ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Ole Miss

Silver lining - Will Muschamp just got a free lesson in how to run a 2 min offense.

Again i love what Wisconsin is doing on offense. That young qb they got is the real deal. They might give Ohio st all they want. Dont count them out of the playoffs

What a mess we made of getting that fumble. You just can't play scared.

Honestly it was totally obvious it was a sack at 18 seconds and not only did that cost yards but stopped the clock yet no time out or challenge.
Does he have a clue?

Rico was hurt a lot and his offensive coordinators were awful. Kevin Harris has been put in better situations to be successful this year and so has Deshaun Fenwick, and having a fullback back there has helped his game immensely. I said Harris would start in front of Lloyd and even if Marshawn would’ve been healthy I still believe that. Kevin Harris is a good back and he will get better, but his success this year doesn’t mean he was better than Rico. Harris making an NFL squad is no fluke and he’s playing, so he was definitely “better” than what we saw from him when he played here.
Rico is talented but I am standing by what I said I can’t recall him ever out running a whole team. Harris has insane speed for his size

This is going to sound like typical taters but bad refs and our injuries is the difference.

So no review on the sack, but we HAVE to give them the 10th of a second there. **** these refs.

Id imagine thats why Muschamp was chewing them out. That was definitely a sack. Lot of time would’ve run off the clock on that play. Not to mention about 7 yards of field position. Next play was also a Pass Interference.

I don’t like the review to add 1 second unless we are going to start doing it for every play under 2 minutes or something like that. 2 plays earlier that clock runs off. But because it’s one second...stupid.

Reactions: HI Cock
F muschamp. Fire him now. I've heard Bill Napier. I would take Mr Bean at this point

Id imagine thats why Muschamp was chewing them out. That was definitely a sack. Lot of time would’ve run off the clock on that play. Not to mention about 7 yards of field position. Next play was also a Pass Interference.

I don’t like the review to add 1 second unless we are going to start doing it for every play under 2 minutes or something like that. 2 plays earlier that clock runs off. But because it’s one second...stupid.
Could he not have reviewed it?

Rico is talented but I am standing by what I said I can’t recall him ever out running a whole team. Harris has insane speed for his size
To be fair. Harris did get run down from behind a few plays ago, or would have been a td. He's pretty quick, but I've seen faster RB's for sure. To compare to Rico, I refuse to try to compare players that don't have the exact blocking players....jmo

There are plenty of running backs that can outrun a defense, it doesn’t mean they’re the best at their position. Tevien Feaster could outrun defenses too, but he couldn’t make the league. How much more praise do I have to give Kevin Harris.🤷🏾‍♂️ The guy is good I see that but I’m not gonna jump up and down, and act like he’s the next Adrian Peterson because he’s not!

There are plenty of running backs that can outrun a defense, it doesn’t mean they’re the best at their position. Tevien Feaster could outrun defenses too, but he couldn’t make the league. How much more praise do I have to give Kevin Harris. The guy is good I see that but I’m not gonna jump up and down and act like he’s the next Adrian Peterson because he’s not!
He has outrun safeties with an angle on him, he’s fast

There are plenty of running backs that can outrun a defense, it doesn’t mean they’re the best at their position. Tevien Feaster could outrun defenses too, but he couldn’t make the league. How much more praise do I have to give Kevin Harris.🤷🏾‍♂️ The guy is good I see that but I’m not gonna jump up and down, and act like he’s the next Adrian Peterson because he’s not!
Lattimore is a perfect example. The only knock on him was top end speed. Patience and vision, plus the ability and strength to break tackles or extend a play for an extra years or two consistently were his thing. He wouldn't outrun too many defenses either.

Reactions: Brace1
Hill has thrown 5 tds with 5 ints on the year. Muschamp keeps pumping the sunshine. Does anyone really think Doty or Hilinski could be any worse?

Another half without forcing a punt. And the one time we stop them we try to run out the clock.

He has outrun safeties with an angle on him, he’s fast
What teams did he do that too? I saw him outrunning defensive backs that had the angle, but competition means a lot, and so far I’ve only seen him run over teams with bad defenses. He won’t get that chance in the pro’s. If he does that against Georgia I’ll be impressed.

Lattimore is a perfect example. The only knock on him was top end speed. Patience and vision, plus the ability and strength to break tackles or extend a play for an extra years or two consistently were his thing. He wouldn't outrun too many defenses either.
Emmit Smith couldn’t outrun a slug and it didn’t stop him from being one of the best ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT