ADVERTISEMENT

Football program on the cheap in the sec

Goose cock

May 12, 2019
....we might as well be on probation. We are handicapped by an incompetent AD, a purely political board, a head coach that is apparently learning on the job, and we keep the majority of the previous staff.

I was hoping to compete with Uga, klempson, UF, and UT. We are competing with Vandy. In the real world....

Why don't you just adopt the mentality just like Christmas? You know, expect nothing and when you get something it's a pleasant surprise. What you want is the gift that keeps on giving and that will never be our football program.

....we might as well be on probation. We are handicapped by an incompetent AD, a purely political board, a head coach that is apparently learning on the job, and we keep the majority of the previous staff.

I was hoping to compete with Uga, klempson, UF, and UT. We are competing with Vandy. In the real world....
It’s new Carolina

Reactions: SOSUSC
Yes, the program is in a box. What you have to hope is that the new DC, whoever that will be, along with the new STC (Lembo) and and an "Offense-first" philosophy from the Head Coach through Bobo, will lead to winning "more with less". IF that happens, then the program will get outside that box and we will be on our way to getting the kind of program we all want. I have absolutely no doubt that Beamer can recruit VERY well. IF he shows next season that he can COACH (or more accurately, effectively manage his coaches) , to go along with his recruiting ability, this program will take off like nothing we have ever seen at USC. We've had Head Coaches whose strength was in doing or managing the "X's and O's", not so much in "recruiting". We've had Head Coaches who were strong recruiters but lacked the "X's and O's" part of the job. Our really successful Head Coaches were strong in the "X's and O's" but a little indifferent when it came to recruiting. We have never had a Head Coach equally or close to equally strong in both phases. If Beamer shows he can do "more with less", we will have a Head Coach for the first time who is a strong recruiter that can "coach". Then, Beamer's recruiting will be even better than we can currently imagine.

You are so miserable all of the time. Why not find another team or take up a hobby? You don't have to live this way.

If we're on the cheap, it's because we have to be on the cheap to remain solvent. We've boxed ourselves into a corner.
We didn't, but someone who should have known better did. He has thrown away millions of dollars, and still has the top job.

Reactions: midline
I think not firing Muschamp last year was the ultimate indication that they were watching the cash more than the viability of the program. The hire of Beamer underscores it even more. USC will eventually find competent leadership and will at least make an effort to make their best effort to right the ship. But that day is a long way off without a lot of light at the end of the tunnel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT