ADVERTISEMENT

Felder in the forecast?

"Anger issues", guess they call it. Been there, somebody shafts you and you get mad and get in trouble. Learn to take that deep breath. Learn to not GO IN them places. Rah's got a big upside. Need him. Gravett's a 2.

A punch in the face in 5 points is practically a handshake. Spitting on a woman, though? Yikes.

Who knows what really happened. If he spit on someone he should be punished. It seems to me as if he was punished enough.. Bring him back, on a very Short lease.. Now having said that, he will be subjected to fan aggression at every away game, that you can count on!

CFM should have been at Rakym's doorstep begging the day after the Temple game
I want Rah back, but......
* first of all FM don't beg, he is a coach, not a homeless guy looking for a handout
* second Felder was told to get his act together and had benchmarks to meet. He has to convince FM NOT the other way around.
* third the earliest he could come back is second semester.
* he will have to pay his own way and walk on this semester as there are no scholarships available. ( can he afford this? Are there NCAA hoops to jump through?)

I want Rah back, but......
* first of all FM don't beg, he is a coach, not a homeless guy looking for a handout
* second Felder was told to get his act together and had benchmarks to meet. He has to convince FM NOT the other way around.
* third the earliest he could come back is second semester.
* he will have to pay his own way and walk on this semester as there are no scholarships available. ( can he afford this? Are there NCAA hoops to jump through?)
Excellent post. I hope the University of South Carolina never stoops so low as to "beg" an athlete who had ample warning about his previous behavior and then screwed up again to come back just to win a games in sports. Using discipline to teach is part of the educational process and I suspect our coach knows the details and will act accordingly.

Reactions: paracock
Franks call. Fielder isn't special enough to help this team too much to be truthful. So if Franks decides the kid deserves a second chance, that's fine. If he doesn't that is fine also. Felder's presence isn't going to alter the program much one way or the other.

Excellent post. I hope the University of South Carolina never stoops so low as to "beg" an athlete who had ample warning about his previous behavior and then screwed up again to come back just to win a games in sports. Using discipline to teach is part of the educational process and I suspect our coach knows the details and will act accordingly.

A lot of people on here don't care about anything other than what will help win more games. These are the "bagmen" posters.

The hypocrisy..fans only want him back because they perceive he might help the team, if they didn't think he might help SC win, they'd say keep him off the team.
Two arrests in 18 months...Felder has not one chance, not two chances, but if Martin lets him back on team, a THIRD chance..one is plenty, two is enough...

Franks call. Fielder isn't special enough to help this team too much to be truthful. So if Franks decides the kid deserves a second chance, that's fine. If he doesn't that is fine also. Felder's presence isn't going to alter the program much one way or the other.

I seem to remember a lot of posters last year saying the same about Thornwell. Many on here seemed to think we'd be better off without him...

Felder was looking good off the bench last year and I was looking forward to seeing him in a bigger role this season. Personally, I'll leave it up to Frank Martin to decide what's going to work out best all around. He knows more about all of this than anyone on this board.

GO COCKS!

Shannon
USC '88

The hypocrisy..fans only want him back because they perceive he might help the team, if they didn't think he might help SC win, they'd say keep him off the team.
Two arrests in 18 months...Felder has not one chance, not two chances, but if Martin lets him back on team, a THIRD chance..one is plenty, two is enough...

For what it's worth, I'd like him back and little of what I know about him or at least observe about him, he does not seem like a terrible person. I would not be upset if he is on the team again, but I was commenting on the typical reaction from a lot of people on here which is, "If you want to win, make exceptions and integrity is not a priority".

I like what someone else said about these players having to prove to our coaches that they're worth the chance. We have a pretty good resume as a university with keeping players out of trouble and discipline, in general. That wasn't the case when Lou Holtz was here. We don't need to be known as the school that someone can fall back on after getting kicked out of another one.

For what it's worth, I'd like him back and little of what I know about him or at least observe about him, he does not seem like a terrible person. I would not be upset if he is on the team again, but I was commenting on the typical reaction from a lot of people on here which is, "If you want to win, make exceptions and integrity is not a priority".

I like what someone else said about these players having to prove to our coaches that they're worth the chance. We have a pretty good resume as a university with keeping players out of trouble and discipline, in general. That wasn't the case when Lou Holtz was here. We don't need to be known as the school that someone can fall back on after getting kicked out of another one.

i believe in 2nd chances sometimes, but 3 chances is one to many, imo

As has been mentioned, this would be (at least) his second chance. The first incident, I believe, involved striking a police officer. That said, Martin's continued influence in his life might be enough to result in a lasting benefit. Leash must be very short with immediate repercussions if he blows it.

Again, some posters think the purpose of USC is to have winning sports teams, not educate young men and women.

Again, some posters think the purpose of USC is to have winning sports teams, not educate young men and women.

In theory, yes; but let's be honest. D1 sports are big business (granted, football is foremost). These aren't intramural games for fun (the big 3). If we're not committed to winning, then just shut them down. We can educate choirboys. LOL

paracockWell-Known Member
NewAgain, some posters think the purpose of USC is to have winning sports teams, not educate young men and women.

That sound more like Clemson University. The purpose of the Carolina Athletic Dept. is to WIN...not USC. The University is there to educate.

wrong....we think the purpose of USC's big budget athletic program is to win games...also..some of you loons act as if you can't do both..What Felder was accused of (3rd degree assault) did not warrant a suspension...If you cite his prior issues i'll concede the point...But we will not beat the teams we compete against by booting kids for every little offense law enforcement gets involved in...Coaches like Saban, Smart and Dabo tell the media where to go...we must learn to do the same...If the offense is egregious, there should be discipline...But there is effective discipline that does not rise to level of suspension

Reactions: 92Pony
In theory, yes; but let's be honest. D1 sports are big business (granted, football is foremost). These aren't intramural games for fun (the big 3). If we're not committed to winning, then just shut them down. We can educate choirboys. LOL

This.

wrong....we think the purpose of USC's big budget athletic program is to win games...also..some of you loons act as if you can't do both..What Felder was accused of (3rd degree assault) did not warrant a suspension...If you cite his prior issues i'll concede the point...But we will not beat the teams we compete against by booting kids for every little offense law enforcement gets involved in...Coaches like Saban, Smart and Dabo tell the media where to go...we must learn to do the same...If the offense is egregious, there should be discipline...But there is effective discipline that does not rise to level of suspension

You and I have no idea what happened besides the charge. We know he wasn't doing well in class. Frank teaches life lessons, not just basketball. It worked out pretty well for Sin.

I hope Ray is able to come back. We need him. I trust Frank.

Reactions: gamecockfury
A lot of people on here don't care about anything other than what will help win more games. These are the "bagmen" posters.

That’s right. Winning is the point. I’ve never walked into a store and seen a University of South Carolina “Great Sportsmanship” t-shirt.

UPC beat #22 Florida this afternoon. Felder won't be here in time to prevent another extension of our losing streak to them, which should have ended last year.

That’s right. Winning is the point. I’ve never walked into a store and seen a University of South Carolina “Great Sportsmanship” t-shirt.
You missed them. They're by the "We run a tight ship" t-shirts. :p

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT