ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Beamer!!!

Beamer will at least get 3 years, more than likely 4 to show progress. We are not the type of program who can get by with firing a coach every 2 years until we find who we want....those type of pf programs are few.
With Muschamp last recruiting class in the 70s. I think it may get worse before it get better.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Describe a fair-weather fan.
A fan who only roots for a team during its success.

Describe a non-objective head in the sand supporter who can't conceptualize that a 6 game sample is pretty good for evaluating the entire coaching staff on coaching ability.

We were not even in the Tennessee game and Tennessee has a first year coach and is rebuilding. We are in arguably in the same position. But anywon't mention UGA because they are #1. To me, the East Carolina win showed that this coaching staff isn't ready for prime time.
You've been posting this crap for years. Maybe it's time you go.
I've been right for years. You're welcome.

Yeah, I hope Beamer goes into the portal a good bit.
That was why I was so pissed that Beamer....a position coach....chose to stay in Norman to prepare for and coach in a bowl game instead of being in Columbia trying to hold the class together. We had a lot of defections after Muschamp left, including most of our highest rated recruits.

One thing I liked about Muschamp in his first year is he got his butt to Columbia fast when he was hired and worked his butt off to salvage Spurrier's last recruiting class.

No, just sick and tired of the constant bitching. If it makes you so angry, go get a dog or find a hobby. Life is too short to spend it complaining all the time.
Constant bitching? Dude, you spent nearly half your day in this thread alone bitching about people bitching. pEoPlE sHoUlD tHiNk LiKe Me. You don't see the irony?

And besides, it's a message board. It's a place for fans to come and discuss Gamecock related topics, and believe or not, VENT. And no, I wasn't angry, upset sure, but not angry. If anyone was angry, it was you.

Not at all. Just tired of all the BS.
So are the real fans that have been here longer than 2-3 years. We are tired of incompetent hires, slaps in the face, half effort toward our program. There’s a boiling point that happens....and I think we are pretty close for a lot of people. The univ. cash cow may soon go away.

So who fired Beamer? Ever heard of Occam’s razor? The most likely scenario is the one I pointed out. Otherwise you have to believe in a conspiracy that Beamer was a poor coach and every stop he went to was in on the conspiracy to hide that fact.
Maybe the issue is you’re the one blinded by your dislike of the hire and look for any reason to criticize it.
I never said he got fired. You are the one that says he has gotten almost every job due to his greatness. I'm saying that's not true. I didn't even say he has done a bad job where he has been. He has connections within the coaching "fraternity" like many others. If he is so great why has every new job until now been a sideways move, and never up?

Other than that's the type of move that hits the sports media fast.....and being soundly rejected is not a good look. But whatever.....take a shot.
But it would put everyone on notice that we are finally serious about winning. Otherwise we will continue to get the Sparky Woodses and Brad Scotts of the coaching world. We have already spent about $15 million to get rid of a sorry coach and another $2 Million to hire a bargain basement coach. If we had spent $5 million to begin with we would be better of financially and would more likely have a successful program.

But it would put everyone on notice that we are finally serious about winning. Otherwise we will continue to get the Sparky Woodses and Brad Scotts of the coaching world. We have already spent about $15 million to get rid of a sorry coach and another $2 Million to hire a bargain basement coach. If we had spent $5 million to begin with we would be better of financially and would more likely have a successful program.
Can't debate you on that....if we can get who we want for $5M a year.

How many other TE coaches with zero Coordinator experience were hired by P5 teams (much less SEC teams) as head coach say in the last 50 years?
My off the cuff answer to your question is NO. No other school would higher a TE position coach that I know of as their HC. But then again no other school has Ray as the AD.

He is baaaad as in bad. Inept.

Constant bitching? Dude, you spent nearly half your day in this thread alone bitching about people bitching. pEoPlE sHoUlD tHiNk LiKe Me. You don't see the irony?

And besides, it's a message board. It's a place for fans to come and discuss Gamecock related topics, and believe or not, VENT. And no, I wasn't angry, upset sure, but not angry. If anyone was angry, it was you.
Not angry, just tired of constant complaining. It is a consistent theme since I joined the board. When I was on the Gamecock Nation forum there was a vent thread where people could do just that. It seems here every thread gets highjacked by vent and fire coach, AD….
Maybe we need a vent thread on this forum

I never said he got fired. You are the one that says he has gotten almost every job due to his greatness. I'm saying that's not true. I didn't even say he has done a bad job where he has been. He has connections within the coaching "fraternity" like many others. If he is so great why has every new job until now been a sideways move, and never up?
I said he earned each job he got and not because of his last name. For what it’s worth, he’s our coach now so it’s best to support him and hope for success.

I said he earned each job he got and not because of his last name. For what it’s worth, he’s our coach now so it’s best to support him and hope for success.
Which of course is not true. Frank Beamer hired Shane Beamer and it wasn't because he was the best available assistant at the time, it was because it was his son. Many of his other hires were because of his and his father's relationships with other coaches.

Which of course is not true. Frank Beamer hired Shane Beamer and it wasn't because he was the best available assistant at the time, it was because it was his son. Many of his other hires were because of his and his father's relationships with other coaches.
BS. Shane went specifically to help his dad tge last 2 years, the RB coach retired and Frank needed a replacement. But you knew that already, just stirring up more crap.

So are the real fans that have been here longer than 2-3 years. We are tired of incompetent hires, slaps in the face, half effort toward our program. There’s a boiling point that happens....and I think we are pretty close for a lot of people. The univ. cash cow may soon go away.
Real fans. Right. Unless you trash the AD or staff, you’re not a real fan. We all want to win,
Pulling support 6 weeks into the first season isn’t being a real fan, it a Temper Tantrum.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Yeah, I hope Beamer goes into the portal a good bit.
Uhhhh...many of us hoped he would go into the portal LAST year. He tried...and came away with St. Josephs, St. Francis, Deleware, etc. That's on the resume right now. Last offseason was wasted. He should have immediately seen what I could easily see (a non D1, P5 football coach): we don't have enough talent- we have to immediately upgrade and consider doing something unique and/or exciting to be able to immediately compete.

Innovative coaches do things. They have schemes (x and o), recruiting (pitch and opening eyes to what is available at said university), balance talent and keep them happy, etc.
It's not 1987. He won't get 5-6 years like his father received, and like so many others here on this board claim he "should" get. Preposterous.

I just love seeing tweets from our WBB coach where she's accusing many of our fans of being "bandwagon" fans.
As a 58 year old Gamecock fan, I've been called many things but "bandwagon fan" is not one of them.
Dawn needs to stick to coaching WBB.
I hear ya. Any fan that is still here after decades of marginal success certainly isn't a bandwagon fan.

Real fans. Right. Unless you trash the AD or staff, you’re not a real fan. We all want to win,
Pulling support 6 weeks into the first season isn’t being a real fan, it a Temper Tantrum.
I haven't pulled my support even now for our program...but I knew the outcome 9 months ago. It won't be a temper tantrum. I think that's the thing that you new "fans" don't get. Some of us are Pro-USC at all costs.....not Pro-Beamer.
It will be sad....but the boiling point I'm talking about will be a lot of jobs changing hands and a major overhaul happening. It is needed.

I haven't pulled my support even now for our program...but I knew the outcome 9 months ago. It won't be a temper tantrum. I think that's the thing that you new "fans" don't get. Some of us are Pro-USC at all costs.....not Pro-Beamer.
It will be sad....but the boiling point I'm talking about will be a lot of jobs changing hands and a major overhaul happening. It is needed.
I’ve been a fan over 55 years. Not exactly “new”
The most important changes need to be made at BOT level, they have always been the problem

BS. Shane went specifically to help his dad tge last 2 years, the RB coach retired and Frank needed a replacement. But you knew that already, just stirring up more crap.
So you're saying his dad hired him because of his great accomplishments as a RB coach? How can that be when he had never been a RB coach? He previously coached DBs and LBs. But you already knew that, didn't you? You're just making up BS now.

So you're saying his dad hired him because of his great accomplishments as a RB coach? How can that be when he had never been a RB coach? He previously coached DBs and LBs. But you already knew that, didn't you? You're just making up BS now.
Yet he was good enough to coach their RB to a record setting year and first round draft in the nfl. Guess he knows more about football than you do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT