ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1

ESPN hates us. That's why we couldn't watch the end of the game. :D

It does seem like old Gamecock luck. If we had been losing we would have gotten perfect TV reception. I remember when we were playing Pitt back in the late 70s or early 80s and we were losing, but not too badly, the network switched to another game because they said our game was not very competitive. While we ended up losing the game, we did come back and make it very respectable as I recall.

But it was the ultimate insult to be taken off the air during the course of a game because a team was not playing well. That was the only game that I ever recall that was taken off the air because a team was not playing well. And boy did we catch it from the taters.

Last edited:
It does seem like old Gamecock luck. If we had been losing we would have gotten perfect TV reception. I remember when we were playing Pitt back in the late 70s or early 80s and we were losing, not too badly, the network switched to another game because they said our game was not very competitive. While we ended up losing the game, we did come back and make it very respectable as I recall.

But it was the ultimate insult to be taken off the air during the course of a game because a team was not playing well. That was the only game that I ever recall that was taken off the air because a team was not playing well. And boy did we catch it from the taters.
Definitely was Gamecock luck man. Did you hear the announcers when we got the lead? Almost tearful

Don't count us out y'all we're as good as anybody right now

I stated in a post last night the way we have been playing especially towards the end of the season we had a chance to win this regional. And really a chance to go to a Super and do well. Because if you win the last five series at the end of the season in the SEC including teams like Ole Miss, LSU, T&M, you are playing good baseball.

Last edited:
I stated in a post last night the way we have been playing especially towards the end of the season we had a chance to win this regional. And really a chance to go to a Super and do well. Because if you win the last five series at the end of the season in the SEC including teams like Ole Miss, LSU, UGA (I believe) you are playing good baseball.
Vandy. Definitely not Georgia.

Speaking of announcers, I really love Derek Scott as an announcer. He’s very good

Greenville is off US-264 east of Raleigh. Maybe a four-hour drive max for you.

First pitch USC vs ECU-UNCW winner is 5:00pm EDT Saturday. tOSU plays the loser at 12 noon.
It's a long drive, but it's boring as the Dickens. Think of the Pee Dee without the charm.

I actually mentioned it to my wife. If looks could kill . . . . First, she's not much of a baseball fan. Second, just a couple of weeks ago we drove 2 days to and 2 days from our daughter's graduate school graduation. I don't see any long car trips looming in our near future.

It's a long drive, but it's boring as the Dickens. Think of the Pee Dee without the charm.

I actually mentioned it to my wife. If looks could kill . . . . First, she's not much of a baseball fan. Second, just a couple of weeks ago we drove 2 days to and 2 days from our daughter's graduate school graduation. I don't see any long car trips looming in our near future.
With all due respect, it would never occur to me to use Pee Dee and charm in the same sentence.....:eek:

I-95 is a boring drive through much of FL, SC, & NC. In Georgia, I-95 there are several bridges crossing over expansive marshland.

The sacrifices one must make to see the Yardcocks in action (how boring a drive is it to Omaha?).

Reactions: king ward
I stated in a post last night the way we have been playing especially towards the end of the season we had a chance to win this regional. And really a chance to go to a Super and do well. Because if you win the last five series at the end of the season in the SEC including teams like Ole Miss, LSU, T&M, you are playing good baseball.
After the sweep of UT I got beaten up for saying this team reminded me of the Tanner teams with their style. Right now they don't believe any team is better than they are.

Why? He left with a 2-0 lead but we made him pitch count his way out of the game then pounded the so called Superman of closers. We had runners in scoring position but left them stranded when lefty was in. ;)
Why? So we can learn to hit lefty pitching. What did we have? 3 hits in 6 innings?

Why? So we can learn to hit lefty pitching. What did we have? 3 hits in 6 innings?
I know but he was on the bench after about 110 pitches too.If a machine can duplicate a left handed pitcher I'd like to see it a good pitcher is a good pitcher left handed or right handed. JMO of course.

Reactions: rogue cock
Greenville is off US-264 east of Raleigh. Maybe a four-hour drive max for you.

First pitch USC vs ECU-UNCW winner is 5:00pm EDT Saturday. tOSU plays the loser at 12 noon.
According 107.5, all the tickets have been sold and all in booklet form. Meaning they don't have any single tickets to sell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT