ADVERTISEMENT

Fixing baseball team

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
I know that we couldn't fix this team over night, especially all that is going wrong with it... My question is if you were Chad, where do you start? Pitching has been a luxury for us over the past six to seven years. Now we can't hold a lead going to the bullpen. Our hitting has been hit or miss over the last few years, but we were able to find was to win (mostly because of the pitching).
We have almost the whole SEC season to go, each will be critical to us making the postseason. Heck even the midweek games are now questionable and are must wins.

So Chad, what do you do first?

Originally posted by Cocky4SC:
I know that we couldn't fix this team over night, especially all that is going wrong with it... My question is if you were Chad, where do you start? Pitching has been a luxury for us over the past six to seven years. Now we can't hold a lead going to the bullpen. Our hitting has been hit or miss over the last few years, but we were able to find was to win (mostly because of the pitching).
We have almost the whole SEC season to go, each will be critical to us making the postseason. Heck even the midweek games are now questionable and are must wins.

So Chad, what do you do first?
This is easy. He HAS to keep experimenting with his young arms and give them a chance to prove they can be the guy. Right now we have Crowe, Wynkoop and Fiori and Mincy. Open Competition for everyone else. Widener has blown too many saves recently. He lacks the control necessary to be a closer. The other thing is conitinue to work with Destino so we can get his bat back to where it was early in the year. He's having trouble with any low pitch.

Re: in baseball, getting hits cures a lot of ills......*****

Originally posted by gridfan:
nfgdfnn
and hits don't matter if you don't score runs. People have been complaining about the hitting on this team every year for the past 4 or 5 years. We've hit the ball well the last 3 games and only won one of those games.

Specifically we have had the luxery of all american closers the last 5 years between Matt Price, Tyler Webb, and Joel Seddon. We have two weekend starters, a set up guy, and then a bunch of other guys who need to step up from being just another face on the bench.

Originally posted by gamecockengineer2011:
Specifically we have had the luxery of all american closers the last 5 years between Matt Price, Tyler Webb, and Joel Seddon. We have two weekend starters, a set up guy, and then a bunch of other guys who need to step up from being just another face on the bench.
Someone will.

Don't think he can start over at this point.

Still work in process but if we win 2 of 3 or sweep this weekend we are in good shape. As bad as the "sky is falling" crowd wants to make it to be, we are 1 game out of 1st place in the SEC. If someone can step up in closer role we have chance to be pretty good. We have some very good young arms who you hope with experience gets better.

The biggest problem with this baseball team...letting Jim Toman walk out the door. It resulted in trading a Lexus (Toman) for a Kia (Holbrook).

So Toman has been to how many world series? How many super regionals? I think Toman is a really good coach but can't say for certain he is better than Holbrook. We are 1 game out of first in our conference, that isn't bad. How about we let the year play out?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT