ADVERTISEMENT

game thread.

I've said this over and over, we're a crappy hitting team and this has been going on for at least 4 or 5 years...

Can't get the runs home with less than 1 out with RISP..

Reactions: 92Pony
We can't win on the road. No closer. And no hitters that can bunt, move the runner over or hit with runners in scoring position. Sad.

Reactions: ownCU
I hate to see when we have a game on one of the ESPN TV networks excluding SEC. Don't think we have won any of them all season.

We can't win on the road. No closer. And no hitters that can bunt, move the runner over or hit with runners in scoring position. Sad.
Disagree we have a closer, but nobody is going to hold a team scoreless forever . Johnson pitched a good game.

Reactions: gamecockblack
I did not watch the whole game but I did not need to 14 hits 4 runs told me all I needed to know. The one time I turn on the TV and watch hairston knock it over the wall. No excuse for losing that game. We're not a strong road team, we've been fortunate to win as many as we have so far. I'm not a baseball person knowledge wise but something is wrong when u have 14 hits and 4 runs. We'll make the regionals but I don't expect to go far. Football season can't come fast enough, I love my Birds but oh boy, a game like that is tough.

Not putting this on Reagan because he was lights out except for one pitch. That said the late homer hurt us again. Johnson could have come in the 8th inning being that he hadn't pitched all weekend. Oh well. Easy to second guess after a loss but Reagan's home run balls are concerning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT