ADVERTISEMENT

Game 3 if anyone cares...

Tanner and Pastides should be at the airport to "lane Kiffen" Holbrook...this is absurd...a 1 run lead in the middle innings is a certain loss..they just don't get it done..they invent new ways to blow games in the 8th and 9th...
Local airwaves will be singing the "bad luck" theme again tomorrow instead of holding the staff accountable.

Tanner needs to go to Omaha and start having some back door conversations with whoever it is that he needs to talk to.

Speed up the process. Get it done.

We've seen enough. We've actually seen more than enough.

I am far from a CH supporter and want him gone at the end of this season as much as most. But this one isn't on him.

You guys are going to freak when Tanner keeps Chad.
Sorry, but RT is all too familiar with how keeping an ineffective coach one season too many (Steve Spurrier) can completely destroy a program. He will do the right thing at the end of the season. And, the coaching search for the next HC of our baseball has probably been ongoing for quite some time now. RT is NOT going to fall on the sword for his 'buddy'.

Who cares at this point what happens?? All the sunshine pumpers, that were attacking any and everyone that criticized this coach and or this team, well, i think it has finally gotten to the point many dont even bother to criticize anymore.. That is sadder (IMO) than those that expected more from this team and program, and said so...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jon Snow
I'm thinking back to some of the earlier moments of this season, trying to figure out some of what Chad said publicly. Obviously, just because he makes a statement publicly doesn't mean he says the same thing in a coaches' meeting or with the team. Still...

Fans were audibly concerned about the direction of this team as early as the first weekend of March (Clemson series). Many complained earlier, but I'll discount fans complaining about the team the first 2 weeks of the season. We saw the lack of offense, a poor bullpen, and questionable coaching decisions. All Chad could tell us was that his decisions were the right ones, and that he would do it again.

Then, once the SEC losses starting piling up, he just wanted to remind us: 1. we're still a ranked team and, 2. our RPI is very high, and 3. we'll be fine.

The week of the Florida series he decided to make the fans the enemy with his comment about having fewer fans yell at the team on the road.

A few weeks ago, he tells a reporter that he has the utmost confidence in himself as a coach. Why? What has he accomplished as a head coach to give himself such unwavering confidence that his way works?

Maybe Chad's public comments were meant to instill confidence in his players, and to get them to believe in him. I can understand that, but why was it necessary? These are players who have been in the program for several seasons. If they don't believe in themselves or in the coach, mid-season is too late.

Chad has, IMO, completely lost this team and given up on the season. I don't know what Tanner thinks about him. But I'm sure changes are coming.

I'm thinking back to some of the earlier moments of this season, trying to figure out some of what Chad said publicly. Obviously, just because he makes a statement publicly doesn't mean he says the same thing in a coaches' meeting or with the team. Still...

Fans were audibly concerned about the direction of this team as early as the first weekend of March (Clemson series). Many complained earlier, but I'll discount fans complaining about the team the first 2 weeks of the season. We saw the lack of offense, a poor bullpen, and questionable coaching decisions. All Chad could tell us was that his decisions were the right ones, and that he would do it again.

Then, once the SEC losses starting piling up, he just wanted to remind us: 1. we're still a ranked team and, 2. our RPI is very high, and 3. we'll be fine.

The week of the Florida series he decided to make the fans the enemy with his comment about having fewer fans yell at the team on the road.

A few weeks ago, he tells a reporter that he has the utmost confidence in himself as a coach. Why? What has he accomplished as a head coach to give himself such unwavering confidence that his way works?

Maybe Chad's public comments were meant to instill confidence in his players, and to get them to believe in him. I can understand that, but why was it necessary? These are players who have been in the program for several seasons. If they don't believe in themselves or in the coach, mid-season is too late.

Chad has, IMO, completely lost this team and given up on the season. I don't know what Tanner thinks about him. But I'm sure changes are coming.
yep, any and all fans that showed any concern, were quickly attacked as Anti-Gamecock fans, and told we were bandwagon fans. I expected so much more, after our humiliating losses to Clemmers in football, then in men's bball we had baseball at least, well.... NEVER MIND that. Then getting Humiliated by the Holes, and the sunshine pumpers continued to utter, it is early, give them a chance, and we have players hurt, when they get back, etc etc etc.. So i guess anything less than Omaha in my opinion is a failed season, so if it isnt Omaha, then he needs to be FIRED!!!

As a youngster, these past 3 years have just been unfathomable. I literally have no memory of us being bad until now. Missing post season in 2 of 3 seasons? Losing to Clemson 3 straight years? Either of these things would be unacceptable, doing both is enough to justify a change IMO.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Baseball is a game where if you can play average you can squeak into the playoffs and make a run... even win it all. But you have to be fundamentally sound and have at least an average ability of playing situational baseball. We don't have either. Poor coaching has sucked the life out of this team... and it ended any hope it may have had to do something big.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT