ADVERTISEMENT

Frank's optimism makes me a little optimistic.

Jon Snow

Dec 17, 2012
Looking ahead to basketball, Frank seems to think this team will be a lot better than last year. Last year wasn't great, it wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible. If this team really improves at the point, adds an improved game on the wings, and the bigs are as improved as Frank says, this could be a dark horse tournament team.
My so-damned-early-its-ridiculous prediction: 10-3 non-conference, 10-8 in SEC play. If the league carries a strong ranking, 20-11 (plus a win in the SEC tourney), 21-12 gets us in. If not, its a good team for the NIT. Or, my prognostication may be worthless and something way different happens.

What was your preseason football prediction
Do we have to bring that up? Honestly, I thought 9-3 possible, 10-2 with a crap-ton of luck was a best case, but figured 8-4. Thought we would look much better, though.

1 ncaa in 6 years. Completely new team every year. I think frank is a great coach at developing a team on a yearly basis but not so great at developing a program ie. Finding under the radar guys, and developing them and keeping us consistently winning.

Looking ahead to basketball, Frank seems to think this team will be a lot better than last year. Last year wasn't great, it wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible. If this team really improves at the point, adds an improved game on the wings, and the bigs are as improved as Frank says, this could be a dark horse tournament team.
My so-damned-early-its-ridiculous prediction: 10-3 non-conference, 10-8 in SEC play. If the league carries a strong ranking, 20-11 (plus a win in the SEC tourney), 21-12 gets us in. If not, its a good team for the NIT. Or, my prognostication may be worthless and something way different happens.
Only problem is that the league has been recruiting lights-out lately and will be improved overall this year. Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, and Mississippi State could all be ranked, with Texas A&M and LSU not far behind. So, even if the team is better, it may not show in the record. It would be quite a surprise if USC made the NCAA tourney and that's the ultimate measuring stick.

The only thing FFF is sure about is that his vacation will commence in March. 10-8 in the SEC? Did most SEC teams load up on brick handed, lead footed comrades from Chernobylstan too? I'm optimistic that FFF will yowl and scowl us to another season of watching paint dry, then his unhinged groupies will insist he needs 38 more years and a 17 trillion dollar contract extension.

Only problem is that the league has been recruiting lights-out lately and will be improved overall this year. Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, and Mississippi State could all be ranked, with Texas A&M and LSU not far behind. So, even if the team is better, it may not show in the record. It would be quite a surprise if USC made the NCAA tourney and that's the ultimate measuring stick.

LSU is in trouble. Will Wade not smart enough to keep his hands (texts) out of cheating directly and let other parties do that for him.

He needs to take the master class from Williams, Self, Calapari and K on how to get away with buying recruits.

1 ncaa in 6 years.

This.

Can anyone who isn't on bath salts honestly say that he and Tanner are doing a good job? Seriously, and Frank will bitch when the CC isn't packed the first few games when we play the University of I-26 or Colleton County State.

What a joke. Tanner has zero business running our program.

Last edited:
This.

Can anyone who isn't on bath salts honestly say that he and Tanner are doing a good job? Seriously, and Frank with bitch when the CC isn't packed the first few games when we play the University of I-26 or Colleton County State.

What a joke. Tanner has zero business running our program.
What about the high-functioning bath salts addicts? Maybe they are satisfied with the status quo.

Still can’t believe an in state kid won’t give us the time of day. Hard to envision sustained success without that improving.
I’ll take a wait and see approach for this season. Just don’t think the shooting will be there...again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT