ADVERTISEMENT

Google Sean Miller (Basketball Coach) ... Our next coach per Wikipedia?

Apparently people not doing a little research.
I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not but I have certainly googled it. Wikipedia is saying he is the head basketball coach of the University of South Carolina. Just looking for opinions.

I could easily see him getting the job. But there are lots of hurdles that need to be investigated by the university. Sort of like when Bruce Pearl was hired at Auburn. Apparently, they were assured by somebody at the NCAA that whatever penalties that would be handed down wouldn't be that severe. Players will leave because they are upset about Martin being run, so any hope for a quick turnaround is probably just a hope anyway. But people are demanding improvement. Cal has baggage, but nobody at Kentucky cares. Ditto Pearl at Auburn. Heck, John Wooden may be the greatest cheater in the history of college basketball, but he is recognized as the best that ever walked the sidelines. It is all about winning folks. And it is time. Past time.

Reactions: TAV31
Well, John Wooden wasn’t directly involved, but he allowed it to happen. Sam Gilbert, a local man in the construction business and a great fan of UCLA basketball, “took care of players,” providing goods and services not allowed by the NCAA. Wooden turned a blind eye to all Gilbert’s dealings.

I could easily see him getting the job. But there are lots of hurdles that need to be investigated by the university. Sort of like when Bruce Pearl was hired at Auburn. Apparently, they were assured by somebody at the NCAA that whatever penalties that would be handed down wouldn't be that severe. Players will leave because they are upset about Martin being run, so any hope for a quick turnaround is probably just a hope anyway. But people are demanding improvement. Cal has baggage, but nobody at Kentucky cares. Ditto Pearl at Auburn. Heck, John Wooden may be the greatest cheater in the history of college basketball, but he is recognized as the best that ever walked the sidelines. It is all about winning folks. And it is time. Past time.
If it's him, he's hired already. Leadership is just doing some wordsmith work to heighten palatability.

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not but I have certainly googled it
I was implying the info about Miller's shady past and why he got fired. It was newsworthy in Tucson for quite a while before he actually was fired.

Miller would be a strange fit for USC. I think him even being considered has opened up his options elsewhere. (Once one school was willing - others can justify their willingness.)

He may end up at USC, but I feel like there are places that make a lot more sense. He’s an elite coach - he could find an elite job.

Reactions: mavcock
People are likely just playing around on Wikipedia. It's extremely unlikely that the first place the school would ensure to change is wikipedia page before announcing to the public. Odds are someone noticed it and fixed it.
It's pretty common for celebrities in particular to have pranksters edit their Wikipedia page for. For instance a quick Google search of the top shown that at one point Charlie Sheen page was listed as half man and half cocaine at one. While probably technically true it was done by someone seeking attention.

My cousin's step-brother on my daddy's side saw Sean Miller riding in a Jon Boat with a Russell Jeffcoat Realtor looking for a house on Lake Murray. Just Say'n!

I figure it got removed. People add things all the time that get deleted for no documentation.

I work with a guy that played in the nfl.
Wiki says he died in like 1998.
I have corrected it. He has even corrected it but every time it gets changed back .
He has given up.

If it's him, he's hired already. Leadership is just doing some wordsmith work to heighten palatability.
I mentioned in another thread that if we bought Martin out weeks before a reduced payout, there was a good chance Tanner already had his candidate.

People balked at this but if it’s Sean Miller he is a candidate that had all sorts of time to talk since he is currently unemployed (same with Gregg Marshall). If either coach is named in the immediate future, it’s apparent a deal was in place and Tanner and the board wanted to move forward to reduce the risk of another school swooping in and taking the top candidate, much like Georgia did with Kirby Smart. I’m sure Tanner still suffers from some PTSD from that experience.

I joked somewhere yesterday that before the day was over, somebody would swear that Miller was out at the lake looking at houses. Didn't believe the Halls stuff last night until Uva confirmed it. If he is in town, hope they don't let him leave. The guys on the radio this morning were saying that Bob Richey from Furman was the backup in case Miller goes sideways, and that BJ would probably get a courtesy interview just because of his USC connections. We will see what happens

Saw that. He better hope USC signs Miller. If not, folks will want to run him out of town on a rail.

Not a good week for Uva. Did he get played? I saw a tweet that Tanner actually leaked to the press that Miller was in town.

I got a bad feeling our administration is going to screw this up by being so adamant about wanting to interview more than one candidate...BJ McKie and Bob Richey being the main two.

He's already backtracked and apologized for being wrong.
Doesn't matter. If Miller comes to Columbia it will be forgotten. But facts have to outweigh the desire to be first in the journalism game. If Miller doesn't come, and suddenly here comes Bob Richey from Furman, he will always be blamed for that let down

Reactions: PC31
Wow..... just saw this. That stinks!
Cline said on his show there was genuine interest so I hope that is correct. I'd hate to think we were not on Millers radar at all or vice versa.

Wow..... just saw this. That stinks!
Cline said on his show there was genuine interest so I hope that is correct. I'd hate to think we were not on Millers radar at all or vice versa.
I don't think the latter would be true. I also don't think I'll be taking Uva very seriously in these intense situations after this. Fool me once...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT