ADVERTISEMENT

For all those praising clempson

The truth hurts. I hope Tanner has faced it and is figuring out how to fix the mess
Last time I talked to him he said even after Spurrier left he'd stay on for a while as consultant and ambassador. That was in better times. I wonder if he sticks with that plan given the trajectory here. As stated above our biggest rivals have flown by us in a mere two years.

Reactions: RashCock
Dude save it. Mizzou has come in the SEC East and won 2 out of 3 titles. You and the rest of the Gamecock nation can sit around and pat Bama on the back all you want but the fact is the East has been easy pickings the last 3 years. To say anything about conferences is stupid. Mizzou and Tx AM are showing the nation that most teams could walk into the SEC and not skip a beat. Mizzou and Tx AM have proven that and somehow people fail to see it.

Forget the SEC... it really has nothing to do with that. I'm talking about Conference Titles, not winning the East, or the Coastal, or whatever. I'm talking about the fact that Clemson has 6 or 7 wins a season BUILT IN to their schedule. They are a massive football school in a conference with exactly ONE other school like them. It's not their fault. Hell I envy it. Yes, they play an awful home schedule most years but they WIN, they are perceived as winners. We beat them like a drum when they won the whole ACC and they go to the Orange Bowl. It never really mattered outside of this state. Clemson is sitting in the sweet spot right now and their conference affiliation will make it next to impossible to knock them out of it.

Forget the SEC... it really has nothing to do with that. I'm talking about Conference Titles, not winning the East, or the Coastal, or whatever. I'm talking about the fact that Clemson has 6 or 7 wins a season BUILT IN to their schedule. They are a massive football school in a conference with exactly ONE other school like them. It's not their fault. Hell I envy it. Yes, they play an awful home schedule most years but they WIN, they are perceived as winners. We beat them like a drum when they won the whole ACC and they go to the Orange Bowl. It never really mattered outside of this state. Clemson is sitting in the sweet spot right now and their conference affiliation will make it next to impossible to knock them out of it.
I'm probably one of the only ones here who looked at conference expansion including Clemson as a positive for us. We could have meetings in a phone booth. I get that. But Clemson would never have the cakewalk you speak about in the SEC. Whenever I read a post like this you're making my case. There are eight "massive" football schools in the SEC.

I'm probably one of the only ones here who looked at conference expansion including Clemson as a positive for us. We could have meetings in a phone booth. I get that. But Clemson would never have the cakewalk you speak about in the SEC. Whenever I read a post like this you're making my case. There are eight "massive" football schools in the SEC.

Being in the SEC is a two-edged sword for sure. We seem to be getting the bad side of blade more than the good.

Reactions: nikolas22
I hate Clemson. Truly, I do. But they're riding high and having way more fun than we are right now. And they're winning. As much as it pains me to say it, they deserve to feel good about their season. Our program, on the other hand, is nothing but a disaster. Not much more to say other than that.

Reactions: nikolas22
Dude save it. Mizzou has come in the SEC East and won 2 out of 3 titles. You and the rest of the Gamecock nation can sit around and pat Bama on the back all you want but the fact is the East has been easy pickings the last 3 years. To say anything about conferences is stupid. Mizzou and Tx AM are showing the nation that most teams could walk into the SEC and not skip a beat. Mizzou and Tx AM have proven that and somehow people fail to see it.

Mizzou would have boat raced your azz the past two years. Fact. And aTm and Mizzou are not "most" teams. Their traditions are better than Clemzin's and neither have sordid and shameful pasts.

They have a great defense. Had a great one last year too. I'm impressed with Venables & how many tackles for loss they seem to get & their D line is very good. Makes me wonder how SC has fallen off as much as we have in such a short period of time.

They have a great defense. Had a great one last year too. I'm impressed with Venables & how many tackles for loss they seem to get & their D line is very good. Makes me wonder how SC has fallen off as much as we have in such a short period of time.
They hired Dan Brooks. We lost Lawing.

this season is starting to feel like the mid 1990s Gamecocks with nicer facilities. Or the early 90s. Or the mid 1990s.

Go hire and up-and-coming head coach without any sons in the coaching profession. Your recruiting will get back on track.

Not to mention cheating like hell and getting away with it.
Yes they do they have Ben paying high school coachs for there players if they are 5 star they get a new car if they just talk to them they get gift cards to outback vac trips all pay For. Do I need to name names

Yes they do they have Ben paying high school coachs for there players if they are 5 star they get a new car if they just talk to them they get gift cards to outback vac trips all pay For. Do I need to name names

Yes, name names. And BTW, Ben who?

They have been out played and out coached in the second half. ND self destructed with drops, penalties, and turnovers.
Your Head coach gets $4M / yr to be able to say "I'm not sure what the problem is ..." and "if anyone has any suggestions, please let us know". And you question Dabo's leadership?
It's interesting how much attention is paid to Clemson cuurently on this board. It is also interesting how much usc is trying to be like big brother Clemson:
1. Adding an education support building - as if education is now important there.
2. Adding a indoor facility - not sure that will help you much since you don't like to hit at practice anyway.
3. Adding more grass, shrubs and trees to try to hide all of the concrete around your stadium.

You can talk about education, build buildings and try to look like Clemson, but all of that isn't necessary. Just do us one favor: Keep extending Spurrier and his staff - since you think he is the greatest thing you have had since sliced bread.

Your Head coach gets $4M / yr to be able to say "I'm not sure what the problem is ..." and "if anyone has any suggestions, please let us know". And you question Dabo's leadership?
It's interesting how much attention is paid to Clemson cuurently on this board. It is also interesting how much usc is trying to be like big brother Clemson:
1. Adding an education support building - as if education is now important there.
2. Adding a indoor facility - not sure that will help you much since you don't like to hit at practice anyway.
3. Adding more grass, shrubs and trees to try to hide all of the concrete around your stadium.

You can talk about education, build buildings and try to look like Clemson, but all of that isn't necessary. Just do us one favor: Keep extending Spurrier and his staff - since you think he is the greatest thing you have had since sliced bread.
You are nobody's big brother. Who's your daddy? Get a life. We arent jealous of anything at clemsux. No buildings, not your clown of a coach. I'll take Spurrier over dumbo any day!

Remember, clemsuxing is still coming! The fall is gonna be hard, too. Cant wait!

You are nobody's big brother. Who's your daddy? Get a life. We arent jealous of anything at clemsux. No buildings, not your clown of a coach. I'll take Spurrier over dumbo any day!

Remember, clemsuxing is still coming! The fall is gonna be hard, too. Cant wait!

So you are happy with the Return on Investment you are gettng for the $$ paid to your CEO?

What major corporation would keep a CEO that says, in the middle of a disaster, "I'm not sure what the problem is, how to fix it and all suggestions from whosoever will are welcome"?

Like I said, from our perspective, please keep that leadership extended.

Last edited:
So you are happy with the Return on Investment you are gettng for the $$ paid to your CEO?

What major corporation would keep a CEO that says, in the middle of a disaster, "I'm no sure what the problem is, how to fix it and all suggestions from whosoever will are welcome"?

Like I said, from our perspective, please keep that leadership extended.

I wouldn't give two chits for a CEO that danced like a teenage girl after beating Wofford

SC is driving a chevette , while Clemson has a vette. You keep thinking Dabo is a fool if that makes you feel good.

Reactions: jblanken64
I wouldn't give two chits for a CEO that danced like a teenage girl after beating Wofford
Dabo has said many times that the fun is in the winning. Clemson celebrates EVERY win. Make fun of us all you want but guess what...it really is fun. Wofford, Notre Dame, whoever. It is FUN. And if we are fortunate enough to beat South Carolina, that will be fun too. And we won't waste our time dismissing your coach for celebrations. We want results. We want fun. And no matter what you say about him, Dabo gives that.

Spurrier 5 Dablow 2 that's the fun in the winning and the facts.
Like I said, do us a favor, keep extending him and his staff. Then let's see what that record looks like over the next few years.

You keep your guys, we'll keep ours and let the teams settle it on the field. Sound like a plan?

Reactions: IMBlessed
Clemson's and Dabo's current successes are the result of Dabo the promoter being able to hype his wins made possible in a very weak ACC. Although we currently have problems in our football program, things eventually should turn around with the next coaching change provided it be the right choice. Hopefully we won't have to witness over a decade of failure like Tennessee has. On the other hand , overall our athletic teams have never been stronger and we have evolved from being a poor independent program floating around aimlessly looking for an identity into an SEC program with great resources that should be at he fore front on college athletics a long as the SEC should last.
Clemson has become a top dog in the lowly ACC in football and unless they again in years to come catch us in the situation we are in now, should not be of too much concern.
Spurrier replaces Holtz and we rose to a new level. Hope the next hire can make our success even more.

Clemson's and Dabo's current successes are the result of Dabo the promoter being able to hype his wins made possible in a very weak ACC. Although we currently have problems in our football program, things eventually should turn around with the next coaching change provided it be the right choice. Hopefully we won't have to witness over a decade of failure like Tennessee has. On the other hand , overall our athletic teams have never been stronger and we have evolved from being a poor independent program floating around aimlessly looking for an identity into an SEC program with great resources that should be at he fore front on college athletics a long as the SEC should last.
Clemson has become a top dog in the lowly ACC in football and unless they again in years to come catch us in the situation we are in now, should not be of too much concern.
Spurrier replaces Holtz and we rose to a new level. Hope the next hire can make our success even more.
I love the "Lowly ACC", weak conference etc talk. Can you tell us all please why usc doesn't schedule these ACC teams every year in order to guarantee multiple victories annually. I'm sure Duke, GT, Miami, FSU, Louisville, and Notre Dame would love to get on your schedule and just lay down to your "connection to the sec" and surrender and automatic victory annually. Wouldn't you want 3 victories /year added to your projected annual victory over Dabo and his boys?

This banter will always exist but please be honest about the two situations. The taters are having a fun season. They've hosted College Game Day and are winning the games that they would have lost 4 seasons ago. We on the other hand are so miserable that we are eating our own on this board. It is what it is but I wish our program was heading in the same direction as theirs.

This is why Clemson is one of the best football jobs in the country. That was their only game this year. They play no other ranked teams. Not one. Their Heisman QB passed for less than 150 yards but its GOOD ENOUGH. Keep in mind, as crappy as we are, we are 1-0 in the ACC against a team that is now 4-1.

where is all the talent in the SEC? No great QBs that I see in the league this year, lot of average looking teams

where is all the talent in the SEC? No great QBs that I see in the league this year, lot of average looking teams

The spread offense is everywhere in high schools, thus colleges as well. Pro-style offenses are a thing of the past for now. It's starting to affect the quality of QBs in the NFL as well.

Reactions: blud_runs_orange
You bozos that are fixated on the Taters kill me. You dumb asses thought that we would keep beating them like a drum. You are the reason they are like cock roaches now.

clemson fans have an argument here....we need someone that can relate with these young players....dabo is by no means a great coach, but hes a great salesman and its working for clemson, hes only as good as the people he has around him....i cant stand him and wanna roll his house with toilet paper(which i could and get away with), but the man understands wuts going on in football right now

I love how we claim dabo isn't a good coach or that he doesn't know xs and os. He won a national championship as a starting wr. He coached at Alabama. He had all acc wideouts every year he was a wr coach at clemson. His teams have won 10+ 4 years in a row. He lost Morris, his best receiver game one, and 9 defensive starters yet this might be his best team ever. Just because he's a country boy from Alabama clearly doesn't make him an idiot. He may be borderline genius. I'm not sure anyone else in the country could recruit to Clemson and build that program better than he has. We look stupid pretending he's stupid. Nationally he's talked about perhaps more than any other coach in America and it's not bad things they're talking about. the media loves him, the players love him, the boosters and fans do etc. We need someone just like him. The man knows how to be a great CFB coach. We can keep making fun of him while he flies further and further past us

Like I said, do us a favor, keep extending him and his staff. Then let's see what that record looks like over the next few years.

You keep your guys, we'll keep ours and let the teams settle it on the field. Sound like a plan?
Yeah, sounds like a plan. And, by the way, Clemson would join the SEC in a hot second. SC blocks Clemson and Florida blocks FSU. It's not fear. FSU and Clemson would love the SEC money.
That's probably the most impressive part of the current situation. Clemson is making the best of what they have. Having fun and winning. It's a great time to be a Clemson fan.
Also, and I mean this with no irony, we truly wish the best for everyone impacted by the rain and flooding. Talking sh*t about football is fun but we genuinely care about how you guys are doing.

In the playoff era it's a detriment to be in the sec. Clemson and FSU make plenty of money where they are. They also have a much easier road to the playoff. Both are better off as far as the playoffs being where they are. They don't need the sec for recruiting or money.

I love how we claim dabo isn't a good coach or that he doesn't know xs and os. He won a national championship as a starting wr. He coached at Alabama. He had all acc wideouts every year he was a wr coach at clemson. His teams have won 10+ 4 years in a row. He lost Morris, his best receiver game one, and 9 defensive starters yet this might be his best team ever. Just because he's a country boy from Alabama clearly doesn't make him an idiot. He may be borderline genius. I'm not sure anyone else in the country could recruit to Clemson and build that program better than he has. We look stupid pretending he's stupid. Nationally he's talked about perhaps more than any other coach in America and it's not bad things they're talking about. the media loves him, the players love him, the boosters and fans do etc. We need someone just like him. The man knows how to be a great CFB coach. We can keep making fun of him while he flies further and further past us

Dude. Don't try and rationalize with some of these folks. Most (not all) of them can't even present an argument without a Clemsux, taters or something similar. They're so stuck on their hatred for us that they can't participate in rational football conversation.

If DABO sucks, like most of them claim, we would not be in this position right now. Anyone who discredits Dabo and how he leads this program isn't very smart and can't possibly be successful leading people in their jobs.

Reactions: jblanken64
They have been out played and out coached in the second half. ND self destructed with drops, penalties, and turnovers.
Why is it so hard to admit that Clemson presently has a better run football program than South Carolina? Better coaching, better talent secondary to better recruiting. They win, Carolina doesn't. And please don't give me ACC vs SEC argument....this Carolina team would be at the bottom of the ACC as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT