ADVERTISEMENT

"Freeze's Defiance Could Lead To Ole Miss Downfall"

wallycock

Oct 11, 2001
Read this! Looks like Ole Miss could be in a lot more trouble than first thought, mainly due to the arrogance of it's HC. The article mentions things like:

• "the meteoric rise of Ole Miss' recruiting"
• an asst. coach who said, "they thought they were invincible just because they believed certain things".... although he didn't say what those things were.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...miss-rebels-defiance-lead-their-ncaa-downfall

Last edited:
Reactions: brianlafe
Tell em to call UnCheat and ask how to make it go away.

North Carolina's cheating was different, NCAA says they have to pass so many credits, which they did,doesn't say anything about how tough the class has to be.. It couldn't be any easier than UT's chair stacking classes from the late 90's early 2000's. I am not sure what the organization who determines if a college is an accredited university or not is called, they are the ones who should be on UNC. They were the group that put Auburn on accreditation probation for having online independent studies for football players, got their attention too. Making a university's diploma a useless piece of paper has a way of waking up a BOT.

OM was buying players, plain and simple, got caught and now upset with people who turned them in, not for cheating, just the "snitches". Richt was supposely one, wouldn't shock me if SOS was one if you recruited much against OM. I know SOS is a touchy subject here now for the last couple of years, but he was a stand up guy and run a clean program his entire career, he just had a career that lasted a couple years to long.

SAACS did put UNC on probation. Maybe they can hang a banner for the only Tier 1 school to ever be placed on probation by their accreditation body.

So, the lesson is, don't cheat to get them to bring them in, but once they are in, you can do any and everything necessary to make sure they are able to remain academically eligible to play....

North Carolina's cheating was different, NCAA says they have to pass so many credits, which they did,doesn't say anything about how tough the class has to be.. It couldn't be any easier than UT's chair stacking classes from the late 90's early 2000's. I am not sure what the organization who determines if a college is an accredited university or not is called, they are the ones who should be on UNC. They were the group that put Auburn on accreditation probation for having online independent studies for football players, got their attention too. Making a university's diploma a useless piece of paper has a way of waking up a BOT.

OM was buying players, plain and simple, got caught and now upset with people who turned them in, not for cheating, just the "snitches". Richt was supposely one, wouldn't shock me if SOS was one if you recruited much against OM. I know SOS is a touchy subject here now for the last couple of years, but he was a stand up guy and run a clean program his entire career, he just had a career that lasted a couple years to long.

SS's comments at his last SEC Media Days appearance were odd to me at the time, but proved to be telling. He said, "There are two things that get coaches fired, losing and cheating .... AND I'M NOT GOING TO CHEAT!!! He was quite emphatic about it. My guess is he knew who was doing what, but didn't want to throw anyone under the bus then and there.

Read this! Looks like Ole Miss could be in a lot more trouble than first thought, mainly due to the arrogance of it's HC. The article mentions things like:

• "the meteoric rise of Ole Miss' recruiting"
• an asst. coach who said, "they thought they were invincible just because they believed certain things".... although he didn't say what those things were.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...miss-rebels-defiance-lead-their-ncaa-downfall

I think this will end up like the Butch Davis situation @ North Carolina. Seems very similar....

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tch-davis-fired-north-carolina-football-coach

SAACS did put UNC on probation. Maybe they can hang a banner for the only Tier 1 school to ever be placed on probation by their accreditation body.

They aren't, Auburn was only a few years back for independent study classes that didn't require the students to do anything other than register for the class, Word got out and quite a few non athletes got in on it and SAACS investigated and found the class had no syllabus, required no readings, no papers or attendance, just sign up and get your A.

I think the only way they avoid major penalties is to fire Freeze...have to avoid LOIC or you are sunk. How do you not if you want to make peace with the NCAA....they may accept his firing and lay off some.

Many if not most OM fans had rather leave the SEC than fire Freeze, they keep claiming he is innocent, he sure doesn't have the look of an innocent man.

In all seriousness who didn't see this coming miles down the road . I mean Ole Miss hasn't been Revelent since Eli was there . All of a sudden out of the blue Three of the top 10 recruits in the country with ZERO ties to OM just randomly decide "Hey let's all go to Ole Miss " And now they are being investigated... what a shocker that is .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT