ADVERTISEMENT

"Game On?"

I guess "Why not us?" was already taken

I would of preferred
6a6dc4da59e3c5dd02213ee1cf2cece8.gif

Its called encouragement, motivation, being a coach. Not giving up, along those lines.
Don't have a problem with the message ... just the timing. Being a coach was missing the last full week in November. As for giving up, the team and the staff already did that the Saturday after Thanksgiving!

While the end of the National Championship Game marked the end of the 2016-2017 season, it also ushered in the start of the 2017-2018 season. While Muschamp's text could have been related to the fact that the rival team had won the game, it could have also been his way a signaling in a new season, where everyone has a clean slate and record.

Reactions: cocky lady
That may have been a more appropriate post to send to the team about 45 days earlier, since a 56-7 butt-kicking doesn't seem to have been much of a game to most Gamecock fans. Nice timing, Will.
I think he meant that the bar has been set.

Reactions: nikolas22
Don't have a problem with the message ... just the timing. Being a coach was missing the last full week in November. As for giving up, the team and the staff already did that the Saturday after Thanksgiving!
Jesus you are one ignorant Whitney BITCH!
We got our asses whooped by the NATIONAL CHAMPS, GTF OVER IT.
You are just dying to find something to cry about... go drown your sorrows some where, and get bandaid for that ass. Our coach is setting the bar at the championship level, that is what he should be doing.

You are just dying to find something to cry about... go drown your sorrows some where, and get bandaid for that ass. Our coach is setting the bar at the championship level, that is what he should be doing.
Calm yourself. No need for all that.

To all Clemson fans and make believe Gamecocks, the 2017 NC is over as well as the 2016 football season. Believe me, Dabo and his team didn't do themselves any favors winning 56-7. Going into this year Carolina should be able to more than hold their own. Make no mistake Carolina will return and when we have the best team payback will be hell for Clemson . Now enjoy your natty and get ready for some ass whippins.

Sounds like he is ready to go get some players that can compete. What do you want him to say, I give up?
Yeah, it's all about recruiting isn't it? He's the head coach, right? Did he have them READY to compete in the Clemson game? That's what I thought!
Having a bad hair day, sweetie? LOL!

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Look at it this way:

You think Spurrier would give a shit if Clemson won the Natty?
You'd think this would sting him somewhat since he was as responsible for it as Dabo was! He HAS to know that, but his arrogant self is enjoying the fact they booed him for his PAST success before he quit working!

While the end of the National Championship Game marked the end of the 2016-2017 season, it also ushered in the start of the 2017-2018 season. While Muschamp's text could have been related to the fact that the rival team had won the game, it could have also been his way a signaling in a new season, where everyone has a clean slate and record.
I took it as precisely that! He inherited what was on the field this year (Spurrier's quitting on recruiting)! He clearly said without insulting his players what he needed to compete! November was a huge part of that (Clemson's finest against one of our worst), and he's planning to recruit and bring us back to where we were - which was pretty high before Spurrier quit recruiting - and we defintinitely dominated Clemson while he was doing his job! I'm so hoping this woke him & those freshmen players up to where they don't want to feel that again and will make sure it doesn't come close to happening again. Time will tell but Clemson doesn't have room for ALL the recruits they apparently can hand-pick now, so we should get our share and hope our staff can develop them into winners!

Excuse me! I'm still ticked off about a 56-7 shellacking at the hands of our rivals! Regardless of where they finished, that should've never happened. For all of you "garnet kool-aid" fans, did you actually watch that game? Were they much more talented? Yes! Did our coaches have our team ready to play that night? No! Did some Gamecock players exhibit less intensity and hustle than at other games this season? Yes, again! I have not given up on Gamecock football, but Coach Muschamp will have to convince me that he can field a team that wants to compete with Clemson.

That may have been a more appropriate post to send to the team about 45 days earlier, since a 56-7 butt-kicking doesn't seem to have been much of a game to most Gamecock fans. Nice timing, Will.

What would be your message in two words or less to the team?

He was telling them this clemson team is someone they're going to have to be better than to win the SEC-The measuring stick. clemson is not going to get a lot worse anytime soon. They do lose their leading passer, rusher, receiver and tackler, but their recruiting has been stellar. We will be gaining ground on them.

To all Clemson fans and make believe Gamecocks, the 2017 NC is over as well as the 2016 football season. Believe me, Dabo and his team didn't do themselves any favors winning 56-7. Going into this year Carolina should be able to more than hold their own. Make no mistake Carolina will return and when we have the best team payback will be hell for Clemson . Now enjoy your natty and get ready for some ass whippins.

Love the optimism but we are way behind Clemson right now. The talent gap is enormous. If Trevor Lawrence gets Xavier Thomas to go to Clemson with him, then I don't see the gap getting any tighter.

Love the optimism but we are way behind Clemson right now. The talent gap is enormous. If Trevor Lawrence gets Xavier Thomas to go to Clemson with him, then I don't see the gap getting any tighter.
You still arent fooling me tater

Reactions: rogue cock
I agree with your intent, but the way you state it makes me
iu

Ah, there you are Manafold. I was beginning to wonder if you were going to come out of your medially induced coma after the NC game. I’m glad to see that you are back at it.

Before we talk about this particular quote, let’s look at some of your classic posting highlights this season:

----------------------------

Dabo has never won a big game when his opponent has been evenly matched with him. Look for Will Muschamp to be evenly matched with Swinney next year and every year thereafter until we run Dabo out of Pickens County.

I have never seen a game Dabo coached (all things being equal ) that he won. Enjoy this Saturday and your remaining season but don't jump off the ledge if you lose because it surly could happen.

Come on man. Dabo has managed to land some top talent players the last two years, got past FSU and caught us in a down cycle. To say Swinney has built an Empire is very premature. He has built a cult but after he gets soundly whipped by Bama and Williams, Watson , Gallman and others leave him, he reverts right back into the Tajh Boyd type teams. Clemson cannot consistently beat teams like Auburn, FSU OR South Carolina There will be seasons when Dabo won't even be able to match talent with these type programs. Clemson squeezed in to very good years no doubt but lets not get carried away.
--------------------------------------------------------
Those are some classics for sure, but FWIW, I’ve never considered you to be a Clemson Troll (a la Sportsuites1). I do believe that you are USC all the way. At any rate, your views on Dabo and not being able to win big games are pretty well known. Since Clemson got punked by WV in 2011, Dabo has beaten LSU, Ohio State (twice), Oklahoma (twice), and Bama for a NC (that’s in the past 5 years and only includes post season play). Now, I know that you can’t say Dabo is a good coach, that’s asking too much, but will there ever come a time when you can actually give a nod to reality and admit that Dabo (and Clemson) can win a big game?

So on to this post. I agree that this season is over, but I suspect that you’ll be hearing about this season for a while... As to the 56-7 score (and you brought it up, not me), I didn’t see that Clemson was trying especially hard to run the score up. USC simply didn’t come to play that day. Again, no one knows what next season will look like, but to say that USC should be on Clemson’s level talent wise is simply insane. I do think that WM has added some nice pieces (especially on offense) and that USC will be an improved team. But Clemson has more players top to bottom on the roster and it’s not even close. Clemson certainly has some HUGE question marks for next year (especially at QB), but the shelf is full of talented guys waiting for their shot. There’s no reason to think that Clemson can’t put a solid team on the field next year. We will probably lose some games (FSU, UofL, and even Auburn will all be tough outs), but there’s no reason to think that Clemson won’t be in those games with a chance to win.

The sun came up today...can you believe the nerve? Also there were clouds in the sky in places....I bet the moon will be out tonight and Will Muschamp will prolly text his players something trying to challenge them and motivate them?? Can you believe this??

Stupid and doubt he intended it hit the media. Sometimes you're better off keeping your mouth shut, especially after the debacle he coached in tatertown less than 2 months ago. Maybe before you play them would've been better. I suspect taters get reminded of this the week we play them next year, and to be honest, they don't need motivation. After winning 10+ games for what seems like forever, BCS and play-off games, and then the NCG, they seem pretty prepared.

I think the text is a message to challenge our current players to get ready to work.

It could also mean he is wise to what Clemson has done and is doing to lure recruits to Tater Town, and is ready to compete equally. It's hard to fight fair with someone who fights dirty. Taking the high road is a good rule of thumb, but sometimes you have to get down and dirty when your competition doesn't fight fair.

I think the text is a message to challenge our current players to get ready to work.

It could also mean he is wise to what Clemson has done and is doing to lure recruits to Tater Town, and is ready to compete equally. It's hard to fight fair with someone who fights dirty. Taking the high road is a good rule of thumb, but sometimes you have to get down and dirty when your competition doesn't fight fair.
Shouldn't he text "game on" to his bagmen rather than his current players? How are his current players going to help him recruit dirty? Strange theory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT