ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Fans

SCGCock07

Apr 15, 2009
Conway, SC
Been reading their thoughts on the Gator message boards and it appears they don't think too highly of USC's baseball program and us in general. I have been critical of the program and Holbrook the past couple years, but please allow me to vent at the lurking Gator fans about our baseball program versus theirs:

1. USC has more CWS championships than UF.

2. USC has more CWS championship game appearances than UF.

3. USC has more fans at a Tuesday night game in February than UF does at a Super Regional.

4) USC's stadium makes UF's look like a Dixie Youth field in Red Bank.

In closing:

cut_off_florida.gif

Reactions: abw2390
FLORIDA is the top athletics program in the SEC. They have won like 12 National Championships within a year.

However they weren't shit until Spurrier and pretty much like us in football until him. They didn't even have a 10 win season until Spurrier in football but it jump started every other sport they have. We can learn a lot from them

Congratulations to the University Of Florida on their national championship in baseball.
Happy for Coach O'Sullivan. He showed a lot of class and respect for our program when we beat them in the 2011.
Appears to be a class act to me.

UF is supposed to be overhauling McKethan. Number 4 may be dropping off your list soon.

That was the original plan. Now it's an entirely new park.

As to the OP other points, while the numbers are better at S. Car, UF's not that far off and at the current rate will catch up soon. Not to mention we are the current national champion.

Y'all have an elite program and I think most Gators agree. Not sure why you feel the need to justify? At the end of the day both programs are elite

That was the original plan. Now it's an entirely new park.

As to the OP other points, while the numbers are better at S. Car, UF's not that far off and at the current rate will catch up soon. Not to mention we are the current national champion.

Y'all have an elite program and I think most Gators agree. Not sure why you feel the need to justify? At the end of the day both programs are elite
Well stated. I'll be completely honest. Wish we had the pitching staff you had returning. Geez how many first rounders are there.

Been reading their thoughts on the Gator message boards and it appears they don't think too highly of USC's baseball program and us in general. I have been critical of the program and Holbrook the past couple years, but please allow me to vent at the lurking Gator fans about our baseball program versus theirs:

3. USC has more fans at a Tuesday night game in February than UF does at a Super Regional.

In closing:

cut_off_florida.gif
Personally, I love this post.... especially the animation!

Nothing wrong with having a little fun. And your points are dead on.

In closing:

cut_off_florida.gif
Not so fast, my friend! We have a lot of Cocks in Florida!

What is a Florida baseball fan? Isn't that sorta like Bigfoot? There are rumors that they exist, just nobody has any proof.

In closing:

cut_off_florida.gif

UF & USC have both been to 11 CWS in their history. The Gamecocks have 2 titles, the Gators have 1. USC is located in a metro-area with roughly 3 times the population of Gainesville, which likely impacts attendance, though there is no question the USC fan support is impressive. Lastly, the UF baseball facilities and stadium are being completely rebuilt this off-season.

Most Gator fans I know respect what USC baseball has accomplished, However, I think most would look at USC baseball much like those in the rest of the country who are not wearing Garnet glasses ......... there just is not any significant difference in the programs at the moment, or in terms of historical accomplishments. Clearly, opinions will vary.

Reactions: coolcock2001
Florida is full of yankee descendants who waver between pulling the flavor of the month and Ohio State.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
What is a Florida baseball fan? Isn't that sorta like Bigfoot? There are rumors that they exist, just nobody has any proof.

C'mon man. I guess LSU fans would tell you guys the same thing. Regardless, Florida is usually top 10-15 in the country in attendance. So while its not Columbia, and certainly not LSU, its not as bad as you wish it was. Also takes a toll on attendance when you are very good at every sport

BTW, the new stadium is going to have shade which is expected to increase attendance

C'mon man. I guess LSU fans would tell you guys the same thing. Regardless, Florida is usually top 10-15 in the country in attendance. So while its not Columbia, and certainly not LSU, its not as bad as you wish it was. Also takes a toll on attendance when you are very good at every sport

BTW, the new stadium is going to have shade which is expected to increase attendance

They must have all been wearing purple and gold at the CWS just to throw everybody off.

UF & USC have both been to 11 CWS in their history. The Gamecocks have 2 titles, the Gators have 1. USC is located in a metro-area with roughly 3 times the population of Gainesville, which likely impacts attendance, though there is no question the USC fan support is impressive. Lastly, the UF baseball facilities and stadium are being completely rebuilt this off-season.

Most Gator fans I know respect what USC baseball has accomplished, However, I think most would look at USC baseball much like those in the rest of the country who are not wearing Garnet glasses ......... there just is not any significant difference in the programs at the moment, or in terms of historical accomplishments. Clearly, opinions will vary.

Ill go ahead and add the following
- Florida has more wins all-time than USC
- Florida has more Conference Championships since 1991 when USC joined the SEC (7 to 3) and more overall at 14 to 3.
- Florida has more Conference Tournament Championships since 1991 when USC joined the SEC (3 to 1) and (overall 7 to 1)
- Florida has more NCAA Tournament appearances at 33 to 31

There is not much difference in the programs despite what some on this board may want to believe

LSU is a different animal over everyone in the country, including y'all on your high horses
If I'm not mistaken (and I'm Not) the topic of this thread is "Florida Fans." But go ahead and feel free to talk about LSU if you want. While your at it you can discuss Georgia, Ohio St, and any other fan base you want since I guess its hard to carry on a conversation about a fan base that doesn't exist.

Top 10 in baseball attendance for 2017:
Top 10 Overall Attendances
1. LSU – 418,291 – 39 games

2. Arkansas – 289,421 – 38 games

3. Ole Miss – 273,448 – 32 games

4. Mississippi State – 272,974 – 34 games

5. South Carolina – 258,407 – 36 games

6. Texas A&M – 185,466 – 37 games

7. Clemson – 180,388 – 40 games

8. Florida State – 177,421 – 42 games

9. Texas – 171,813 – 35 games

10. Florida – 156,768 – 41 games

If I'm not mistaken (and I'm Not) the topic of this thread is "Florida Fans." But go ahead and feel free to talk about LSU if you want. While your at it you can discuss Georgia, Ohio St, and any other fan base you want since I guess its hard to carry on a conversation about a fan base that doesn't exist.

Lol, you brought up LSU, not me, in a lame attempt to bash us. I am simply pointing out they would have had more fans than y'all as well so whats your point? LSU has the best college baseball fan support in the country. Significantly better than both of our programs

Regardless, their fans didn't help them from getting BBQ'd in the series

Lol, you brought up LSU, not me, in a lame attempt to bash us. I am simply pointing out they would have had more fans than y'all as well so whats your point? LSU has the best college baseball fan support in the country. Significantly better than both of our programs

Regardless, their fans didn't help them from getting BBQ'd in the series

No actually, you brought them up in thread post #20, then again, in post #23, then again in post #27........ I'm sensing and obsession here.

Top 10 in baseball attendance for 2017:
Top 10 Overall Attendances
1. LSU – 418,291 – 39 games

2. Arkansas – 289,421 – 38 games

3. Ole Miss – 273,448 – 32 games

4. Mississippi State – 272,974 – 34 games

5. South Carolina – 258,407 – 36 games

6. Texas A&M – 185,466 – 37 games

7. Clemson – 180,388 – 40 games

8. Florida State – 177,421 – 42 games

9. Texas – 171,813 – 35 games

10. Florida – 156,768 – 41 games

5th....& we actually sucked a huge one.

LSU definitely supports their baseball program like no other. 9200 season ticket holders and averaging well over 10,000 per game, which includes all those midweek games. Very impressive. South Carolina has a solid fan base, but Arkansas, Ole Miss & Miss. St. get higher attendance. I wish Florida's was better, but #10 in the nation is nothing to sneeze at.

The lack of shade is something I definitely noticed about McKethan, and figured/hoped they would put up shade if they were going to rehab the stadium.

Meanwhile when they start that project they will be playing all there home games at the local rec center and hopefully sellout the 25man bleachers seats.
They have $40 allocated for baseball facilities and it appears the new AD is moving towards building a new stadium in another part of campus adjacent to the softball complex (which is, also, getting a significant upgrade). Attendance will improve at a new facility that doesn't have the parking and traffic congestion like exists at McKeithan Stadium. Plus there WILL be covered areas of the bleachers, unlike now.

They have $40 allocated for baseball facilities and it appears the new AD is moving towards building a new stadium in another part of campus adjacent to the softball complex (which is, also, getting a significant upgrade). Attendance will improve at a new facility that doesn't have the parking and traffic congestion like exists at McKeithan Stadium. Plus there WILL be covered areas of the bleachers, unlike now.

$40?! Wow! How many new infield rakes will that buy?!

In closing:

cut_off_florida.gif
Why would any opposing fans think highly of us when 50% of our "fans" bash the program, the players, the coaches and ADs constantly? According to them, if we are ever happy about anything, we've "accepted mediocrity."

My understanding is that the 40 million was allocated to upgrade the Mac but that the budget was now going to increase for a completely new stadium

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT