ADVERTISEMENT

Former Miss USA/Carolina grad commits suicide

She finished as one of the top 10 most beautiful women in the known universe, was very smart and a great athlete.

What in the world could make a young lady want to end all that?
The pressure on women to stay young and beautiful for society can have a negative impact to some psychologically. Similar to how some men go overboard in the gym to feel like a real man. Here's an article on her speaking on growing older.

The pressure on women to stay young and beautiful for society can have a negative impact to some psychologically.
I read years ago that attractive women have some of the hardest times adjusting when their looks fade with age.
In the article, she mentions deleting hurtful comments/emojis.

If not careful, one can allow the cruelest of the world into their personal lives.

My heart goes Out to Her Family and Friends. When a Loved One/Close Friend Commits Suicide it leaves a lot of Unanswered Questions. It was truly One of the Saddest, Most Saddest Day in my Whole Family's History.
We as a family were Forever Changed from it. Similar to this the person was Very Young and Had the Rest of His Life Ahead of him.

May God Wrap His Arms Around Her Mother and Father, the rest of her family and anyone else who has been impacted by this tragedy.

Super sad. Beautiful woman. I read where she was insulted online by racists, attacking her with racial epithets and calling her ugly. I honestly dont understand how someone could be so cruel. The death of a young person is bad enough but the suicide makes it that much sadder. Along with my 1st cousin and my sr. prom date, I have had 3-4 other close friends of mine choose to take their lives and the impact of it never fades away.

I do not understand, maybe because I have never been on Twitter, instagram or any other social site except this one. So, if someone insults you on the internet why not quite reading or listening if it makes you miserable? Is it not like people that you don’t want to talk to - you just avoid them and erase them from your mind? Are such sites addictive like dope and you are hooked? Any insight would be appreciated.

Reactions: TAV31
I do not understand, maybe because I have never been on Twitter, instagram or any other social site except this one. So, if someone insults you on the internet why not quite reading or listening if it makes you miserable? Is it not like people that you don’t want to talk to - you just avoid them and erase them from your mind? Are such sites addictive like dope and you are hooked? Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes, very addictive.

There are a lot of articles out there on how sites like Facebook, Twitter (and I assume a lot of newer ones more popular with younger people) are populated by people that bully other people.

Twitter, and especially Facebook have ruined millions of friendships and caused all sorts of serious problems. On a site like Twitter you are more likely to see people "ganging up" on other people with the insults.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Thanks. Getting bullied on a social website seems crazy to me when you can just turn it off. But I do understand addiction and those too weak to turn it off get what they get. Correct?

Sad sad sad. I will see if I can find out more about Why, I played golf with her uncle yesterday. She was gorgeous, wealthy, smart and athletic, you just can’t understand it sometimes. Sad sad sad
Let me get this straight - You're going to ask a golfing buddy a personal question about a family tragedy and share it with complete strangers? I can't wait for this answer!!!

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Thanks. Getting bullied on a social website seems crazy to me when you can just turn it off. But I do understand addiction and those too weak to turn it off get what they get. Correct?

Yes - They can turn it off but I think after reading people bullying you or insulting you in terrible ways, people start to believe the people insulting them are correct even though they obviously don't know the person.

I read that she struggled with severe depression. I've lot more than one person I cared about to that. I don't understand it, but there is no denying it's a real thing for some people. Everyone has their issues/weaknesses. Glad I avoided that one. Wouldn't be surprised if this pandemic mess amplified the issue.

Unfortunately seeking help for depression problems is still a stigma in our society, especially among those who have not currently been enlightened.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT