ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Tech is dirty

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006
The officials missed an obvious chop block. Kentucky player was injured. Mark Stoops was ready to fight Paul Johnson in the middle of the field.

Dangerous to knees, but what GT does is within the rules. At least they block folks. Maybe the offensive line at USC should watch a film of them and take note of the novel idea of effectively blocking someone

That was the FIRST Kentucky player injured. The second player injured was engaged high and blocked low.
The 2nd is the one in which they showed the replay and it was clean. It was the one in which Stoops showed his ass. The first one the announcers said it was clean but didn't show the replay.

C1BOFR9XUAA-RnT.jpg

The 2nd is the one in which they showed the replay and it was clean. It was the one in which Stoops showed his ass. The first one the announcers said it was clean but didn't show the replay.

Oh, OK. Switching between games so easily confused (more so than usual)

Dangerous to knees, but what GT does is within the rules. At least they block folks. Maybe the offensive line at USC should watch a film of them and take note of the novel idea of effectively blocking someone

BINGO! There you go! The quickest way to eliminate 'chop blocking' (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) in college football is for USC to master the 'art' of getting by with the 'legal' technique of said practice. BAM! The SEC, ACC, NCAA, et al would be on top of us like stink on $%!#.

Yet another ACC beatdown of SEC. It's getting quite commonplace.

I love that the taters play then each year lol.

I actually think playing them every year is an advantage in a lot of ways. Reading your keys and playing correct technique is never a bad thing Playing them you have to preach fundamentals and reading your assignments. We spend a week on that game in fall camp. I think driving that mentality helps not only in that game but also helps in other games. If you think about it most of your read option stuff is basically triple option with all the shifts. It just utilizes the pass option to the outside instead of the pitch.

I actually think playing them every year is an advantage in a lot of ways. Reading your keys and playing correct technique is never a bad thing Playing them you have to preach fundamentals and reading your assignments. We spend a week on that game in fall camp. I think driving that mentality helps not only in that game but also helps in other games. If you think about it most of your read option stuff is basically triple option with all the shifts. It just utilizes the pass option to the outside instead of the pitch.
I hate playing GT. Always hold my breath no one gets hurt. However, it does toughen you up because you are defending old school physical football

BINGO! There you go! The quickest way to eliminate 'chop blocking' (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) in college football is for USC to master the 'art' of getting by with the 'legal' technique of said practice. BAM! The SEC, ACC, NCAA, et al would be on top of us like stink on $%!#.

Cut blocks are legal..But if the defender is engaged by another block, it's a chop block and illegal..

that being said...i have long maintained that all cut blocks should ruled illegal..they are as dangerous to players as blows to the head

Reactions: rogue cock
Having played in a triple option offense I can tell you that the chop blocks that happen are not intentional. They normally come from a missed O line call where one guy misses the adjustments called at the line.

Maybe the coach you played for who ran the triple option didn't teach it as an acceptable blocking technique and they just happened. But make no mistake about it, the military schools and Tech who still ran the triple opiton offense make it a priority technique. It does 2 things, gets DL on the ground taking them out of pursuit and gets DL more worried about the knees and careers than making a stop. Its a legal block today but the practice should be as illegal as targeting and players guilty of it should be ejected from the game. They are doing it far too many times for it to be unintentional with those 4 teams who chop and cut block more than the other 124 D1 teams combined.

Nevertheless... that Ga Tech team full of 2 star recruits beat UGA and all their 5 stars, and just thumped KY, a team that is going for a FOURPEAT against us in 2017.

Love him or hate him, Paul Johnson does more with less than just about anybody.

Maybe the coach you played for who ran the triple option didn't teach it as an acceptable blocking technique and they just happened. But make no mistake about it, the military schools and Tech who still ran the triple opiton offense make it a priority technique. It does 2 things, gets DL on the ground taking them out of pursuit and gets DL more worried about the knees and careers than making a stop. Its a legal block today but the practice should be as illegal as targeting and players guilty of it should be ejected from the game. They are doing it far too many times for it to be unintentional with those 4 teams who chop and cut block more than the other 124 D1 teams combined.
And they have restricted the use of the cut block even more this year. Won't be long before they completely get rid of it and make anything below the waist illegal.....too many injuries.

The officials missed an obvious chop block. Kentucky player was injured. Mark Stoops was ready to fight Paul Johnson in the middle of the field.
The Tech offense depends on the chop block. It's like holding - you could call it on somebody almost every play. The chop block is a fixture with that offense.

Reactions: DarkCock
Yet another ACC beatdown of SEC. It's getting quite commonplace.
It would take several years for the SEC to reestablish its supremacy as the nation's best football conference, even if we win out the remainder of the bowl season. That's how bad the past few years have been with regard to the league's prestige.

Nevertheless... that Ga Tech team full of 2 star recruits beat UGA and all their 5 stars, and just thumped KY, a team that is going for a FOURPEAT against us in 2017.

Love him or hate him, Paul Johnson does more with less than just about anybody.
And doesn't get much recognition for it.

It's a game where people get hurt. Take out the hurt factor and just as well put flags to pull on everybody. High school football participation is down 17-18 % over last 5 years and the main factors for that are fear of injuries and kids having other things to do (playing on their cell phones like I am now?) according to the NHSF.

I love it when many of the football simpletons get a chop block confused with a cut block. For some of you that are ignorant of the facts, they are not the same thing. And a cut block is legal, which is what GT does. But it probably will be outlawed some time in the future. In fact with the way society is getting soft as a whole, and influencing sports, I fully expect that not too many years down the road that football will be little more than 7 on 7.

Reactions: JRS9572
Exactly midline.

I think what people miss.....
Years ago the theory of line play was low man wins the battle.
Now d lineman stand up expecting to pass rush and it becomes a habit no matter what the offense is doing. With that happening and triple option lines firing out......well where do you think their shoulders will block? The lower
Leg or the thigh.
Good d line coaches teach technique to stay low and engage the oline top of shoulder pads to keep the olineman away from their bodies.
Also turned out Stoops was yelling over in Johnson and GT's huddle bot because of cut blocks but a GT player running his mouth at Stoops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT