ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin doesn't get these guys ready to go on the road

As I said in a previous thread....they play the road games like they just woke up from a 3-day bender and put on concrete tennis shoes. They have absolutely no enthusiasm, just going through the motions....and being extremely sloppy with the ball. This wasn't even a decent SEC team...and we looked like the Keystone Kops against them.

Reactions: 67gamecock
At this point for the guys that have played the last couple of years, and the vast majority of the minutes this year, Frank ain't the darn problem. The problem is the players lack of commitment on the road. Heavy legs today. Lack of focus. Embarrassing at best.

Last edited:
Y'all sound like taters. You are the embarrassment. Wanting just 2-3 w's in the SEC Tourney and just 1 win in the NCAA? With fans like you, why should the team strive for anything more?

And for the record, it is Frank's fault. This is his team. They are his players, running his system. He's paid a lot of money to put a team on the floor that's supposed to fight every game.

All I want is 2 or 3 wins in the SEC Tournament and a win in the NCAA and I'll be happy for the team this year.

"all you want"???? good lord man that is pretty high expectations considering the Gamecocks have not won a game in the NCAA since Nixon was president, you are basically saying "all I want is for them to outperform how they have done in the last 45 years" as if that is setting the bar low or something

Reactions: gamecockblack
You know AC, I usually give you a pass because your posts sometimes seem, well ill informed or without merit. But surely even you must know, we are an older team with some young guys getting minutes. It's not like these guys haven't seen this team before. We have 5 of our 6 losses on the season to road games. Less than we have won on the road this year. It was go time. We suffer for road losses more than we get for road wins. Shut up. You obviously have no clue, but you do have a keyboard. Road losses weigh heavier than road wins. We should EXPECT to win at home, and the team needs to expect to win on the road. This team should know that by now.

Reactions: whythis28
The problem in most of our losses continue to be our Guard play.

The problem in most of our losses continue to be our Guard play.

And lack of production from our post players. Pretty much when we lose it's usually players who aren't Carrera, though today MSU did a good job not fouling Carrera for the most part and he didn't score when he had it under the basket.

Frank ain't the problem. Y'all are idiots
sully u are correct,does idiots on this board just like to bitch and bitch,I don't like to loose it's part off the game,I'm sure Frank is doing the best he can,and he is not shooting the BB.love my gamecocks,win or loose,hope your all feel the same way. Go Cocks

Last edited:
Frank's coaching ain't the problem, but how much we progress after this year depends on the offensive ability he can bring in here. You can only go so far on tough defense and banging the boards. Frank needs to keep doing what he's doing, but doing it with more firepower. Otherwise, his window for success here will close and it would be a shame.

on the road they look like crap....that doesnt bode well for the sec tourney or the ncaa tourney, cuz last time i looked those arent at home....neutral court sure, but they need to bring the same intensity they do at home....i just dont see it on the road....if they are able to do that, they could make some noise in the sec/ncaa tourney

Reactions: GSGP69
The curious thing is we still can't defend the 3.a basic basketball function we have failed to improve. When the committee looks at South Carolina what will they see? Great hustle, strong boards, heart . Bad road losses to weak teams in Conference can't defense the 3. We'd be on the road most likely playing a team that shoots 3's what will happen? We had 2 chances blew both. It's maddening . Why can't we defend the 3 or beat poor teams away from home? this one hurt for a ncaa bid. Got to win next game big stop the 3.

Why do we keep losing on the road pepsi or do you ever give an opinion ?
We "dont keep losing on the road". We've beaten TAMU and Ole Miss and Clemson etc..we are 8-5 on the road. We are the second best road team in the SEC and the team thats #1, we beat them at their house.

The Gamecocks are 4-0 on neutral courts this season.
true, but the level of competition wasnt the same either....if they can bring the same intensity they do at home (other than the kentucky game), their gonna be hard to beat

We "dont keep losing on the road". We've beaten TAMU and Ole Miss and Clemson etc..we are 8-5 on the road. We are the second best road team in the SEC and the team thats #1, we beat them at their house.
Agree, and we also lost to the 2 worst teams in the SEC.

It ain't the coaching. It's about 2 or 3 wasted scholarships that causes these losses we have.

Why isn't it the coaching or the coach? I don't know but you don't know either. Maybe they eat the wrong type of food or at the wrong time. There must be something there if they have no energy or don't appear to be ready.

The Gamecocks are 4-5 on the road this year. They haven't had that many road wins in a season in seven years. In the previous 6 seasons combined, they are 11-55 on the road.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
The Gamecocks are one game under .500 on the road. Here is a list of all the SEC teams who are better this season:

(none)

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-rpi

Even the best teams are just about break even on the road. I dont know why road games are so hard. Maybe because at times the crowds are dead and the teams have no energy? I dont know. But I think South Carolina sitting at 32 still has some work do to. If you get on the other side of 40 RPI then (with all the automatic bids) you start sweating a little bit about making the dance.

This is Frank's best team since he's been here. Next year's team will likely take a step back. This year's team lost a couple on the road he should have won, but probably won one we likely wouldn't win again in a do-over (TAMU). My beef with Frank is his public persona and actions, although I admit he's better this year, and the fact that his recruiting failures outnumber his successes. The fact that the Cola area produce 3 legit D-1 players these past 2 years and he got only one of them tells me all I need to know. It's his 4th season and he hasn't convinced the locals that he's the guy. Great coaches typically establish themselves in the first 2 years on the recruiting trail.

This is Frank's best team since he's been here. Next year's team will likely take a step back. This year's team lost a couple on the road he should have won, but probably won one we likely wouldn't win again in a do-over (TAMU). My beef with Frank is his public persona and actions, although I admit he's better this year, and the fact that his recruiting failures outnumber his successes. The fact that the Cola area produce 3 legit D-1 players these past 2 years and he got only one of them tells me all I need to know. It's his 4th season and he hasn't convinced the locals that he's the guy. Great coaches typically establish themselves in the first 2 years on the recruiting trail.
Translation = I wish Gregg Marshall would do to me what Peyton did to that trainer.

Reactions: pepsicock
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-rpi

Even the best teams are just about break even on the road. I dont know why road games are so hard. Maybe because at times the crowds are dead and the teams have no energy? I dont know. But I think South Carolina sitting at 32 still has some work do to. If you get on the other side of 40 RPI then (with all the automatic bids) you start sweating a little bit about making the dance.

USC's RPI stands at 40 right now. They can move it back up with some wins, but they're starting to play themselves onto the bubble. Still safe right now though.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
Carolina is 4-5 on the road. To put it in perspective, only Alambam and Ole Miss have more road wins. Kentucky is 3-7 and A&M is 4-5.

Bottomline is the regular season title was our for the taking and we pooped the bed. With 2 road games against teams with losing records.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT