ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Gamecock Athlete of all time

Lattimore will always be special to me. The big recruit who did not have the big ego, did everything right, exploded out the gate setting records despite the worst injury luck of any player I can recall from a Gamecock player.. That is what made the way his career ended so sad. Worst game I ever attended was the UT game where he blew the knee out the second time. I felt like I had lost a friend... We won the game but lost so much more that day... The worst of it all is that we never got to see him in the NFL repping USC, making us all proud and showing those overstuffed ego maniacs how a real man SHOULD act. He was the classiest off the field and the best we ever had ON it. I am so happy we found a place for him on the team, that his insurance paid out and hopefully set him up for life and that we can look forward to a King career for that young man on our football staff once he gets his degree finished up! That is how you take care of your own! Spurrier is a class act!

Reactions: jerryusc
are you kidding me?

todd "my goodness" ellis

constipated, serviceable 1990s sideline reporter
I think Todd was color blind as he seemed to love passing to the opposing team.

Great post by Gamecocklifer about Marcus. If he had been able to stay healthy, USC might have won the SECFBC.

I think Todd was color blind as he seemed to love passing to the opposing team.

Great post by Gamecocklifer about Marcus. If he had been able to stay healthy, USC might have won the SECFBC.

Todd holds the record for most career interceptions by a Division I QB. 73 interceptions and 49 passing touchdowns... yikes! However, no one can ever doubt his loyalty to Carolina, he's been a great Gamecock all along.

Clowney and Dickie Harris my favorites. Both All American defenders.

Btw, Mark Herrmann holds the interception record not Ellis. Regardless, both were good QBs. They wouldn't let them keep throwing if they weren't.

Clowney and Dickie Harris my favorites. Both All American defenders.

Btw, Mark Herrmann holds the interception record not Ellis. Regardless, both were good QBs. They wouldn't let them keep throwing if they weren't.

Good call, I had read a while back that Ellis had the record, but checking just now Hermann did in fact have 75 INTs (and 71 TDs) compared to Ellis's 73 INTs (and 49 TDs). It's a hard record to find information about, I didn't see it anywhere in the NCAA record book.

Regardless, I don't think we'll ever see a -24 TD to INT disparity in college football ever again.

Connor Shaw-some! Lattimore a close 2nd. I really liked Phil Petty and Corey Boyd when they both played to.

Last edited:
Good call, I had read a while back that Ellis had the record, but checking just now Hermann did in fact have 75 INTs (and 71 TDs) compared to Ellis's 73 INTs (and 49 TDs). It's a hard record to find information about, I didn't see it anywhere in the NCAA record book.

Regardless, I don't think we'll ever see a -24 TD to INT disparity in college football ever again.

Where & when did this Hermann play?

Where & when did this Hermann play?
He played for Purdue. He didn't play pros either but he was a four year starter same as Ellis.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Ellis and the interceptions were bad but even Marino had a ton. If your throwing a lot it happens.

Basketball:
Tie John Roche Alex English

Football:
tie George Rogers Sterling Sharpe

Baseball:
tie Michael Roth Matt Price

Lot's to name but as far as heart and determination its hard not to pick Ryan Brewer!

Football: Alshon Jeffery
Basketball: Jo Jo English
Baseball: Christian Walker
Track: Terrance Trammel

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT