ADVERTISEMENT

Go All In with the Lady Gamecocks...

Sending an SOS

Aug 20, 2005
This will be your only hope for supporting a winner in a major Gamecock athletic program.

Hopefully, the word to best describe 2020 will be “change”. Otherwise, it will be “apathy”....

The way you become more interested in WBB is by attending their games ( the crowds and excitement level is more intense than in MBB ) and reading everything you can on the individual players as well as following recruiting. Other forums like UConn's Boneyard and the Lady Vols are excellent sources of information and our fans post there as well. It helped me when I got to meet some of the players and I also know Aja's dad.

A major fan advantage with WBB is they usually stay 4 years. That's one reason why the McGuire years were special. We got to know the players over time and even the ones on the opposing teams.

I love the Women’s BBall team but it’s not the same at winning in football, men’s basketball and baseball. It’s nowhere close.
You're a victim of your own short sightedness! Free your mind! Experience the full joy and pride of the excellence that is Gamecock WBB! If you fail to find that joy because the men's programs are struggling, you have my sympathy!

I wish I had attended more Ladies games as a student but I shared in the same flawed perspective of
MEH , girls ? (My mistake I own it & I was pretty dumb at 20)
Thankfully after I did some growing up I can appreciate them more, and attend more and am grateful they are representing my school and delivering success and even advancing to this hallowed place called the Post Season!

This will be your only hope for supporting a winner in a major Gamecock athletic program.

Hopefully, the word to best describe 2020 will be “change”. Otherwise, it will be “apathy”....

Gentlemen Gamecock basketball is an enigma so far this season.

Hope you're wrong about the yardcocks. I believe that you hope you're wrong too!

The way you become more interested in WBB is by attending their games ( the crowds and excitement level is more intense than in MBB ) and reading everything you can on the individual players as well as following recruiting. Other forums like UConn's Boneyard and the Lady Vols are excellent sources of information and our fans post there as well. It helped me when I got to meet some of the players and I also know Aja's dad.

A major fan advantage with WBB is they usually stay 4 years. That's one reason why the McGuire years were special. We got to know the players over time and even the ones on the opposing teams.
I wish we had a WBB forum too. We’d have much less peeing, moaning, and ridiculing each other.

Don't feel alone. 95% of the nation feels exactly the way you do....even the women.
Don't know the national stats. You probably don't either! But in locals where quality women's basketball is played, that's obviously not the case. As the Gamecocks take the court tomorrow night, there will be at least 11k enthusiastic fans enjoying the game at CLA. I'll proudly be one of them. As for your 95%, who cares!

I read recently that WBB's March Madness and Final Four produce more revenue than baseball, soccer and hockey tournaments.
An interesting statistic which I believe. Hockey is an interesting throw-in. The only southern school which I am aware of who is even eligible to compete for the frozen four (i.e., the only NCAA D-I hockey program in the south) is Alabama-Huntsville.

I know it's early but after watching the total dismantling of Ky. could this be our best team ever?
The game vs 'Bama yesterday was a bit of a wakeup call. In the post-game interview, the announcers opined that there was lots of teachable moments on tape for Dawn to use, and she concurred. Opportunities for improvement and the resources help make it happen. Love it.

The game vs 'Bama yesterday was a bit of a wakeup call. In the post-game interview, the announcers opined that there was lots of teachable moments on tape for Dawn to use, and she concurred. Opportunities for improvement and the resources help make it happen. Love it.
What does it tell when a 15 point road win is a wake up call!

Don't know the national stats. You probably don't either! But in locals where quality women's basketball is played, that's obviously not the case. As the Gamecocks take the court tomorrow night, there will be at least 11k enthusiastic fans enjoying the game at CLA. I'll proudly be one of them. As for your 95%, who cares!

If you had told me back when I was a student at USC (1977-1981) that in 40 years, women’s basketball will draw 10,000+ fans per game , will be a perennial power and contend for national championships, I would have told you you were crazy! The most unbelievable part of that statement is drawing 10,000+ fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT