ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Tailgating/Parking ideas

vehemon

Sep 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Now that I know what time the Florida game is starting... started looking into setting up a tailgating area for about 10-15 people with most coming out of town.

On a quick glance, I couldn't find many options on getting 2-4 cars together near the stadium without dumping $600-$1200

It looks like worst case scenario we might just bar hop in the Vista and catch a shuttle 2 hours before the game.

Anyone have any ideas?

I think two years ago we got in some parking spot near Seawells very early and prebought a few spaces for the other cars to arrive later.
One key thing was that the area was gated and locked overnight so we could leave 1-2 cars there and allowed to pick them back up the next day at a decent time in the morning.

Reactions: Tmac069
There are some ‘locals’ that set up parking at abandoned, or closed on the weekend businesses behind Bernie’s chicken. They are out there every game trying to make a few bucks. Most aren’t authorized to set up shop but they do anyway. That would be an option, albeit without ‘facilities’. Literally five or six places like that on the road that runs beside Bernie’s on Bluff Road, two or three blocks from WB as well.

Seawells is a great place to park but unless you have the parking spaces in advance i don't know for sure you can get them on Gameday. A lot of Peeps have gobbled them up before the Season starts.

There are some ‘locals’ that set up parking at abandoned, or closed on the weekend businesses behind Bernie’s chicken. They are out there every game trying to make a few bucks. Most aren’t authorized to set up shop but they do anyway. That would be an option, albeit without ‘facilities’. Literally five or six places like that on the road that runs beside Bernie’s on Bluff Road, two or three blocks from WB as well.
I’m always wary of those that aren’t authorized because a couple years ago they got busted for being in cahoots with a local towing company. You’d pay to park and your car got towed while you were at the game. Stick with the lots across the road from Bernies where they start at $20 and go up, the used car place is the first I think. Those are legit and they’ve been doing it for years, nothing will happen to your car at those.

Which entrance is that?
And they don't tow cars left over night do they?
Gate 12 on Rosewood Drive (near intersection with Bluff).
You cannot leave cars overnight.
https://www.scstatefair.org/football-parking/

For Vandy we parked here. If y'all arrive together, you should be able to park together. They have portapotties in the back of the building. It was a good time. I think it was $30.00. It was an easy out too. Just turned right onto Bluff and straight to the interstate. But get there early. It will fill up.
https://goo.gl/maps/rbCesrfRMV3dbJtB8

A buddy of mine who is also a member of this board is Cat4cocks. He has private lot with 80 spaces on Bluff Rd with Porta Potties. $30.00 each. “Email cat4cocks@yahoo.com
Less than a 1/2 mile from the stadium.

Fyi one solution we have done in the past is have 2 cars that carry the tailgating supplies/coolers/food etc. Those 2 cars park together. The others park wherever and walk to the tailgating spot. Works fine if you can meet everyone before hand and load 2 or so cars with the supplies.
Have fun!

Key rd across from old State Paper parking lot. Grass field next brick building. Get there early enough and you can get a spot under the oak tree. Not as important this time of year but a hot commodity in September and early October. There also is spaces in the Lizards Thicket office building lot. Turn at Bojangles off Bluff rd., down on right, across from Stadium Village.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wjmfour1
Key rd across from old State Paper parking lot. Grass lo next brick building. Get there early enough and you can get a spot under the oak tree. Not as important this time of year but a hot commodity in September and early October. There also is spaces in the Lizards Thicket office building lot. Turn at Bojangles off Bluff rd., down on right, across from Stadium Village.
I parked in the lot on Key Rd for the Vandy game. We exited away from the Stadium towards 77 I believe and the entrance ramp was blocked off by traffic cones. Anyone know if this is how it is every GameDay? Sat in traffic forever to get there and was blocked.

I’m always wary of those that aren’t authorized because a couple years ago they got busted for being in cahoots with a local towing company. You’d pay to park and your car got towed while you were at the game. Stick with the lots across the road from Bernies where they start at $20 and go up, the used car place is the first I think. Those are legit and they’ve been doing it for years, nothing will happen to your car at those.
Agree, sketchy at best. Was only mentioning because the OP mentioned $600 for multiple spots!

I parked in the lot on Key Rd for the Vandy game. We exited away from the Stadium towards 77 I believe and the entrance ramp was blocked off by traffic cones. Anyone know if this is how it is every GameDay? Sat in traffic forever to get there and was blocked.
They’ve screwed the traffic all up for God knows why. The far two right lanes were for 77 towards Charleston and the left two were for 77 Charlotte and if you wanted to go straight. But now it’s only one lane and all their stupid cones everywhere forcing you on to 77 no matter what.

Agree, sketchy at best. Was only mentioning because the OP mentioned $600 for multiple spots!
That’s only for Gamecock park. You can EASILY find good lots with tailgating and park together for $20-40 per car. I just can’t think of any lots you can park overnight besides the RV lot.

I do not know. We use to go either up Shop toward 77 or back up Bluff. I know someone on here said something about traffic pattern changes a while back. I don’t remember hearing that one. I believe they were talking about the Olympia area roads.

Gate 12 on Rosewood Drive (near intersection with Bluff).
You cannot leave cars overnight.
https://www.scstatefair.org/football-parking/

For Vandy we parked here. If y'all arrive together, you should be able to park together. They have portapotties in the back of the building. It was a good time. I think it was $30.00. It was an easy out too. Just turned right onto Bluff and straight to the interstate. But get there early. It will fill up.
https://goo.gl/maps/rbCesrfRMV3dbJtB8
We ended up getting 2 x $60 parking spots in the fairgrounds.

Literally gave up a family reunion to go see that game... Worth it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT