ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread..

Why not throw a deep ball to end the half?
Just wondering.. Im no coach but an attempt to get in field goal range with a timeout left? Why not..

Reactions: BigTomE
Wow hats off to Muschamp for the defensive effort! I know it's only the first half but holding a&m to 7? Once this guy gets his recruits in we will have one of the best defenses in the nation. Offensively still a big question mark but I LOVE what I see on defense. Go Cocks!

Sumlin commented that SC really hasn't done anything since that first play. He doesn't seem worried about his O not scoring.

Reactions: BigTomE
I want to see more of Dowdle. Dowdle and Turner, all I want to see second half. Don't get cute with the rpo crap.

Reactions: myrtlecock
Never thought we'd be tied 7-7 going into the half. The offense needs to start firing. Hold 'em D. Go Cocks!

I'm just glad we're able to move the ball and get the defense some time to breathe. Hope that can continue in the second half. aTm gets the ball first so a quick 3 and out would be AWESOME!!!

Reactions: rogue cock
Re: snap count... We snap the ball every time right after BMc gives that arm signal. What is that signal anyway? Did that take the place of the leg raise up & down? It ain't hard to guess the snap when we do what we do.

The defense is playing great, but our offensive play calling is way too predictable, yet again. We don't run a zone read offense, but rather an inside handoff. A zone read requires the QB reading the edge rusher and occasionally keeping the ball, which doesn't happen.

Hope we don't have a repeat of last week and let them drive it down our throat to open the second half like Kentucky did . This first drive is gonna set the tone .

The defense is playing great, but our offensive play calling is way too predictable, yet again. We don't run a zone read offense, but rather an inside handoff. A zone read requires the QB reading the edge rusher and occasionally keeping the ball, which doesn't happen.
So, "BigTom", do you have another handle with coach in it? What, in your supreme mightiness, would you do? This board is chock full of armchair coaches who know nothing about the situation we are in. I'd love to hear your offensive strategy so that it too can be picked apart...

So impressed with Cocks defense, they're looking good! Offense, well, they are better than last week, for sure. I'd like to see Dowdle more, maybe as a wildcat QB with two big blocking backs beside him. Maybe Elliott needs to open a greenhouse with fresh flowers ... I'm sure he would always have an overabundance of pansies and daisies!

So, "BigTom", do you have another handle with coach in it? What, in your supreme mightiness, would you do? This board is chock full of armchair coaches who know nothing about the situation we are in. I'd love to hear your offensive strategy so that it too can be picked apart...

It's simple smart ass....

If we don't trust BMAC to throw the ball then we should give Orth a shot. At least with Orth we're not so predictable and one dimensional. We have the second to worst offense in the country, so obviously something needs to change.

Reactions: Scuba_do
Can't shut them out the whole game. The O is going to have to score.

Wow, ATM's receivers are huge compared to our DB's. Just looking at them lined up before each play, there's a huge difference.

If we don't trust BMAC to throw the ball then we should give Orth a shot. At least with Orth we're not so predictable and one dimensional. We have the second to worst offense in the country, so obviously something needs to change.

Got it - so let's put in a guy, who isn't a part of the future of this program, to set back the confidence of a guy who is a part of the future of this program, into a game where we are tied at halftime. So would you trade more offense for more points and being down by 2 TDs? I'm waiting...

There's more to in-game strategy than simply scoring points. It's chess, not checkers...

Receivers aren't getting separation. Who are you going to throw it to?

Got it - so let's put in a guy, who isn't a part of the future of this program, to set back the confidence of a guy who is a part of the future of this program, into a game where we are tied at halftime. So would you trade more offense for more points and being down by 2 TDs? I'm waiting...

Seriously?

There's more to in-game strategy than simply scoring points. It's chess, not checkers...

Seriously? Then why keep score? I'm sorry, but I believed Muschamp when he said that he had a win now mentality. I am beginning to question that now.

You're right... we have the worst offense in power 5 football, but lets keep doing the same thing and hoping for different results

Like a new OL and OL coach

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT