ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia gonna get dragged into this UT mess

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008

Sounds like Friend will fit right in at Auburn.

Wow. May be truly for the best Friend didn't settle in here.

From skimming the article, I don't understand how UGA will be impacted because of this Mims kid. Does it depend on what *he* did - if anything - related to his UTjr recruitment (possibly accepting something impermissible?)? Otherwise, if a coach just contacted him illegally or something similar, that wouldn't follow him (thereby causing trouble) to UGA, would it? Now, no matter the issue, if it causes trouble at UGA, my feelings will NOT be hurt.

Last edited:
Wow. Maybe truly for the best Friend didn't settle in here.

From skimming the article, I don't understand how UGA will be impacted because of this Mims kid. Does it depend on what *he* did - if anything - related to his UTjr recruitment (possibly accepting something impermissible?)? Otherwise, if a coach just contacted him illegally or something similar, that wouldn't follow him (thereby causing trouble) to UGA, would it? Now, no matter the issue, if it causes trouble at UGA, my feelings will NOT be hurt.

I think maybe the reasoning is if UT had to commit a violation to attract this kid, other schools may have also. It could be similar to Jimbo Fisher/A&M and Mullen/Florida both getting show causes because they did the exact same thing at different times with the same recruit. Both met behind closed doors with a recruit named Smalls in Washington state while he was a Junior (not allowed until he's a senior). Both got the same penalty. Neither signed the kid (suckers!).

Reactions: 92Pony
I heard Dan Patrick saying the NCAA would visit UGA next. So I looked it up.
You think Jeremy Pruitt was a part of honest dealings at Bama and decided to cheat out of the blue at UT? It’s no wonder our talent seemingly always pales in comparison to our opponents. These other programs are always looking for loopholes. If we are doing it too we must be the worst in the world at it.

You can bet money if Friend was still at USC the NCAA would find a way to penalize Carolina for what happen at Tenn.. lol

I know this is a popular feeling but to be fair we still have not been punished for the Final Four run and there’s probably enough there to give us some type of penalty.

I don’t care though. It was fun while it lasted.

• Wow
Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
I heard Dan Patrick saying the NCAA would visit UGA next. So I looked it up.
You think Jeremy Pruitt was a part of honest dealings at Bama and decided to cheat out of the blue at UT? It’s no wonder our talent seemingly always pales in comparison to our opponents. These other programs are always looking for loopholes. If we are doing it too we must be the worst in the world at it.
Gene Chizik probably wasn’t cheating at Iowa State.

You can bet money if Friend was still at USC the NCAA would find a way to penalize Carolina for what happen at Tenn.. lol
Please, you know the NCAA will have us lose 6 scholarships and have limited recruit visits for a year because he was "under contract" (was he even in Columbia?) for 3 days...

Reactions: gamecox4982
Sure the Vols AD (Fat Phil) will find a loophole like when he was coaching and turned in Alabama to the NCAA so they would look the other way on his violations in TN.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Seems like the "cheating" back fired based on how their season went, I am mildly amused that this is following Rockybottom again. Fulmer is probably just as much in the wrong as anyone else in the UT FB (program, used loosly)

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Trust Shane Beamer!!! I think he knew coming into the program what he was dealing with in Tanner and other assist coaches he wanted to keep, just to save money...

Shane was the best we're going to get as far as Head Coaches, and it turns out that former Carolina players pushed for him to be hired.... Beamer had to keep the former assist coaches and I bet Bobo went to Tanner about hiring Will Friend first, saying I need him...

Tanner won't be here forever, but believe Tanner may have stumble on hiring a good coach in Beamer, time will tell, but as of now with Tanner in charge, we weren't going to get that big name coach with a winning record.

I'm glad Bobo and his Friend are gone and Connor Shaw is the only coach I really wanted to stay, maybe Rocker and Kitchings...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT