filled with eleventy-billion #FireButch complaints after being in this spot solo last week and then narrowly escaping UMass. So, how many ways? All those other numbers added to eleventy-billion.

It's a good division besides Mizzou. Out of conference victories against nc state, Georgia tech, K state and Notre Dame and MSU in cross~division play. Only losses to Michigan, Bama. The gap is closing between the east and west, with the exception of Bama, of course.

So far the east has the 2 best out of conf wins in the SEC. USC over Ncstate and vandy over K state.

Don't forget Notre Dame. The Irish are going to win 10 games. They looked better against BC than Clemson.

Wonder how they rank they ACC since we beat NC State and they beat FSU, the predicted winner of the conference.

If we beat Texas AM this weekend, we should make the top 25.

The East has 4 teams capable of making the top 25 this year with Georgia being the best and Kentucky, Florida, and us being close battles.

Wonder how they rank they ACC since we beat NC State and they beat FSU, the predicted winner of the conference.

The East has 4 teams capable of making the top 25 this year with Georgia being the best and Kentucky, Florida, and us being close battles.

We would need to beat TexasA&M and Arkansas to sniff top 25

It's funny how they talk up NC State to be a ACC contender and playoff team and we beat em and then they talk about the sec east being bad. Like the above post said , besides Mizzou , I don't see the east being that bad, wins are wins

SEC East at #5 in their current bottom 10.

Cut and paste if you'd rather not give them traffic:

5. The SEC Least
How do I love an entire division in the Coveted Fifth Spot? Let me count the ways. Vandy lost to Bama by 59 points; Mizzou lost to Auburn by 37; Kentucky fell to Florida for the 31st time in a row by blowing a 13-point, fourth-quarter lead. Then Florida had nine players tagged in a fraud case. And the team that had just lost to Kentucky last week, South Carolina, had to kick a late field goal to win 17-16 over Louisiana Tech, a team that came in the day ranked 94th in the nation in points allowed. Am I missing anyone? Oh yeah, Tennessee message boards have been filled with eleventy-billion #FireButch complaints after being in this spot solo last week and then narrowly escaping UMass. So, how many ways? All those other numbers added to eleventy-billion.
How about that mighty ACC?

I about choked on my soda when I read this. You mean 4 teams in the East will be ranked and we are one of the four? Ummm ok. Give me a hit of whatever meds you're taking

I refuse to take any writer seriously who uses "eleventy-billion."

For that alone he or she can GFH.

I about choked on my soda when I read this. You mean 4 teams in the East will be ranked and we are one of the four? Ummm ok. Give me a hit of whatever meds you're taking

That was probably the hot dog you were dining on...

Yeah, SEC East has 3 teams @ 3-1 and 1 @ 4-0. Out of conference, SEC East teams have beaten 4 ranked teams (5 if NC State gets ranked).

Who are you comparing them to?

tumblr_ojv04uXRfv1v1z098o1_500.gif

That, and the fact that they were overrated even before Francois went down. They live off their past glory in the minds of pollsters.
So, they were overrated and nc state beat them. So nc state was a better win. Its ok to brag about the Gamecocks a little bit nobody will die from it.

Agree but to say we should be ranked if we beat TAMU is kind of nutzzzzzz
Texas AM is 3-1 and if we beat them @ there place to go 4-1, if we are not ranked, we will be close. Especially since NC State, a team we beat upset FSU last week in Tallahassee and they were a 2 TD underdog.

Do you watch college football?

The SEC east has been garbage since that piece of excrement Urban Meyer left because he figured out he can't beat Saban on a consistent basis.

Texas AM is 3-1 and if we beat them @ there place to go 4-1, if we are not ranked, we will be close. Especially since NC State, a team we beat upset FSU last week in Tallahassee and they were a 2 TD underdog.

Do you watch college football?

I watched us pull off a miracle victory at home vs La Tech. If you can call that football than yes I watch and what I watched wasn't a top 25 team. Also "if" we win vs TAMU is very unlikely after watching their game vs Arkansas.

FGF logic. The ACC sucks until SEC teams play them, then they count as quality wins.

Actually NC State is ranked #26 after upsetting FSU who was ranked #12 when they beat them.

Texas AM would be undefeated and ranked in the top 15 if they had not choked against UCLA.

They only thing learned so far this season is the pollsters were incredibly wrong in their pre-season assessment of the teams they ranked to launch the season.

Right now, the best 3 teams are Alabama, Georgia, and Oklahoma.....

Actually NC State is ranked #26 after upsetting FSU who was ranked #12 when they beat them.

Texas AM would be undefeated and ranked in the top 15 if they had not choked against UCLA.

They only thing learned so far this season is the pollsters were incredibly wrong in their pre-season assessment of the teams they ranked to launch the season.

Right now, the best 3 teams are Alabama, Georgia, and Oklahoma.....

Yea I suppose if you do a few what ifs and if TAMU didn't lose etc etc you can prove your point. If TAMU went undefeated the last 4 years they would've been the champions 4 years in a row right? I see what you're doing now. Great logic. Maybe we should be ranked, and La Tech, and Kentucky because they only had 10 players in on that last play. Heck let's make Wofford a top 25 team, no wait, top 10...yea that's it

Yea I suppose if you do a few what ifs and if TAMU didn't lose etc etc you can prove your point. If TAMU went undefeated the last 4 years they would've been the champions 4 years in a row right? I see what you're doing now. Great logic. Maybe we should be ranked, and La Tech, and Kentucky because they only had 10 players in on that last play. Heck let's make Wofford a top 25 team, no wait, top 10...yea that's it

We have a solid team this year that has not played their best yet and has had some unfortunate injuries. If Jake can get hot and play up to his expectations, we can beat Texas AM Saturday night and set up a great environment for Arkansas next week.

Our defense is quietly having a good season with a thin roster.

Overall, like the direction we are heading with the amount of improvements the team has made since last season.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT