ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer, just happy to be here.

Cockytalk84

Dec 5, 2021
Beamer‘s post game comments, the guy seemed like he really accomplished a win by covering the spread. “We can compete with anyone”. Personally, I would like it if he could win one against a power 5 team. (0-2), and he is happy. WOW. Dead last in the SEC, Dead last in points scored. Next to last in points allowed. The guy is a cheerleader..

Last edited:
Beamer‘s post game comments, the guy seemed like he really accomplished a win by covering the spread. “We can compete with anyone”. Personally, I would like it if he could win one against a power 5 team. (0-2), and he is happy. WOW. Dead last in the SEC, Dead last in points scored. Next to last in points allowed. The guy is a cheerleader..
Take a hike.

I am totally disappointed with a 1-2 start. A loss to UGA isn’t that sad, but this line/running game, well no excuse BAD, I still think Beamer will continue to improve this program, just look at the UGA game (in Athens) this year vs last tray in Cola!! You need to pull for the Taters if you can’t support this coach and program!! Maybe you are a Tater?? That explains it!!

Take a hike.
You are part of the problem, you may be a loser that accepts moral victories, I bet your mama bought you a participation trophy. Every year you guys claim the program is getting better, well i got news for you, it’s not any better than the Muschamp years, probably a little worse. That’s ok give him ten more years. Enjoy being last in the SEC. “Wait till next year”

You are part of the problem, you may be a loser that accepts moral victories, I bet your mama bought you a participation trophy. Every year you guys claim the program is getting better, well i got news for you, it’s not any better than the Muschamp years, probably a little worse. That’s ok give him ten more years. Enjoy being last in the SEC. “Wait till next year”
If you can't see that this team is better and has a "don't quit" attitude go back to taternet.

bachelorette-crying-woman-l9oonmhy6vomt8wk.gif

Reactions: cockofdawn

Any team outside of the Top 5 would have been fine with rolling into Sanford yesterday and only losing by a dime.

Our team has some holes. Some might be fixable but many are a function of talent.

Spurrier's teams had holes too until he started recruiting in the Top 10.

If you're ready to buy us Top 10 recruiting classes, I'm sure the AD Department would leave the door open for you.

Alabama was #3 until they lost the game. The same will apply with UGA.

Same would apply to any team.

Beginning 2017, UGA has lost one single game in their home stadium.

That's one loss over the course of seven years and that loss was to us in 2019.

They have been dominate at home and they've played some of the top teams during that run.

So far this year, UGA does not look like at all as good as they have been the last couple years. And they've started slow in each of the three games.

That being said, we played better in this loss than we did in our loss to UNC. But in the end, that is the trap of moral victories. They dont really mean anything.

If we blow a game to Miss St, that first half of the UGA game will disappear from memory quickly. And oo often we've all sat there wondering why we play a good team closer and wondered why we can't play like that against a team on our level.

Reactions: Jaydawg98
So far this year, UGA does not look like at all as good as they have been the last couple years. And they've started slow in each of the three games.

That being said, we played better in this loss than we did in our loss to UNC. But in the end, that is the trap of moral victories. They dont really mean anything.

If we blow a game to Miss St, that first half of the UGA game will disappear from memory quickly. And oo often we've all sat there wondering why we play a good team closer and wondered why we can't play like that against a team on our level.

Maybe. UGA looked pretty darn good in that 2nd half.

As the announcers touched on yesterday, everyone was saying the same thing the first half of last season and they run the table for their 2nd NC in a row.

I'd be surprised if they lose at home this year.

You're right though. If we don't bring that same intensity against Miss. St,, we could easily get stung. It could be more difficult too after losing a game like yesterday.

There were some good takeaways from yesterday. For example, we can be very effective with those short-medium quick passes versus those Rattler bombs which will take pressure off our non-existent run game. Wish we could replay the UNC game with that mindset.

An L is an L. But I’m not going to be my usual critical and doom and gloom self like I was after the UNc loss. Not after the way they went out and grabbed UGA by the balls and twisted and refused to let go.

No reason why they can’t win out!

• Haha
Reactions: Jaydawg98
But to your point, there is a low probability that we win out. But when you look at any of the games we play, I don't see any that are definite losses. Rattler should keep us in every game and give us a chance to win. But as a realist, I know that we always have at least one inexplicable game where we fall flat for some unknown reason.

I think you're missing the obvious that UGA isn't as good as they were last year.

You mean when they beat the other playoff team in the championship game by 58 points. LOL.

Georgia: 13 five stars, 52 four stars
South Carolina: 2 five stars, 24 four stars

It was a decent game, but no miracle yesterday. No surprise to anybody else outside garnet world. In fact, most were surprised we competed.

And the whole "moral victory means nothing" went out the door in the last few years. It's very clear that it's not just a win/loss/strength of schedule mathematical calculation anymore. How you look, even in a loss, definitely matters.

So, since you are not "part of the problem" and not a loser that accepts moral victories, I'm sure you throw most of your disposable income at the program and NIL. Right?

Because whining on the internet while doing nothing means you actually are accepting mediocrity. If fact, mediocrity is more than you are worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkHorse2001
And the whole "moral victory means nothing" went out the door in the last few years. It's very clear that it's not just a win/loss/strength of schedule mathematical calculation anymore. How you look, even in a loss, definitely matters.

So moral victories mean nothing except when we want to argue that they are a good thing.

Typical

Way too early in the Beamer era to be comparing our program to Georgia. Last year UGA totally dominated and embarrassed us 48-7 in our house. UGA football has always been better than USC football except for a few years during the Spurrier days. Nobody that knows football was predicting a Carolina win Saturday. The team played good at Athens despite the huge gap in recruiting between us and them. Yes we lost, but we were in the game until late in the 4th quarter.

That’s not being fair to your coach. USC has a good football team and a really good QB. Looked like second best team in the SEC East to me. No shame in that.
Well, Carolina football fans always have been satisfied with mediocrity, moral victories and just not being last, so I guess Beamer is perfect for the job.

Well, Carolina football fans always have been satisfied with mediocrity, moral victories and just not being last, so I guess Beamer is perfect for the job.
Exactly. Well said. I DO NOT Accept DEFEAT!!!! I am doing all that I can from behind my computer screen to enact change in USC athletics and get this program on the right track. (sarcasm) When the team loses, it was Beamer's fault. When the team wins, it was in spite of Beamer. When the team plays well, it just wasn't enough. Replacing Beamer would fix all that, cause he is the source of all of the past, present and future woes in Cola. I can't believe the National Championship team I rooted for in the 70's and 80's became this. (sarcasm again)

I didn't see it that way at all.

It's the first SEC game. We played hard. Ran out of steam, and got beat. No reason to be in the dumps. I thought Beamer's comments were on target.

I was not happy at all with hiring Beamer. As a Gamecock fan though I decided to put all that aside and lets see what the guy can do. No doubt he has made some mistakes, but he has also made the team better than it was when he arrived. It is obvious he has us moving in the right direction. I will never bitch about him as long as we continue to improve.

I personally never see us powering into the Top 10 on any consistent basis. We might be able to kiss it now and again. However, our tradition, TV market, and deep pockets just aren't there.

Beamer's approach to coaching has kept things far more interesting that Muschamp's power football mentality. His 2023 recruiting class was good and on par with some of the better we've ever had. The enthusiasm is there. I just don't believe we're in the era where you go out and try to find the perfect head coach anymore and pay him a fortune. It's MoneyBall season now.

I'm hoping the playoffs eventually move to 16 teams - 6 conference champs, 10 wild cards. That might give us an outside chance on occasion to play in a meaningful post season.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
So, since you are not "part of the problem" and not a loser that accepts moral victories, I'm sure you throw most of your disposable income at the program and NIL. Right?

Because whining on the internet while doing nothing means you actually are accepting mediocrity. If fact, mediocrity is more than you are worth.

You want him to spend more money to watch our staff/collectives misspend it?

You want him to spend more money to watch our staff/collectives misspend it?
Why do you believe this? That one loss to UNC? According to reports, they've been able to spend much more on players than we have.

The UNC game did stink. Other than that, we've been looked pretty good in the last 5 of 6 games and all but one of the games was against a ranked opponent.

Last edited:
Why do you believe this?

1) We spent such a large sum of money to get a kid who doesn't want to play the position that makes him valuable and missing out on other recruits because of it.

2) JC the other day posted about spending money on senior players who are in their last year. Completely missing that NIL is best used to attract new players to fix the fairly obvious gaps we have at OL/LB/RB/DE.

Reactions: PaleoCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT