ADVERTISEMENT

Funny that the Secondary is quitting....

gamecockfan04

Aug 13, 2003
Seems like they quit before the season began (Auburn the Exception). As bad as they've been I think its funny how they all seem to think they are gonna make it in the NFL. Horne may be the exception but Im sorry I dont see Izzy or RJ making it, they needed more game reps and all of them need a new attitude!
We will see though, but if you dont want to play ...BYE!

Izzy will be in the NFL. He will be impressive at the combines and you can't teach what he has and can play two position. Probably a Round 3-5 pick.

Izzy will be in the NFL. He will be impressive at the combines and you can't teach what he has and can play two position. Probably a Round 3-5 pick.

I tend to agree someone will take him but just curious is there a standard for someone sitting out multiple regular season games to get ready for the draft? Obviously skipping bowls has become common, but I can’t help but think skipping regular season games will only hurt the draft stock and cast doubt on how good of a teammate these guys will be

I tend to agree someone will take him but just curious is there a standard for someone sitting out multiple regular season games to get ready for the draft? Obviously skipping bowls has become common, but I can’t help but think skipping regular season games will only hurt the draft stock and cast doubt on how good of a teammate these guys will be
Joey Bosa started the trend and the NFL didn’t care.

Seems like they quit before the season began (Auburn the Exception). As bad as they've been I think its funny how they all seem to think they are gonna make it in the NFL. Horne may be the exception but Im sorry I dont see Izzy or RJ making it, they needed more game reps and all of them need a new attitude!
We will see though, but if you dont want to play ...BYE!
Does RJ really say he is opting out to prepare for the draft? Horn I agree will get drafted... Izzy has barely PLAYED this year and had ONE good game last season?? Not sure he will even get drafted IF he gets healthy enough to participate in the combine... If he does not get healthy I feel pretty confident he will NOT get drafted. JMHO... but RJ.., Seriously? Surely nobody has told him he is headed for the NFL after this year? Shame to see someone flush their career down a toilet because of over inflated expectations...

Reactions: DeBoer31
Joey Bosa started the trend and the NFL didn’t care.
There is a difference between Bosa, or Christian Mcaffrey doing it before a bowl game- sure fire first round pics skipped one meaningless bowl game vs a MAYBE second rounder and a couple others who aren’t even likely to get a sniff quitting mid-season. Someone has given a few of our guys really bad advice it seems. Not the first time it has happened.

There is a difference between Bosa, or Christian Mcaffrey doing it before a bowl game- sure fire first round pics skipped one meaningless bowl game vs a MAYBE second rounder and a couple others who aren’t even likely to get a sniff quitting mid-season. Someone has given a few of our guys really bad advice it seems. Not the first time it has happened.
Im not disagreeing only saying that the NFL doesn’t care about this if they think you can help them win.

Reactions: DrMickey

100%. Loads of raw talent and has all the physical attributes. Just need the coaching. Should be 1st rounder.

Reactions: rogue cock
Does RJ really say he is opting out to prepare for the draft? Horn I agree will get drafted... Izzy has barely PLAYED this year and had ONE good game last season?? Not sure he will even get drafted IF he gets healthy enough to participate in the combine... If he does not get healthy I feel pretty confident he will NOT get drafted. JMHO... but RJ.., Seriously? Surely nobody has told him he is headed for the NFL after this year? Shame to see someone flush their career down a toilet because of over inflated expectations...

I thought I remember seeing Todd McShay say Izzy was projected in the 1st round BEFORE THE SEASON started.. obviously I think that’s changed now, but I just remember thinking, why Horn wasn’t but Izzy was, idk where either of them stand now, think I read Jaycee is the DB6 on the draft board but I could be wrong

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Im not disagreeing only saying that the NFL doesn’t care about this if they think you can help them win.
I know- I am not implying these guys are not getting drafted because they left early. At worst it may lead to an extra question tossed into their interviews about character or dealing with adversity... I am saying RJ and Izzy are jot close to the hype Horn has as a high draft pick. Horn is project late first/ second round by most. At worst he might fall to the third depending on individual evals and team needs. Izzy had some hype after the UGA game last year, but he has been injured on and off all season and has literally gotten TOASTED when he was out their quite often. I just have not heard people taking about him in the top 3 rounds or so for some time. RJ is not a pro prospect currently, and obviously that freshman DL is not eligible, I assume he is planning to come back here or transfer next year.

Reactions: cockyferg
I thought I remember seeing Todd McShay say Izzy was projected in the 1st round BEFORE THE SEASON started.. obviously I think that’s changed now, but I just remember thinking, why Horn wasn’t but Izzy was, idk where either of them stand now, think I read Jaycee is the DB6 on the draft board but I could be wrong

Because the Georgia game last year. That’s really by far his best game. Didn’t do a whole lot otherwise.

Funny how the secondary only played well against Auburn this year.....T Robb's alma mater. That struck me funny when it happened....DURING the game. It was almost like he prepared for that game all year, but nothing else. Mahlzan's offense is unique....and the skill pieces they have are really good(QB,RB,WR) so I just can't see how they could do that well against a tough offense and get torn apart by every other offense that is more commonly seen and prepared for weekly.

I don't know who's going to replace Roderick. I do know they can't POSSIBLY be worse than he was.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I don't know who's going to replace Roderick. I do know they can't POSSIBLY be worse than he was.
Zaquandre White has asked to move from RB to safety. He's on the KO coverage team, so presumably he knows how to tackle. Might be a liability in pass coverage. But I sure do like his attitude. There are guys quitting (I understand why) but he wants to do whatever to get on the field.

We're going to get boat raced. We better get some real creativity on offense, and fast. The good news is we have players on offense who can make a real difference who rarely see any playing time. Guys with a bunch of *s after their names who are warming the bench.

Last edited:
Zaquandre White has asked to move from RB to safety. He's on the KO coverage team, so presumably he knows how to tackle. Might be a liability in pass coverage. But I sure do like his attitude. There are guys quitting (I understand why) but he wants to do whatever to get on the field.

We're going to get boat raced. We better get some real creativity on offense, and fast. The good news is we have players on offense who can make a real difference who rarely see any playing time. Guys with a bunch of *s after their names who are warming the bench.
Don’t hold your breath on the offense. According to Bobo we only have one competent offensive player and the other 10 are just out there making him look bad.

Don’t hold your breath on the offense. According to Bobo we only have one competent offensive player and the other 10 are just out there making him look bad.
He's not far off the mark as far as the current offense. But he's thinking the good player is Hill. It's Harris and of course there's Shi.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Not to mention the Arden Key who wasn't allowed to play his last several games for violation of team rules. NFL couldn't care less what happened in college.
This is true if you’ve actually proven yourself in college. I wish Mukuamu the best regardless but his reputation is based on performance in one game and measurables. Outside of that game, he has been largely average, and sticking around could have given him an opportunity to show improved performance.

Reactions: TheReelEss
He routinely got smoked by #2 receivers. He may have first round measurables, but not 1st round talent or skill. I think if he goes 1st round, he will be considered a bust in a few seasons

Correct. Let's see if all of his upside, which is vast, can be unearthed with true coaching/development.

Preseason Izzy was projected to go ahead of Horn.

He’s been injured all season, but his size and ability ranks him off the charts. If he can heal up and do well at the combines, he’ll get drafted high just off of his measurables.

Reactions: TheReelEss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT