ADVERTISEMENT

Final record expectations

vidaliagamecock

Nov 20, 2001
4-8. Maybe we beat Vanderbilt. Jacksonville State is no push over. Kentucky 65/35 we win because we're at home and only if it's at night. Daytime guaranteed loss. Clemson, no shot in hell.

5-7.

That being said, I hope that Beamer has what it takes to make changes on BOTH sides of the ball AND OUTSIDE the field coaching staff, after the season. If so, Tanner needs to open the wallet and give Beamer the resources he needs to bring in top quality replacements. Beamer is not Steve Spurrier in that he can do "X's and O's" on his own. And he is not even Frank Beamer who was a damn good game day coach. He needs competent support because he is more of an executive type of Head Coach. If not, then we, as fans, are wasting our time on this and any other Gamecock sports site.

Reactions: bayrooster
5-7.

That being said, I hope that Beamer has what it takes to make changes on BOTH sides of the ball AND OUTSIDE the field coaching staff, after the season. If so, Tanner needs to open the wallet and give Beamer the resources he needs to bring in top quality replacements. Beamer is not Steve Spurrier in that he can do "X's and O's" on his own. And he is not even Frank Beamer who was a damn good game day coach. He needs competent support because he is more of an executive type of Head Coach. If not, then we, as fans, are wasting our time on this and any other Gamecock sports site.

Ouch.

But I can't argue with any of it.

Reactions: gamecock stock
5-7.

Yep. I hate to use them as an example, but Dabo got Clemson over the hump by hiring OC Chad Morris and DC Veneables. Those 2 coordinators built those championships, he gets credit for hiring them but we see the results after they left, especially Veneables

We need to find our coordinators who are like that for us.

Too young and too banged up. 4-8. But that excuse won't fly next season. Another season like this one and Beamer is on the hotseat.
Unfortunately next season will be just as bad. Schedule once again probably the roughest in America.

Reactions: 92Pony
Unfortunately next season will be just as bad. Schedule once again probably the roughest in America.
I haven't seen our schedule for next season, but that doesn't sound good. But hopefully, we'll be healthy next year and all these youngsters will have some experience under their belt. A good recruiting class coming in and maybe snag a couple of players in the transfer portal. Anything better than a 4-8 record will be an improvement. One thing Beamer needs to do in the offseason is get a better S&C coach because ours doesn't seem very good.

Beamer can be successful here. But our problem is Ray Tanner, he is hiring and making decisions on the cheap to make up for his stupid Muschamp hire and the mismanagement of it thereafter. Everyone thought it was a bad idea besides him and out incompetent BOT. Until that turd known as Ray is gone, what you see is what you get no matter who the coach is.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkHorse2001
I haven't seen our schedule for next season, but that doesn't sound good. But hopefully, we'll be healthy next year and all these youngsters will have some experience under their belt. A good recruiting class coming in and maybe snag a couple of players in the transfer portal. Anything better than a 4-8 record will be an improvement. One thing Beamer needs to do in the offseason is get a better S&C coach because ours doesn't seem very good.

Ooc
Old dominion
Akron
Wofford
Clemson

Conference
LSU
Ole Miss
Missouri
Texas a&M
Alabama
Kentucky
Oklahoma
Vandy

Reactions: Gamecocks321
Yep. I hate to use them as an example, but Dabo got Clemson over the hump by hiring OC Chad Morris and DC Veneables. Those 2 coordinators built those championships, he gets credit for hiring them but we see the results after they left, especially Veneables

We need to find our coordinators who are like that for us.
If we don't spend the money to bring in top quality assistants, then the only conclusion we can draw is that the administration from Tanner to the Board of Trustees are not serious people. Don't put it all on Tanner. It was the Board Of Trustees, after lobbying from some former players, who actually hired Beamer. That being said, Ray Tanner, of all people should know the value of top quality assistants. After all, he did not win national baseball championships until after he hired Chad Holbrook. If the BOT and Tanner prove to not be serious people, then I'm not wasting any more time on Carolina athletics.

Reactions: Lurker123
5-7.

Welp. Nothing else needs to be said. That’s true and what needs to happen. Will it? Probably not, as long as Ray is here.

Too young and too banged up. 4-8. But that excuse won't fly next season. Another season like this one and Beamer is on the hotseat.
I don't see why that excuse won't fly next year. We've used it nearly every year I've pulled for them.....since 1969....I can't account for any excuses prior to that....js.....and for the op....I'm saying Jax is the only game I see us left winning. I'm not sure we can beat vandy at this point.

Beamer can be successful here.
LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!! Frank's BOY is a NON-experienced individual, whose ONLY qualification to be a head coach in the SEC is .... well Golly ... Frank's BOY doesn't have any, does he? He's never been an OC, nor a DC. HHhhmmm, He's never been an OL nor DL coach. Don't think he's had any experience in either backfields. Not to mention that he's Never been a Head Coach ... anywhere, not even Our Lady of Mercy High School.

But he got the job because he was ... Frank's BOY.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT