ADVERTISEMENT

For everyone that likes Freeze so much...

Just go root for Liberty already! It's not that complicated lmao - we don't want you losers

Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.
7a88822a7bb8aaaf82f1db99c20ef367.jpg

The reason people like Freeze is that he has shown the ability to take a bottom rung SEC team and build them into a competitive team. Ole Miss averaged 8 wins a year under Freeze. Freeze has only had 1 losing season his entire Head Coaching career. He then took Liberty a new FBS team and in less than 2 years has built a winner.

Reactions: Forever Fowl
The reason people like Freeze is that he has shown the ability to take a bottom rung SEC team and build them into a competitive team. Ole Miss averaged 8 wins a year under Freeze. Freeze has only had 1 losing season his entire Head Coaching career. He then took Liberty a new FBS team and in less than 2 years has built a winner.
That's a false narrative. At Ole Miss he was 39-25. He had mostly somewhat mediocre seasons. He had 2 good seasons of 9-4 and 10-3 followed by a 5-7 season. That's hardly the standard we wish to shoot for.

Reactions: uscedge21
That's a false narrative. At Ole Miss he was 39-25. He had mostly somewhat mediocre seasons. He had 2 good seasons of 9-4 and 10-3 followed by a 5-7 season. That's hardly the standard we wish to shoot for.
Nothing I posted was false. 2011 Ole Miss was 2-10 before Freeze took over and was a bottom feeder. Freeze immediately built a winner.
2012 7-6
2013 8-5
2014 9-4
2015 10-3
2016 5-7

He then took over Liberty a new FBS team and went 8-5 his first year, now he has them at 8-0 and ranked in the Top 25.
This is exactly the standard I’d like to hav

Reactions: Forever Fowl
Nothing I posted was false. 2011 Ole Miss was 2-10 before Freeze took over and was a bottom feeder. Freeze immediately built a winner.
2012 7-6
2013 8-5
2014 9-4
2015 10-3
2016 5-7

He then took over Liberty a new FBS team and went 8-5 his first year, now he has them at 8-0 and ranked in the Top 25.
This is exactly the standard I’d like to hav
So you aspire to a team that averages less than 8 wins a season playing in the SEC? I think most Gamecock fans hope for more than that. I sure as hell do. His work at Ole Miss is more indicative of what he would do in the SEC than what he is doing this year at a mid major school.

So you aspire to a team that averages less than 8 wins a season playing in the SEC? I think most Gamecock fans hope for more than that. I sure as hell do. His work at Ole Miss is more indicative of what he would do in the SEC than what he is doing this year at a mid major school.

No doubt he would have had more wins had Ole Miss played in the East.

Some haters out today!!!!

4 years ago Liberty and Coastal were runner ups in the FCS Big South. Now both are top 25 FBS and we suck so yall can rip on their coaches but look where we all are
Makes you wonder how they and other schools like Tulsa, Boise, etc get it right the majority of the time and we almost never do.

Reactions: LBGCOCK and cadcock
No doubt he would have had more wins had Ole Miss played in the East.
Perhaps, but even if he won 8 or even 9 games a year, that would never be enough to win any sort of championship - divisional or conference.

Liberty is 8-0, and nationally ranked. Despite limited resources that little program is the best team in the state of Virginia. Who do you have in mind that is better?
[/
So is Dabo

Despite limited resources? Have you seen the facilities they have? That’s part of the reason they had to go independent.. no conference they were realistically trying to join would take them... they’re annual enrollment is close to 90k per year bc of online school.. they’re swimming in cash and have the facilities, and paying Hugh Freeze 3 million a year is a testament to that.

Last edited:
Perhaps, but even if he won 8 or even 9 games a year, that would never be enough to win any sort of championship - divisional or conference.
I doubt Nick Saban would do much better here than 9 wins a season over the next 6 years. Not saying Freeze is the right guy, but an 8 or 9 win average for the next 5 years or so is very optimistic.

I doubt Nick Saban would do much better here than 9 wins a season over the next 6 years. Not saying Freeze is the right guy, but an 8 or 9 win average for the next 5 years or so is very optimistic.
Didn’t we make to Atlanta with 9 wins? Then won our bowl game and got to 10? Look at who he had to coach against tho, saban and Bama, LSU, aTm, Auburn, and Dan Mullen was at miss St... it’s a wonder he’s did as good as he did. Coming to the more manageable division, he could probably do a little better. He had some studs on D when he was Ole Miss, brought in Robert Khemdiche and if he comes here, he’ll have Burch and Pickens to play around w on defense and Luke Doty can be his new Chad Kelley until Gunner Stockton gets on campus, assuming he still comes... and didn’t he recruit AJ Btrown and DK Metcalf to Ole Miss, he left Ole Miss in 2017 and they both got on campus in 2016.. we could use some of that at WR..

How long have some of you been SC fans. Spurrier averaged 7.8 wins per year. I think I can live with 8 or 9 games a year.

Seeing as how we've won one conference championship in the last 50 years 8 or 9 wins every year sounds wonderful. Plus it means a bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT