ADVERTISEMENT

Garnet and Black Traditions going under

martwing

Nov 9, 2007
Lake Murray
Just received a foreclosure sale notice for Cayce AND Lexington stores. I knew they closed Bower Pkwy, but didn't know they were in that bad of shape.

The selection has gone down greatly in the last 5ish years. Addams Bookstore is MUCH better as far as selection, especially for ladies' items. I usually only go to their stores now for jewelry cleaning, repair, etc. If JW closes too, guess I'll be heading back to Dems for jewelry issues.

Agree about Addams. I think they doubled their square footage recently.

The selection has gone down greatly in the last 5ish years. Addams Bookstore is MUCH better as far as selection, especially for ladies' items. I usually only go to their stores now for jewelry cleaning, repair, etc. If JW closes too, guess I'll be heading back to Dems for jewelry issues.
Batgirl, just fyi, the sale notice lists JW as well. 70% off May 2,3,4. Maybe 70% off gets their prices to a reasonable level ;)

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Rivals in Florence has all the USC stuff you could ever need. Then what they don’t habe Adams will have.

The selection had become awful. Plus, once you have a garnet tshirt, polo, and hat to go along with a black hat, shirt, and polo what else do you really need?

Yeah, I used to stockpile stuff when I was a teenager. Couldn't have enough Gamecock t-shirts. Now I have a couple. This is my fave item though and I wear it nonstop during the fall/winter:

16CMBMNCSCRGRYSCNAPO

If were were winning in sports.....there volume would be higher. Got to believe part of it is the performance on the field, court and diamond.
I have to admit I bought way more during the Spurrier years. Now....meh. Muschamp just hasn't shown me anything. I know it shouldn't effect my spending habits but winning does elevate the mood and your willingness to part ways with cash.

I did buy a new baseball polo last year at G&B. Its just hard to justify the ridiculous prices anymore. Its closing in on $90 for a polo.

I have to admit I bought way more during the Spurrier years. Now....meh. Muschamp just hasn't shown me anything. I know it shouldn't effect my spending habits but winning does elevate the mood and your willingness to part ways with cash.

I did buy a new baseball polo last year at G&B. Its just hard to justify the ridiculous prices anymore. Its closing in on $90 for a polo.

Love the Cocks and want them to win at EVERYTHING. But the teachings of Dave Ramsey do not support the buying of a $90 dollar shirt. Be it the Cocks or not

USCALUMNI

Messed up when the closed the store off two notch rd . It was always packed on game day folks like me traveling south the game would stop off load up. Once it closed i never went to another location they too far off the path.

There is no doubt. This is directly related to a lack of success on the field, on the court, on the diamond. You won't see any urange and purple stores closing

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
JW is where I always went when in Columbia. There was one in a little strip mall off Two Notch adjacent to the old Columbia Mall I used to go into. This has been a long time ago.

Yeah, I used to stockpile stuff when I was a teenager. Couldn't have enough Gamecock t-shirts. Now I have a couple. This is my fave item though and I wear it nonstop during the fall/winter:

16CMBMNCSCRGRYSCNAPO
Agree. I still go to Sam's and see a sweet Carolina shirt and then it hits me-I already have too many in my closet to count. Don't need anymore.

Reactions: uscalumni
Will the discount apply go online orders? Or in-store only?

Never mind: Website has no items listed any longer.

I know a guy here in Tampa whose nephew in Chicago wanted a bunch of SC gear, which was really odd. He asked me where to go online so
I recommended G&B Traditions. He ordered about $500 worth of stuff and they completely botched the order. Wrong sizes, didn’t ship a few items. He said it was the single worst place he had ever ordered anything from. I personally never had any issues, though with Amazon Prime now, it’s hard for me to wait 5 business days to get any order.

All have priced me out. The jewelry store was waaaaaaay overpriced also.
I buy from walmart. $100 polos and $50 dry fit tshirts is ridiculous.
Russell fits better than UA anyway. UA loose fit gear is still like spandex.

I love UA gear. They’ve done the best job at getting our colors right and make a clean product. That being said...it’s so over priced. And for fat guys like me, the dry fit material isn’t the most flattering look. Laughing

Still, I love their stuff. Wore more of it before we actually signed a deal with them (not Gamecock but just in general)

Palmetto Moon seems to take care of both markets well.

Palmetto Moon seems to take care of both markets well.
They do have a lot of variety. I shopped a PM a great deal when I lived in Charleston, and am very happy they are up here now (albeit they are in the mall - which I hate going to).

But for Gamecock stuff, Addams is the place to go now. I will miss the jewelry side. Wish they would have just stuck with that.

Don't understand why any Gamecock Fan would buy from a store also selling clemsux garbage when they could just as easily buy from one that does NOT, like Addams, or the old Gamecock Country (yes, I remember). That being said, I will however, greatly miss the Original BEAT Stickers. JW did have that Tradition

Don't understand why any Gamecock Fan would buy from a store also selling clemsux garbage when they could just as easily buy from one that does NOT, like Addams, or the old Gamecock Country (yes, I remember). That being said, I will however, greatly miss the Original BEAT Stickers. JW did have that Tradition

It's not like you had to walk into the Clemson side. They were two separate "stores" within the main store. You could barely even see it at Harbison.

It's not like you had to walk into the Clemson side. They were two separate "stores" within the main store. You could barely even see it at Harbison.
And? I would still rather NOT buy from a store also selling clemsux garbage, is there something about that you don't understand?

Reactions: PC31
And? I would still rather NOT buy from a store also selling clemsux garbage, is there something about that you don't understand?
Then there must be a great many stores in SC that you don't shop, and not just clothing stores. I guess you never shop at Dick's. Academy. Belk. JCPenney. Dillards. Target. Any random gas station that sells koozies. Walgreens. Lowes and/or Home Depot. Any radome True Value Hardware. The list goes on and on.

Then there must be a great many stores in SC that you don't shop, and not just clothing stores. I guess you never shop at Dick's. Academy. Belk. JCPenney. Dillards. Target. Any random gas station that sells koozies. Walgreens. Lowes and/or Home Depot. Any radome True Value Hardware. The list goes on and on.
I said Rather NOT. I realize you can't even go in a grocery store without having to see the puke orange crap everywhere, but i even surprise myself at how far out of my way i will go to boycott that crap like the plague! And I bet this world would would be a much better place .................oh NM

Reactions: PC31
I said Rather NOT. I realize you can't even go in a grocery store without having to see the puke orange crap everywhere, but i even surprise myself at how far out of my way i will go to boycott that crap like the plague! And I bet this world would would be a much better place .................oh NM
You ever considered getting professional help?

They do have a lot of variety. I shopped a PM a great deal when I lived in Charleston, and am very happy they are up here now (albeit they are in the mall - which I hate going to).

But for Gamecock stuff, Addams is the place to go now. I will miss the jewelry side. Wish they would have just stuck with that.
Is Ms. Cocky still open? My wife used to love shopping there before we moved.

Once Mr Satterfield died his son took it over and overpriced himself into bankruptcy. I’m sure his dad is quite displeased at his sons decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT