ADVERTISEMENT

GG Jackson Update!

Multiple sights reporting a possible decommit coming and him signing with SC in the coming weeks!
Fingers crossed 🤞
I think it’s a done deal. He wants to reclassify. UNC doesn’t have a scholarship. We were plan B. For once the ball may bounce our way

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
This would be a huge get for Coach Paris, even if we are plan B.
Maybe keep us relatively competitive or at least make this 1st year one where we have some collective excitement about what the future may hold

With all of the abortion talk lately, I'm pretty sure that there is a, "Plan B," joke in here somewhere...I'm too drunk to figure it out tho...

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
It would be a big splash initially for Coach Paris' young program. From all of those same reports I've been reading, the big reason WHY Jackson is wanting to reclassify in the first place is he plans to be a one-and-doner, and he wants to get it done sooner than later. So whoever gets Jackson if he reclassifies, only gets him for one single season.

Of course, he was most likely never going to be anything less than a one-and-doner even if he doesn't re-classify, so that's a given. My point is, can Jackson provide a big enough positive impact to the program - not just by being a big name to join, but in wins and competitiveness on the court - in a way that can resonate with Paris' program AFTER Jackson moves on to the NBA. Will he simply be another Ben Simmons for LSU? And remember, Simmons going to LSU was an addition to an already strong recruiting class, that made it stellar. But 2-3 years after he was gone, what did he leave behind?

But our program is so mediocre these days, that ANY positive news is not good but GREAT news, even if for a day or a month or a year, compared to the definite alternative......

I'm reading elsewhere that Jackson has officially decommitted from UNC. So whatever is going to happen, it is apparently going to happen soon......

It would be a big splash initially for Coach Paris' young program. From all of those same reports I've been reading, the big reason WHY Jackson is wanting to reclassify in the first place is he plans to be a one-and-doner, and he wants to get it done sooner than later. So whoever gets Jackson if he reclassifies, only gets him for one single season.

Of course, he was most likely never going to be anything less than a one-and-doner even if he doesn't re-classify, so that's a given. My point is, can Jackson provide a big enough positive impact to the program - not just by being a big name to join, but in wins and competitiveness on the court - in a way that can resonate with Paris' program AFTER Jackson moves on to the NBA. Will he simply be another Ben Simmons for LSU? And remember, Simmons going to LSU was an addition to an already strong recruiting class, that made it stellar. But 2-3 years after he was gone, what did he leave behind?

But our program is so mediocre these days, that ANY positive news is not good but GREAT news, even if for a day or a month or a year, compared to the definite alternative......
Yeah I think it definitely could be a “bridge” type thing but my take on that is this:
1. If he’s true one and done lottery pick type guy then that means we’re probably going to get a great season out of him which can only help in year one to establish that you can come here and transfer through into the league same as you can a blue blood type school (helps with future big recruits maybe or recruiting in general for Coach Paris).
2. Could also be the positive bridge to having a better record this year which might mean better recruiting as Coach Paris builds his foundation here for years 2, 3, and so on.

Probably more that could be added to that but it’s really early and my brain isn’t full speed right now. You got to take him and see it only as a HUGE positive to get right out of the gate though for a program in our position.

Who has watched him play? is he everything advertised? a friend said he is close to zion in talent...correct?

Good article on Matt McMahon at LSU putting a team together. The article is on the ESPN website under college basketball. This has nothing to do with this topic, just fits into a basketball thread.

More than happy to have a one and doner. Wish we could have had the same thing for Oneal, Garnett, Zion, and all the others that never came here. Why not? I might actually tune in to see a talented kid wearing garnet and black.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
If he does sign with us, it has got to be a hugh boost for the program.
I think it would be a good decision on his part.
I am sure that he sees the career potentital if he comes in and becomes a team player and leader.

Who has watched him play? is he everything advertised? a friend said he is close to zion in talent...correct?
Not as athletic as Zion, but a top level player that I would say is definitely a one and done if he remained in his '23 class. Not so sure if he re-classes to 22. He has the talent, but you are accelerating the development process another 12 months for an already young player.

This young man is a one and done. If we have any hope of fully utilizing him so we can build for the future we need to have some players that can keep defenses from collapsing on him. I hope we have at least one good outside shooter and one who can at least do well enough that the other coaches have to keep an eye on them.

I hadn't asked the guy I know anything but I have a feeling getting Carey Rich on staff was very very important in having this chance w GG. That and having momma really push for her baby to stay close home one more year before he becomes a famous person and has to live far away after the draft next year. And the tarholes taking that transfer for next year pretty much nailed it home for us.

This is a baby wanting to stay home close to momma issue. Helps its a 5* lol. I wish our football team would get a few.

This is definitely a perfect storm of sorts working itself out in our favor. It will only do good things for GG and for USC basketball for this to go well - he’ll forever have that #hometownhero status that he tagged on twitter + hopefully a top NBA lottery contract and our program and new coach will lay a good recruiting foundation as being a place talented guys can come and execute their goals.

This is a baby wanting to stay home close to momma issue. Helps its a 5* lol. I wish our football team would get a few.

It was already well explained that this is actually a re-classifying issue, to get into the NBA sooner. UNC can't take him if he re-classifies to 2022, while USC can. Simple as that.

Being a "stay home close to momma" issue math don't work for a kid who would be only a "one and done" college player regardless of which class he is part of, and then he's off to some NBA city somewhere. In fact, staying at his initial class for 2023 and going to UNC like he originally planned to do, would actually give him one additional year to be "close to momma" than coming to USC one year earlier, unless he goes to the Charlotte Hornets.....

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnySolo
Well, we certainly/hopefully should be better with him than we would be without him. Even if he is a rent-a-player.

So can we have an update on the current roster? I assume we have enough players to field a team?

So can we have an update on the current roster? I assume we have enough players to field a team?
Just one more scholarship to fill. Expecting to have a year like Georgia did last season but hoping over the long term that Coach Paris can have South Carolina competing. I hated to lose Devin Carter and Woodley to the transfer portal.

If Carter or Cousinard had stayed I’d be liking where things were but hopefully that last spot gets filled with starter level talent

Just one more scholarship to fill. Expecting to have a year like Georgia did last season but hoping over the long term that Coach Paris can have South Carolina competing. I hated to lose Devin Carter and Woodley to the transfer portal.

Some of those players have to be thinking about what it would have been like to stay after landing someone like Jackson.

Of course it's too late now but you have to think someone might have some regret.

Some of those players have to be thinking about what it would have been like to stay after landing someone like Jackson.

Of course it's too late now but you have to think someone might have some regret.
Carter and Couisnard landed on their feet with better programs, Providence and Oregon. Bryant just transferred to transfer, South Florida in Basketball?

Carter and Couisnard landed on their feet with better programs, Providence and Oregon. Bryant just transferred to transfer, South Florida in Basketball?

No doubt.

I was just hoping that maybe- somehow- they had a second thought or two. But I wish them the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT