ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Beamer!!!

It's not the talent I'm concerned with mostly. It's the cheerleading, lack of development, lack of execution, lack of organization, and a general sense of we don't know who we are or what we want to do. App State would run circles around us. TN improved. Ole Miss improved. Arkansas improved. Miss State improved. I could go on.

This will not end well. And when Shane leaves Tanner better right behind him.
Why shouldn't Tanner go first.

Reactions: Cybercock
There is zero chance anybody gets fired until the end of the season.

Georgia is NOT a measuring stick game for us. They are in another league. Oregon has far more talent on their team, the Georgia made them look terrible on both sides of the ball too.

We looked terrible against Georgia State and Arky too. That's the point.

Reactions: cockofdawn
"We have a very good SEC team." - Shane Beamer 9/17/2022.

This tells me he has no clue about football or talent. If this is his idea of a very good SEC team, he has no business coaching anywhere.
What is he supposed to say." Look everybody, I'm out there everyday with these players and it's alarming how bad we really are"
I'm not a "defender" but let's keep things in perspective.

No it didn’t. Beamer seat ain’t warm. If y’all thought we had a snowballs chance in hell to beat Georgia you don’t know football. They have more talent in any single position group than our whole team.

Disagree here. The line was 24.5pts at home which is ridiculous and you get scorched by twice that figure? That game looked exactly like the Clemson game last year. A loss is fine but you can't keep getting destroyed like this - especially by our two biggest rivals in our home stadium.

The Muschamp years didn't do Beamer any favors as there was little success in the entire stretch. Fans are restless and likely aren't going to tolerate this level of performance past next season. Beamer's contract is far more friendly that Muschamp's was. He was a gamble hire and I can totally see the BOT tossing him when Ray retires next year if things don't improve.

We will never have the talent of a lot of teams in the SEC. That makes it of the utmost importance to have a coaching staff that can overachieve with the talent at hand. There are weak links on this coaching staff. It's imperative that a Head Coach like Beamer who has never been an OC nor DC, much less a proven one, have a staff of assistants who know a thing or two about "coaching". To be a "CEO" type like Dabo, you need competent assistants. Who thinks we have that? Beamer really fell on the job when he did not let some assistants go after last season. It made me wonder whether he has the intestinal fortitude to be a successful Head Coach.
Well said.

Disagree here. The line was 24.5pts at home which is ridiculous and you get scorched by twice that figure? That game looked exactly like the Clemson game last year. A loss is fine but you can't keep getting destroyed like this - especially by our two biggest rivals in our home stadium.

The Muschamp years didn't do Beamer any favors as there was little success in the entire stretch. Fans are restless and likely aren't going to tolerate this level of performance past next season. Beamer's contract is far more friendly that Muschamp's was. He was a gamble hire and I can totally see the BOT tossing him when Ray retires next year if things don't improve.
Yep - that was a horrible look on Saturday. I'm rooting for him but any more performances like that in your home building would probably turn the tide.

As it stands today, it is a short leash contract. Barring any extensions at the end of this year, if he were to be released at the end of 2023, the buyout would be approximately $3.75mil which would be paid over two years. That's palatable.

Reactions: gamecockblack
What is he supposed to say." Look everybody, I'm out there everyday with these players and it's alarming how bad we really are"
I'm not a "defender" but let's keep things in perspective.
Yeah, sure dude. That's exactly what I said. Idiot! Learn to read then come back.

Well said.

No, it's not "well said". It's delusional.

If we can't get the best players, the same principle applies to coaches too. He's saying hire coaches that can take a team that is 72% 3 stars and make them compete against NC caliber teams. IF those coaches exist, they certainly have better options than us.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
No, it's not "well said". It's delusional.

If we can't get the best players, the same principle applies to coaches too. He's saying hire coaches that can take a team that is 72% 3 stars and make them compete against NC caliber teams. IF those coaches exist, they certainly have better options than us.

Forget the national title contenders then. What about a coach making the team competitive against the other 10 teams on the schedule?

Forget the national title contenders then. What about a coach making the team competitive against the other 10 teams on the schedule?

We were close to that last year in year one. Only 4 teams we weren't at least competitive against last year, and that was with a disaster at QB. 3 of those teams routinely out recruit us by a lot.

Last edited:
IMO, this year and 2023 will be mostly defined on how we compete against UT, Missouri, UF and UK.

However, you can't have face plant losses on national TV in your home stadium. It's a recruiting killer in today's world. Players wants to be the missing pieces of the puzzle - not the early foundation.

IMO, this year and 2023 will be mostly defined on how we compete against UT, Missouri, UF and UK.

However, you can't have face plant losses on national TV in your home stadium. It's a recruiting killer in today's world. Players wants to be the missing pieces of the puzzle - not the early foundation.
After last weekend I'm leaning towards all of those being solid losses, with UK an UT being whoopins.

We were close to that last year in year one. Only 4 teams we weren't at least competitive against last year, and that was with a disaster at QB. 3 of those teams routinely out recruit us by a lot.

Maybe that will hold, but I agree with the post after yours.

I am curious if we're really competitive against 3 of those.

Edit: I'm already seeing some indications with the play against Arkansas, a team with a similar recruiting level.

Recruiting rankings:

Year. USC. ARK
2018. 18. 61
2019. 19. 20
2020. 18. 41
2021. 74. 24
2022. 28. 26

Last edited:
UT, Gators and KY have passed us by without a doubt. We will be lucky to beat any of those three over the next several years so long as their coaches stay intact.

Mizzou is more the measuring stick and they aren’t lighting it up. We lose to Mizzou this year and Shane’s job gets even tougher. It just might be the difference between 5-7 or 4-8.

It's not the talent I'm concerned with mostly. It's the cheerleading, lack of development, lack of execution, lack of organization, and a general sense of we don't know who we are or what we want to do. App State would run circles around us. TN improved. Ole Miss improved. Arkansas improved. Miss State improved. I could go on.

This will not end well. And when Shane leaves Tanner better right behind him.
We had all heard Tanner's job depended on how Muschamp did.

I don't think I have ever heard another coach say that or something similar. I've never heard Saban say that. At the half on Saturday, Kirby Smart was asked to comment on his team. After thoroughly whipping his opponent his comments were about all the things they did wrong. He didn't comment on how good they were. That is because he strives for perfection and knows that is the only way to get better. He knows that if he does not demand excellence from his team, he will certainly never get it.

Dabo said in 2013 after FSU whipped them up and down the field that they'd beat FSU 5 out of 10 times. A totally needless and silly thing to say after a whopping. (Clemson had lost to them the year before by double digits too)

The next year Clemson lost to them in overtime.

The year after that Clemson beat FSU - and the next year - and the next year- and the next year- and the next year

Please don’t compare us to Clemson, we have shown zero in the ability to back up this fluffy “coach speak”, until we do it’s all on a wing and a prayer which has yet to be answered.

Dabo said in 2013 after FSU whipped them up and down the field that they'd beat FSU 5 out of 10 times. A totally needless and silly thing to say after a whopping. (Clemson had lost to them the year before by double digits too)

The next year Clemson lost to them in overtime.

The year after that Clemson beat FSU - and the next year - and the next year- and the next year- and the next year
Oh, so you're saying that next year we will play UGA close and the next year we will beat them. Want to make a wager?

Please don’t compare us to Clemson, we have shown zero in the ability to back up this fluffy “coach speak”, until we do it’s all on a wing and a prayer which has yet to be answered.
I wasn’t comparing us to Clemson.

I was pointing out Dabo making a surprising defensive comment after an absolute beating.

Oh, so you're saying that next year we will play UGA close and the next year we will beat them. Want to make a wager?
There appears to be a reading comprehension issue here.

you said above that you didn’t think you had ever heard anyone say something like that or something similar

I pointed out an example that was obvious to me: that Dabo Swinney said something like that or something very similar back in 2013 after they got whipped.

I then pointed out that he eventually experienced success on the field against that very team but when he said that in 2013 no one had any idea that was going to happen.

nothing in my comment above was a prediction of how we would do this year or next year or any other year. If I was going to make a prediction, I would’ve just made a prediction

Last edited:
Speaking of coach speak, the old "we gotta do a better job as coaches" is getting old. It should be a requirement that if you use that three times, you must fire someone... because at some point, it just becomes lip service.

Last edited:
Yeah, sure dude. That's exactly what I said. Idiot! Learn to read then come back.
Actually no that is not what you said at all. Below is your original post:
You were deriding SB for " not having a clue".
My response was to state that in essence he is not going to publicly state that his team is not a good football team
So as to your comment "Learn to read..." Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

"We have a very good SEC team." - Shane Beamer 9/17/2022.

This tells me he has no clue about football or talent. If this is his idea of a very good SEC team, he has no business coaching anywhere.

Actually no that is not what you said at all. Below is your original post:
You were deriding SB for " not having a clue".
My response was to state that in essence he is not going to publicly state that his team is not a good football team
So as to your comment "Learn to read..." Perhaps you should follow your own advice.
Sorry, I should have known from your initial response that you cannot recognize obvious sarcasm when you see it either.

And that was not your response either. Here was your idiotic response:
"What is he supposed to say. Look everybody, I'm out there everyday with these players and it's alarming how bad we really are." as though somehow that was the only other response he could have made. That was a totally ridiculous hyperbole.

There appears to be a reading comprehension issue here.

you said above that you didn’t think you had ever heard anyone say something like that or something similar

I pointed out an example that was obvious to me: that Dabo Swinney said something like that or something very similar back in 2013 after they got whipped.

I then pointed out that he eventually experienced success on the field against that very team but when he said that in 2013 no one had any idea that was going to happen.

nothing in my comment above was a prediction of how we would do this year or next year or any other year. If I was going to make a prediction, I would’ve just made a prediction
Actually you are totally incorrect. What Dabo said was nothing even close to what Beamer said, nor were the circumstances. You try to compare incomparable facts all the time. Usually its not worth responding to. Your implication is that somehow what Beamer said is on par with what Dabo said so as to give credence to a ridiculous comment made by Beamer that is an obvious misstatement.

When Dabo said they could beat FSU 5 out of 10 times that is no where near the same as Beamer saying "we are a very good SEC team" after just getting his ass kicked by Arkansas and scraping by a lower level Ga State team. He then proceeded to get blown off the field by UGA. Dabo had been undefeated at that point including a win of #8 Georgia and proceeded to win all but one other game that year including a bowl win over Ohio St. There was some reasonable foundation for what he said unlike Beamer who is just blowing hot air. Even still Dabo didn't say "we are a very good team" after losing. He just commented on the fact that this game was an aberration and that his team and FSU were more comparable that that game indicated. Also, with his subsequent success against FSU, his comments were not unfounded. The only way that can be the case for Beamer is if he has similar future success against UGA and wins most of the rest of the games this year. You made this ludicrous comparison so you MUST believe that will happen. Again, what would you like to wager?

Sorry, I should have known from your initial response that you cannot recognize obvious sarcasm when you see it either.

And that was not your response either. Here was your idiotic response:
"What is he supposed to say. Look everybody, I'm out there everyday with these players and it's alarming how bad we really are." as though somehow that was the only other response he could have made. That was a totally ridiculous hyperbole.
"I am entirely unable to formulate a coherent argument, so I'll just attack the person I'm arguing against."

Reactions: DeeDave
Actually you are totally incorrect. What Dabo said was nothing even close to what Beamer said, nor were the circumstances. You try to compare incomparable facts all the time. Usually its not worth responding to. Your implication is that somehow what Beamer said is on par with what Dabo said so as to give credence to a ridiculous comment made by Beamer that is an obvious misstatement.

When Dabo said they could beat FSU 5 out of 10 times that is no where near the same as Beamer saying "we are a very good SEC team" after just getting his ass kicked by Arkansas and scraping by a lower level Ga State team. He then proceeded to get blown off the field by UGA. Dabo had been undefeated at that point including a win of #8 Georgia and proceeded to win all but one other game that year including a bowl win over Ohio St. There was some reasonable foundation for what he said unlike Beamer who is just blowing hot air. Even still Dabo didn't say "we are a very good team" after losing. He just commented on the fact that this game was an aberration and that his team and FSU were more comparable that that game indicated. Also, with his subsequent success against FSU, his comments were not unfounded. The only way that can be the case for Beamer is if he has similar future success against UGA and wins most of the rest of the games this year. You made this ludicrous comparison so you MUST believe that will happen. Again, what would you like to wager?

You are too angry to have a discussion with at the moment. You will settle down.

Dabo received national criticism for his comments after the FSU whipping. In fact, Dabo said FSU just caught them on a bad night.

In fact, before the game the next year he told reporters he made the comments because he thought they had a good team. His words were "heck of a team." It just happened to turn out they did have a good team, even though FSU totally dominated them.

Again, your reading comprehension is poor. You are just mad because someone pointed out another coach doing something similar- talking about how good his team was after a brutal loss. No one made a prediction regardless of how bad your ego wants to believe one was made.

settle down keyboard fighter. LOL

You are too angry to have a discussion with at the moment. You will settle down.

Dabo received national criticism for his comments after the FSU whipping. In fact, Dabo said FSU just caught them on a bad night.

In fact, before the game the next year he told reporters he made the comments because he thought they had a good team. His words were "heck of a team." It just happened to turn out they did have a good team, even though FSU totally dominated them.

Again, your reading comprehension is poor. You are just mad because someone pointed out another coach doing something similar- talking about how good his team was after a brutal loss. No one made a prediction regardless of how bad your ego wants to believe one was made.

settle down keyboard fighter. LOL
No sonny, I don't get mad over somebody else's stupidity. I just point it out as I did with your ridiculous comparison of 2 incomparable statements. But, that's what you do. Time and time again. So I just laugh and press on. But I did love your comment: "It just happened to turn out they did have a good team". HaHaHa. So it just happened to turn out huh? Even though they were undefeated at the time and had beaten the #8 team in the country? Sure! And, no wager AGAIN. That says it all.

My question is when will we beat a top twenty team again? Hell we might not beat a top 50 team this year if things stay on par. I hate to be Captain Obvious but that doesn’t equate to “we are a very good SEC team”.

Reactions: JGH 35
Speaking of coach speak, the old "we gotta do a better job as coaches" is getting old. It should be a requirement that if you use that three times, you must fire someone... because at some point, it just becomes lip service.
Kind of like us ordinary people on a job; boss calls you in only a certain amount of times, then the pink slip is handed out 😏.

Reactions: bucketdad
I'll support Shane if he replaces coaches during or after the season. I'll toss him in the bin with Sparky, Brad and Muschamp if he does nothing and expects different results. Players are coming here for free food, money, girls and an undeserved diploma. I could almost say that I provided more to the university than these cast of clowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT