ADVERTISEMENT

finebaum disses clemson fans

cocky derek

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2014
Unsure if this has already been discussed, but I caught a small portion of the Paul Finebaum Show today and he trashed the clempson fan base for their overall conduct during their recent football success. Basically, Paul said he had never seen a more "disgraceful" (his word) fan base. I only saw a snippet of the segment. Anybody else see this? I'm not sure what was being discussed.

Unsure if this has already been discussed, but I caught a small portion of the Paul Finebaum Show today and he trashed the clempson fan base for their overall conduct during their recent football success. Basically, Paul said he had never seen a more "disgraceful" (his word) fan base. I only saw a snippet of the segment. Anybody else see this? I'm not sure what was being discussed.

Didn't see that. He's biased as hell though. I know and work with some Alabama fans and I seriously cannot imagine anyone being worse than them. He's honestly probably ticked Alabama got beat like they did and so anything a tater does is automatically more annoying. Kinda like everyone on here has garnet glasses, how all Florida fans have blue glasses, etc.

Truth is that Finebaum could truly care less about Bama, or Clemson. He may have a soft spot for UT as he is an alum. But so many, including many on this forum, get twisted into knots by Finebaum. That is what he does. And why he has been so successful. He takes different angles at different times just to tweak the audience. And of course he is going to talk about Bama and Clemson the most. He only really spends any time on the also rans when he as to because of the SEC Network.

Saw the show, he said we were to blame for allowing them to rise up to that level in the first place, after the 5 bomb, he was talking with some tater from Charleston named Sam, who sounded like a 22yr old kid who stumbled onto tater tech about 5-6 years ago, the most annoying members of their "cult" you can find.

He’s had quite a few hot takes on us lately. I like him though, and am just realizing it comes with the territory. Every fan base has its idiots. The more relevant you are the louder they scream, and in turn the more they are heard.

But has he ever been barked at by a Georgia fan?! At least our classless fans use words when they are shouting at people...

Truth is that Finebaum could truly care less about Bama, or Clemson. He may have a soft spot for UT as he is an alum. But so many, including many on this forum, get twisted into knots by Finebaum. That is what he does. And why he has been so successful. He takes different angles at different times just to tweak the audience. And of course he is going to talk about Bama and Clemson the most. He only really spends any time on the also rans when he as to because of the SEC Network.
The "media whores" have to sell papers, get viewers/listeners, and use us as clickbait. And PAAWWWL knows how to stir the pot. Our world is full of fake news, just to draw our attention.

Reactions: Zann77
Saw the show, he said we were to blame for allowing them to rise up to that level in the first place, after the 5 bomb, he was talking with some tater from Charleston named Sam, who sounded like a 22yr old kid who stumbled onto tater tech about 5-6 years ago, the most annoying members of their "cult" you can find.
Well he is right about that, if we had kept recruiting then this would have never happened but SOS retired 2 years before he left.

The Clemson fans intensified their classless antics about 2 weeks ago when Paul had Gene Sapakoff on the program summarizing Clemson's cover up of their Ostarine investigation. Gene speculates Clemson knows who provided the PED and is protecting someone. That is why the information is under their lock and key and they are sending out stories to misdirect the media and public.

Paul said Clemson was nefarious and wanted to know what Clemson is hiding. Said Dabo is the most talkative coach in America but is not saying anything now.

Clemson fan boy fake news media has written negative articles about Paul since then. They must have looked up the word nefarious.

Reactions: gcobob
I for one think his show sucks and don’t watch for that reason

Last edited:
source.gif

Well he is right about that, if we had kept recruiting then this would have never happened but SOS retired 2 years before he left.

I appreciate what SOS accomplished at USC prior to the2015 season, however I'm reminded of the comments about UF alumni from UGA fans that I often heard when I was living in Jacksonville: 'Never trust a Gator'.

Disgraceful and classless were the 2 words he used to describe their fan base. Has enough experience interacting with their fan base everyday on his call program to form and justify his opinion.

After I read part of this thread I taped his show when it aired again at 12:00 specially to hear what he had to say about quempsum. I heard him say things to the affect they are having success and don't know how to act. Then a caller comes on and says he can't wait for the a she she network to begin so he doesn't have to listen to all of the quempsum callers. Finebaum replied that when the a she she network does start they will spend a lot of time trashing him (Finebaum) in fact he said one of the announcers has already been trashing him. Finebaum when on to say (and this surprises me) that if you can fine a better show about quempsum than his show then find it.

After I read part of this thread I taped his show when it aired again at 12:00 specially to hear what he had to say about quempsum. I heard him say things to the affect they are having success and don't know how to act. Then a caller comes on and says he can't wait for the a she she network to begin so he doesn't have to listen to all of the quempsum callers. Finebaum replied that when the a she she network does start they will spend a lot of time trashing him (Finebaum) in fact he said one of the announcers has already been trashing him. Finebaum when on to say (and this surprises me) that if you can fine a better show about quempsum than his show then find it.
Talk about over inflated ego. 1st of all I seriously doubt any one on the ACC, BTN, LHN, or Pac 12 network would bash Finebaum as he thinks they will, unless he is so sensitive to believe if someone disagrees with him that equates to bashing.
It's a rare occasion when any professional TV sportscaster calls out another. on the air. Radio is a whole other animal.

They already have. Mark Packer is the lead ACC Network host and is bashing Finebaum on his radio program. That Networknis going to struggle mightily and has to do all it can to boost ratings when in launches in a couple of weeks.....

Anyway, the bashing began when Paul gave Gene Sapakoff airtime after he wrote and article about Clemson covering up their investigation into the PEDs their team was taking at the end of June. Listen to it and you will know why Clemson is so salty. The unanswered questions that cover up truth have them nervous and in attack mode.

Listen to it here....

finebaum_2019-06-27-175907-8006-0-3-0.64k.mp3

Talk about over inflated ego. 1st of all I seriously doubt any one on the ACC, BTN, LHN, or Pac 12 network would bash Finebaum as he thinks they will, unless he is so sensitive to believe if someone disagrees with him that equates to bashing.
It's a rare occasion when any professional TV sportscaster calls out another. on the air. Radio is a whole other animal.

Watch a repeat of yesterday's Finebaum show and listen for yourself.

Can't say as I blame you but just letting you know he did say what I posted above.
Not doubting you but again PF is the Bette Noire of many a fanbase including ours so after so many years of dispensing disarranging remarks of any team not named Bama to me it comes across as hypocritical to start complaining of anyone now doing the same about him.
Personally I think I would rather enjoy it the if the #1 Bama Homer did get skewed.

Not doubting you but again PF is the Bette Noire of many a fanbase including ours so after so many years of dispensing disarranging remarks of any team not named Bama to me it comes across as hypocritical to start complaining of anyone now doing the same about him.
Personally I think I would rather enjoy it the if the #1 Bama Homer did get skewed.

This is an actual opinion of Finebaum and producers of his program on the SEC Network after Clemson's fanboy website media and twitter trolls started writing articles and talking during live calls on his program. It is much different than you suggest. Providing a description of Clemson from experience is not made up trolling.

He is actually not bad toward us but does give Muschamp crap over the Virginia loss and says it is inexcusable.

This is an actual opinion of Finebaum and producers of his program on the SEC Network after Clemson's fanboy website media and twitter trolls started writing articles and talking during live calls on his program. It is much different than you suggest. Providing a description of Clemson from experience is not made up trolling.

He is actually not bad toward us but does give Muschamp crap over the Virginia loss and says it is inexcusable.
Wow, an actual opinion. Well there you have it.

Wow, an actual opinion. Well there you have it.
Based on experience and facts through written words and dialogue....

Go listen to WCCP programming
for 30 minutes 1 day and the Clemson callers and Clemson hosts converse. He is not wrong. It is the nature of the mindless idiots supporting over talkative head football coach that the some national media outlets are begginning to see through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakecock1
They already have. Mark Packer is the lead ACC Network host and is bashing Finebaum on his radio program. That Networknis going to struggle mightily and has to do all it can to boost ratings when in launches in a couple of weeks.....

Anyway, the bashing began when Paul gave Gene Sapakoff airtime after he wrote and article about Clemson covering up their investigation into the PEDs their team was taking at the end of June. Listen to it and you will know why Clemson is so salty. The unanswered questions that cover up truth have them nervous and in attack mode.

Listen to it here....

finebaum_2019-06-27-175907-8006-0-3-0.64k.mp3
It stands to reason. Clemson is the only school in that crap conference that is worthy of any respect right now. And now Finebaum is going after their cash cow. Of course they're going to lash out at him.

I don’t understand why so many of you dislike one of the few media guys who actually call Clemson on their BS.
& His criticism of USC after Virginia pales in comparison to the criticism on this board. The dude talks college football 12 months a year, with guests that more often than not tell u something that u don’t already know. 90% of his “insults” are made tongue in cheek. Again; I don’t understand the hatred but to each his own.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Disgraceful and classless were the 2 words he used to describe their fan base. Has enough experience interacting with their fan base everyday on his call program to form and justify his opinion.
Ah, CLASSLESS. That is the word to best describe their trailer park fan base that accounts for half of their support and for only as long as they beat us and maintain their current level of success.

Reactions: Superior7
PF and Sapakoff are right to question Blabo and the CU spin machine in the cover-up of their intra-athletic department ostarine findings. Blabo won't shut his piehole 99% of the time when a microphone is placed in front of his dumbass looking self.

CRICKETS on this subject. If, and I say IF the findings exonerated Clempsun, their internal report would have been released IMMEDIATELY afterwards.

ESPN and the Dad of two of Dabo's players (Herbstreit) sure as hell won't probe, ask questions, or produce a negative piece on anything related to Clempsun.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why so many of you dislike one of the few media guys who actually call Clemson on their BS.
& His criticism of USC after Virginia pales in comparison to the criticism on this board. The dude talks college football 12 months a year, with guests that more often than not tell u something that u don’t already know. 90% of his “insults” are made tongue in cheek. Again; I don’t understand the hatred but to each his own.
I think fans of almost every team except Alabama generally dislike him. It doesn't matter what school a caller asks about (USC, UGA, Ole Miss, etc), 9 out of 10 times he brings the answer around to Alabama. He constantly reminds every fan that their school is not and will never be as good as Alabama.

Times have changed....He had Tim Brando on the program last week describing Bama as a 2nd rate team that will get crushed if they played Clemson again.....The Bama is the greatest in history thoughts are disappearing from the network and the younger coaches will be the future. Seems like preparation is being done for the end of the Saban era in the SEC at Alabama.

Even had Hugh Freeze of Liberty in an interview. He'll be back soon as he is climbing up the cliff he fell from with the help of Liberty University.

Clemson being in the national spotlight, using PEDs on the big stage; and the big stage spotlight is exposing their fanbase as they respond to issues that have not been properly addressed by Dabo and Dan. It is like WCCP on Ostarine.

What 'disgraceful' thing(s) have Clemson fans said/done? Really, 'disgraceful' is not nearly as bad as Gamecock fans know them to be. They're more disgusting, trashy, redneck, racist and otherwise vile and vicious. Plus, they are cheating assholes.

Covering up an ostarine problem, exposing student-athletes to a banned substance, and paying recruits by running it through a church is pretty disgraceful. (Btw being racist is pretty disgraceful too)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT