ADVERTISEMENT

Florida game thread

We don’t have enough guys in the box. No pass rush, no numbers when they run the ball. Making this way too easy especially that 3rd down pickup. And when you allow that you can just about guarantee they’ll get points.

Disheartening.

We just look so slow on defense. 3rd and 14, have to get off the field. And don’t give up 13...

But not if we pass incomplete on 1st down and the clock is stopped anyway. Then you are looking at 2nd and 10, 5 seconds have run off the clock...now what do you do? Risk another incomplete pass? Now only 10 seconds off the clock, in a low percentage conversion situation, and Florida now has 3 timeouts?

I get what y’all aren’t saying, but the fact is this makes some sense both ways. At home I think we would’ve come out more aggressive there. But as I mentioned elsewhere, I think a big part of this is managing Jake. He’s playing well with us trying to be more balanced. Let’s not put him in pass happy situations if we don’t have to. 3 and out would’ve been bad enough. But a turnover would’ve been devastating and we’ve seen that from Jake when we are one dimensional.
Jake's been throwing the ball well today. We don't have to throw bombs to keep him going.

Reactions: Carolina4
Prediction .... if we hold them to 0 points on the first drive of the second half we win , if we don’t we lose a close one . Very disappointed in this defense . UF is so predictable and we can’t hold a 2 TD lead . Mizzou shut them down the entire game ... Mizzou !?!! Great job by Bentley and Bmac is the first half .

Well, we did it. Hope you are right.

Reactions: Carolina4
Jake's been throwing the ball well today. We don't have to throw bombs to keep him going.

I get it. As mentioned I understand the other side of the argument too. But let’s not pretend this was some bonehead move by Muschamp to take it into halftime. That’s all.

Now let’s go get 7! Any points would be nice, but 7 better. Would love to crush their spirits here in the 3rd. Enjoy the 4th. That’s not going to happen because that’s not how we do it. But points here would still be awesome.

Bad possession. Can have Denson running East / West. That killed the possession.

But how long they going to allow Florida players to try and rip ball from Jake before the whistle?

Deebo recovering a fumble? Yes!! N

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT