ADVERTISEMENT

FINALLY, a Clemson fan admits it about the ACC

Bamas strength of schedule is the worst in the top 4 right now. If I’m not mistaken it’s like 50 something. So tell me again how they have done more.
Bama is notorious for scheduling weak ooc games. Overall the West is guilty of that also. Although Bama is scheduling slightly better than in the past. The difference I see in Clemson and Bama is Bama looks good nearly all the time. An eye test alone would have them #1 IMO. They don't typically struggle against inferior opponents. And they do have some quality games left on the schedule. I wish they schedule better tho

An Average SEC team A&M should have beaten them, THEY DIDNT, but to say A&M are better than Miss st, Ga & LSU... Come on man..
And yes, I do have much "Disdain" for taters, but I also have wached all the Above teams play...

Obviously you don’t watch enough college football because it does not have parity. A+b does not equal c. Texas a&m was early in the year on the road, they won so their better. You can’t gauge anything else from that. Alabama got beat last year, so by your thinking settle out auburn Georgia and alabama last year. Because they all beat each other.

Bragging about or comparing conferences is strictly for losers. Winners dont care. Champions dont care. No team in the playoff gives a crap about how great or sorry their conference is. I can assure you Nick or Dabo couldn't care less. Plus, none of it can be proven because we dont play each other's schedules. Its dumb and a waste of time. Let it go and just win games.

Clemson is exactly what you think they are. A sham. A fraud. The AShe She is so bad if they lose 1 game, they should drop out of the top 25. They won't of course, but they should. The money pumpers would be forced to keep them in the top 25 out of sheer desperation to keep the Ashe she relevant when everyone can see that conference isn't relevant at all.

It's like the tallest midget learned how to do karate against all the other midgets. It's kinda sad and pathetic, but Clem$on wouldn't have it any other way. God Forbid they had to actually play 5 to 7 average to good teams in a row. They wouldn't know what to do and they'd drop 2 instead of the usual 1. They'll crap the bed before the season is out. Wait and see. They do it every year. It's who they are. At least 1 spot in the playoffs will free up for a proven, quality team.

You know the ACC is sucking when Fl St and taters play and they can’t sell out a stadium. Florida st fans blaming the taters for not traveling well.

Reactions: cockofdawn
They do have an easy schedule but doesn’t mean they aren’t really good. So why debate it when we won’t be within 3 TDs most likely

I think most Clemson fans acknowledge that as a conference the ACC is weak. But most Clemson fans don’t really care that much about conference affiliation...we don’t need to. We try and let the on field performance speak for itself and don’t feel the need to ride coat tails. Even when FSU was great, most of us still pulled against them.

Reactions: DaTater3.0
Well, for those Clemson fans on here, I was complimentary of Clemson and how good they are but if you look at those numbers you posted, look at those teams you beat. NC State played no one and when they did, they stunk it up and had they played WVa they would have been seen for the team they really were much earlier. This same Clemson fan said were it not for Texas A&M and Ga Southern, Clemsons schedule would be really bad.
Take it for what it was, and really admit it, The ACC is really, really bad. Yes Clemson would win more than their fair share in SEC but would be challenged more if they played SEC teams week in and week out. We saw how Texas A&M gave Clemson all they could handle but then again T A&M almost lost to SC. Clemson would not be beating Florida, Kentucky, Miss St, Georgia, LSU, by 49 points like they have been doing to ACC teams. Even you as a Clemson fan have to take off the Orange glasses and say the ACC really is down this year. Fla St is a train wreck, Louisville is beyond decripstion, UNC is, well, words dont describe. When Virginia is leading the other division and no one even knows it, then the conference is not a blip on college football radar. I do understand loyalty to your team but get real with your numbers. The Clemson fan I talked to is right, ACC is worlds tallest midget contest. Winning it is nothing to brag about
Disagree anytime you win a conference title, it is always worth bragging about.

People can throw out win % and all that garbage they want. When the ACC plays each other, someone has to win. Clemson is a good team. No denying that. But there is a reason everyone felt confident they’d make the playoff this year and it’s because they play a 1 or 2 game schedule.

The ACC seems to have gotten trashed so far by out of conference teams, at least the ones with a pulse. Even the ones that don’t, like Old Dominion, have had success against one of the better teams in the ACC. And that’s not some good Old Dominion team...that’s one of the worst teams in all of college football. Honestly that upset should rank up or even higher than App State beating Michigan because at least App state was good. Old Dominion is terrible.

If South Carolina was in the Coastal we’d win that division. If we were in the Atlantic we’d probably finish 2nd. Obviously you have to win the games but we’ve had success recently against the other teams besides Clemson. Clemson is a good team. But the ACC is having the worst season they ever ever had. Doesn’t mean they won’t be a good conference again, even soon. But it’s really really bad this year.

No doubt any Clemson loss should keep them out of the playoff and most Clemson fans I talk to tend to agree with that. They still feel they’d be one of the best teams, but that they didn’t earn it with their path being so easy.

Reactions: cornstock84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT