ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Predicts Buth Jones to be gone

Harvard Gamecock

May 5, 2014
Corso already thins he's gone. Finebaum stated if he loses to us next week he would be fired the next day.

Other comments indicate he has lost the locker room.

Man the SEC has some dreadful coaches right now.
One of my sons brought this up last weekend. There could be a lot of coaching jobs open after this season. UT, Ole Miss, TAMU, LSU, Arky, Mizzu, and possibly Auburn or UF.
Unbelievable. That would be over half the conference.

Great. Maybe some people will get behind him getting hired here since we seem to like other schools' failed castoffs.

One of my sons brought this up last weekend. There could be a lot of coaching jobs open after this season. UT, Ole Miss, TAMU, LSU, Arky, Mizzu, and possibly Auburn or UF.

I would argue against LSU. Even if LSU continues a downward spiral, Orgeron buyout is 12 million. Hard to fathom anyone willing to eat that contract.

I heard Tennessee is looking at Jon Gruden...:D

The man hasn't coached since 2008 and his name pops up like he's the answer of all bad football teams...

Tennessee will shell out the bucks needed to buy a brand name coach and then bankroll the 4 and 5 stars out of high school like the clemmons, Auburns, Georgias, Floridas, do and they'll be back in the top ten way before we do. With $mart, $aban, Dabo $weeny, and these others crooks to contend with every year , with these crooked kids and their rich uncles, the IMG Acadamy in Florida wheeling and dealing to get the best athletes to the highest bidders I've pretty much lost faith with the NCAA. Nothing short of an FBI investigation armed with new laws about cheating can change much.They never punish the money hungry athletes with the closet agents who accept deals and shop schools for the most money. It's all $$$$$$$$$

The whole world predicts it, he lost 41-0 last week duh at Tenn. They don't like to lose

The SEC is in a shambles.
Yeah, and the ACC stepped up and hired several good ones. I think Fuentes, Bronco, and Narduzzi are all good hires. Obviously Richt is pretty decent also and with all the Miami talent he might be in his best scenario. Plus he can clean up the U a little. All while the SEC coaching has gone backwards!

Reactions: king ward

LSU isn't gonna fire Ed after one year. His buyout is like 9-12 million and they just paid Miles a huge buyout too.

LSU could or would in a heartbeat if they thought they could/would land a big dog.
You did read the part of a 12 million dollar buy out.
And before anyone says they can afford it, maybe the can, but they would not be able to afford a 12 million dollar buy out and then pay the big money for a home run hire, that could easily run 4 million a year.

Reactions: rogue cock
Corso already thins he's gone. Finebaum stated if he loses to us next week he would be fired the next day.

That

That Corso is a genius only stating the obvious!

Tennseee is like Nebraska... Top 20 job with Top 5 expectations. Just not a top program anymore. Haven’t been “good” since ~2007 or so. Haven’t been “great” since the 90’s

Reactions: memphis cock#
LSU could or would in a heartbeat if they thought they could/would land a big dog.

LSU is stuck with Orgeron. They are still paying $9 million for Les Miles. If they "negotiated" an Orgeron buyout that would be another $9 million (assuming they could save $3 million in negotiations). That's $18 million spent BEFORE signing their next coach.

Unless Orgeron is caught in a scandal (which he won't) LSU is stuck with him for a while. Once most fans realize this they will probably fire the AD though

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I talked with a big Tenn fan and someone who knows some big guns and the word is unless Butch loses the next 2 or so, then he stays through the end of the year. At that point, they already are developing a list of candidates and the top 3 they have discussed are

PJ Fleck
Charlie Strong
Brent Venebales

Interesting choices. I dont think Strong will go to another place that is like Texas in that you are never god enough. Fleck is only one year at a Big ten school so may not go and From inside words, Venables is waiting to take over at Kansas St when Snyder retires. Tenn may end up like us going for the 5th or 6th choice if this is their group. If that is so, they will get another Butch Jones

Reactions: rogue cock
I heard Tennessee is looking at Jon Gruden...:D

The man hasn't coached since 2008 and his name pops up like he's the answer of all bad football teams...

That’s too long out of the loop. Remember the Redskins brought joe Gibbs back after Spurrier but his record was about the same as Spurrier the 2nd time around

Great. Maybe some people will get behind him getting hired here since we seem to like other schools' failed castoffs.
While I realize the sarcasm in your post, I feel it necessary to point out: We have no vacancy currently, and as much as it clearly pains some of the idiots who Post here (not directed at you) WE ARE 4-2 which is a pretty damn good start compared to preseason expectations! So, at this point it isn't likely we will have an opening any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT